Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So if they even are considering moving Ceci, who would replace him? Carrier, Schmidt, Brodie are the only notable d men left. As much as I want him gone, I just don't see it unfortunately.
It doesn't matter.. this fanbase will even take Josh Brown in top 4 as long as Ceci isn't on the team.

His 3.25M contract with one year remaining is what is crippling the team as per many here.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Healthy Kane is still a good player. I think it’s fair to see what he does this year and then go from there.

Arvi drai kane is a pretty good line.
Yup especially with Holloway ready to step in when needed. We don't need no more top 6 forwards

• Love
Reactions: Ibanez

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why? He's a 26 year old 6'4 center who is top 50 in even strength production at the position.

That was a free wallet for them. All it cost was cap space, which isn't a valuable commodity for a 'rebuilding' team.
Because he's terrible? There's a good reason this guy bounces around like a cheap hooker.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
A lot of it is I will say something in passing and then like a few guys will respond saying things, I respond to that and people freak out. Tony Kahun is the worst for it. I said he wasn’t a great player, he said he is at least as good as Desharnais and I disagreed.

I post a lot and I reply to what a lot of people post. The funny thing is if I say literally anything positive no one even sees it. I call a #5 d a #6 d I get laid into.

Like today I’ve been mostly positive. Sure I have said things like peoples dreams of moving Ceci and Kane and spending cap we don’t have on big players isn’t lightly, maybe I shouldn’t. I was even defending Arvidsson earlier.

I apologize for not liking a player that all signs point towards not being good, I guess you can only make statements on players you haven’t personally watched if they are positive statements.

I think the biggest thing is just maybe being less flippant about criticisms particularly when you're not sure about things and or they're maybe a little minor.

I think you made some decent points today and Josh Brown that I think if you articulated but then jelly within the context of "this is a no rush 6D that we can bury in the minors for free for any reason at any time got no loss" it would go over well, but I think because you made the comments in passing it comes across like you're catastrophizing the contract when really - even if it sucks horribly, no harm no foul, he goes to the minors and we pick up a different 6D at the deadline.

You're also right about people paying less attention to the positivity. Negativity bias is a hell of a drug. You might not get as much engagement or likes on it, but we notice. Or at least I do. And I appreciate it. <3

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'll always agree with that. But it's the ticket and the potential offensive regression I see when I look at it.

I do understand that Gourde is riding off into the sunset after next season, but this contract suggests Stephenson is a top six guy for them long-term. I don't like that projection for them knowing that he's not going to have the same kind of support in Seattle.
It's an expansion team that's growing its internal talent. They need culture setters and there's no perfect players. Stephenson is a solid leadership player who buffers and bridges their young talent to develop realistically ... not decade of darkness Oilers style.

I think Francis is a pretty sharp GM, as a once elite player at centre, think he's in a good position to evaluate the importance of centre depth, team need short-term and mid-term with competitiveness and fostering a positive team culture. There's no free in free agent so Seattle steps up to grab a very good fit with versatility, scoring, and leadership down the middle of the ice. Not a perfect player but a really solid fit. Beniers next contract will benchmark against other league peers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad