Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If Supremteam is to be believed London Ont own Josh Brown is that Toronto area impact player.
I never said he’s going to be a big impact player, I’m saying he’s a great fit for the #6-7 big, physical defender role we need on our team.

I think mid next season people around here will be talking about how they’re happy to have him on the team. Carbon copy of Desharnais as a player but with more experience and likely coming cheaper.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Ya
You would also think at this point in his career Henrique wants to win, I can't see him signing in Anaheim unless it's on a 1 year deal with the intent of a trade at the deadline again.

I fully expect him to sign with a contender on a 2-3 year deal though
Nick Bjugstad was all pumped to win as well.

These players always say that in the media but let’s not pretend that’s the only thing they think about. Reality is the family aspect is probably the biggest factor.

Maybe there is a team out there that balances that both for Henrique, but guess it’s wait and see

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I won’t show you the fancies cause you don’t care. My opinion is based on what I have heard from Ottawa and Arizona fans and the few games I’ve seen him play.
That all points to a bad player.
And yes most players have bad analytics on bad teams. But usually a team with a bad defense playing a guy as their, that player is probably not all that great or they would be playing more.

At the end of the day he is a #7 d who won’t be playing much. Not the end of the world.

But how dare I say anything negative about him.
The issue is that you make sweeping (cyclonesweeping) statements about players based on like second and third hand knowledge. You say he's bad and that's that based on what some other people say. Maybe he is, I don't know and neither do you based on viewings.

In any event, it's a nothingburger contract and hopefully the Oilers don't plan on going into the playoffs with this defense which is all I really care about.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
So if they even are considering moving Ceci, who would replace him? Carrier, Schmidt, Brodie are the only notable d men left. As much as I want him gone, I just don't see it unfortunately.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Ya
You would also think at this point in his career Henrique wants to win, I can't see him signing in Anaheim unless it's on a 1 year deal with the intent of a trade at the deadline again.

I fully expect him to sign with a contender on a 2-3 year deal though
Nick Bjugstad was all pumped to win as well.

These players always say that in the media but let’s not pretend that’s the only thing they think about. Reality is the family aspect is probably the biggest factor.

Maybe there is a team out there that balances that both for Henrique, but guess it’s wait and see

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Henrique is probably still asking for his wife’s permission to stay in Edmonton

Next time I come for a game 6 you guys are going to need to arrange me a tour of the nicer neighborhoods.. jus tin case I ever get offered the GM job I so richly deserve. The (very) long drive from the airport to Ice District likely doesn't sell the city's best assets (though I did enjoy seeing a few mountain bikers getting started near the Mill. Creek Ravine? (I'm guessing here)

Reactions: Canovin

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I never said he’s going to be a big impact player, I’m saying he’s a great fit for the #6-7 big, physical defender role we need on our team.

I think mid next season people around here will be talking about how they’re happy to have him on the team. Carbon copy of Desharnais as a player but with more experience and likely coming cheaper.
Hey if people can misinterpret what I say to poke fun at me I can absolutely do it back.
He is a big physical defender , doesn’t pk much. More experience but less strong defensively than Desharnais. He will be ok in a limited role especially against some of the bottom teams to help rest guys.
People expecting him to play full time on the bottom pairing will be dissapointed as he didn’t even do that in Arizona this year.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This is an expansion team in need of culture setters. With utility. A very good bridge for their young talent to grow around and learn from. Versatility, strength and developing depth through the middle of the ice is a solid investment.
I'll always agree with that. But it's the ticket and the potential offensive regression I see when I look at it.

I do understand that Gourde is riding off into the sunset after next season, but this contract suggests Stephenson is a top six guy for them long-term. I don't like that projection for them knowing that he's not going to have the same kind of support in Seattle.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Meh on signing 1M depth players. Hope they sign a whole whack of em, and that a few work out. Bury the ones that don't.
So far, the Oilers have been fairly restrained in terms of 2024 free agency spending and I give them credit for it.

Some of these salaries around the league are absolutely ludicrous--both in terms of annual salary and length of term. So many teams competing for talent and of course if Bettman had his way he'd put another franchise in Jackson Mississippi or Boise Idaho.

The Campbell buyout at less than 2% of the annual cap starts to sound like financial genius compared to some of what I have seen today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad