Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Stauffer, on his show, just said don’t be surprised if the Oilers sign a 2 way RightShot D depth dman.

We don’t have the server capacity to fight about another depth defenseman..!!

4b1b15da-cdfa-4b3d-a80f-95744b6ec0f1_text.gif

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Delia was canucks goalie a few years ago when Demko was injured. He was serviceable, wasn't wowing anybody but he can play NHL games.
Anyone can play NHL games if given the chance. he was pretty shit at it lol

The only bad thing about this is that it takes up a contract spot but a positive is that Rodrigue should get more starts

Reactions: Hollywood55

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If the Oilers could manage to move Ceci's contract and replace him with Carrier in the top 4 to play with Nurse, that would make for a pretty amazing offseason even with the probable hole at third line center they'd be left with.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hmm so the Canucks tried to create all that cap space just to overpay Debrusk? I like Debrusk but thats a guy I wanted the Oilers to offer a 1-2 year deal at 3.5-4M max. I think them missing out on Guentzel was a big deal. I will be extremely surprised if they don't fall off somewhat this year. I think they'll be a playoff team, but won't be close to winning the division.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hmm so the Canucks tried to create all that cap space just to overpay Debrusk? I like Debrusk but thats a guy I wanted the Oilers to offer a 1-2 year deal at 3.5-4M max. I think them missing out on Guentzel was a big deal. I will be extremely surprised if they don't fall off somewhat this year. I think they'll be a playoff team, but won't be close to winning the division.
They on paper are a better team then they started the year as but definitely not as good as they finished the season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Dalia looks like a huge drop off from an organizational #3 Pickard. Can't afford any regression to the Captain's game as Oilers #2.
Rodrigue might be some good insurance there. I wouldn't rule out him playing his way onto the roster. Two AHL years of .912 and .916 with close to starter work load. He'll be 24 at the start of the season. I think he has a chance to win out a backup spot. Love his athleticism.

Reactions: Oil53 and Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Rodrigue might be some good insurance there. I wouldn't rule out him playing his way onto the roster. Two AHL years of .912 and .916 with close to starter work load. He'll be 24 at the start of the season. I think he has a chance to win out a backup spot. Love his athleticism.

Yup, they gotta give him a shot sometime. Adding a more AHL backup-ish guy in Dellia signals that they are going to put some trust in Rodrigue this season, IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad