Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Let me make you all @CycloneSweep especially feel better.
Brown at 3 years $1m/yr or Gudbranson at 4 years $3.8m/yr. (can't believe I typed that out)?

Ok, there you go. Feel better now?
I already said it’s not even close to as bad as other deals today. Not even bad contract, just a bad player.

I guess I can’t call a bad player bad without getting piled on. Good grief.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
We didn't even try him with Knobloch D system. He was no worse than Skinner under Woody and woodys system.

He can rebound easily next year..

Well we were busy fighting for our lives this season after that shit start…

No runway left.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Brown is going to be just another in a long line of players that Cyclone has been wrong about.

He was asked to do a lot of above his head work in AZ but I think he’s going to look much better playing his game on a better team in a system with more support.

He’s a guy who works hard, student of the game. He blocks shots, PK’s, erases guys in front of the net and in the corners. Fights and stands up for his teammates.

We’re probably going to get the best years of his career.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I don't disagree but the Oilers don't have enough money, as of now, to sign a viable #3C. I wish they'd sign Henrique instead of Jeff Skinner for instance but not sure how realistic it is so if they do sign Skinner, Nuge is likely getting #3C time at some point. The Oilers did make it pretty far in the playoffs without one until the Henrique line was formed late.
Nuge is definitely a utility guy who later contract can move into bottom six support role. Just highly doubt that is this critical window season where he is delivering quality production and defensive support, moonlighting occasionally as 2C when they run The Stack Line. I've always thought that would be like year 5 or so on deal with anticipation that McLeod or other would grow into a top 6 role.

I'd try to flush McLeod + trying to find a hard-ice veteran 3C. Have felt Henrique was never/most likely not coming back. Watching that 3rd line deliver in deep playoff competition reinforces to me the critical need through marathon, heavy deep hockey.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lmao what are they even doing. They got laughed out of the playoffs last year. They should be shifting into rebuild mode.
Building a playoff team.

Their ownership sees Ovie's last years and his drive for the all-time goals record and chose to spend some cash to build a competitive team around him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well we were busy fighting for our lives this season after that shit start…

No runway left.
There was run way.. we were comfortably in a playoffs spot for over a month at the end.. oh well.. Pickard is just as good as Campbell and Skinner for me..

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
If Henrique goes to Winnipeg that’s gonna be a kick in the nuts..

California I understand.
I have a real hard time believing that Henrique and his family wanting to play in Winnipeg.

If I had to bet I am sure the delay is him seeing what California teams are interested.

Would not surprise me at all seeing him return to the Ducks. They don’t really need to do anything and can take the time

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Building a playoff team.

Their ownership sees Ovie's last years and his drive for the all-time goals record and chose to spend some cash to build a competitive team around him.
I mean the Caps only made it by default. They weren't a threat to anyone but themselves. They were legit one of the worst playoff teams of the modern era. If this was Philly or Detroit I'd completely understand it but that team is absolutely cooked.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
We didn't even try him with Knobloch D system. He was no worse than Skinner under Woody and woodys system.

He can rebound easily next year..
Are we really going to go down this line of thinking? Jack was done as an oiler the second he was sent down. Of course he can bounce back, he probably will, and I'll be happy for him and might even watch him in Detroit if he plays more than a few games.

I swear to god some people here just look for a reason to be a hater

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We got an Ekholm recruitment... still waiting on McD,Hyman to lure a Toronto area impact player..

Call JSkinner already Connor
If Supremteam is to be believed London Ont own Josh Brown is that Toronto area impact player.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Priorities at this point would be to flush Ceci and sign Janmark. Still need a 3C (not Mcleod) and personally I'd like a D to help stabilize Nurse and his shite defending. Someone with skating ability and also a puck transporter, so he can just concentrate on defending..

Reactions: La Bamba

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I have a real hard time believing that Henrique and his family wanting to play in Winnipeg.

If I had to bet I am sure the delay is him seeing what California teams are interested.

Would not surprise me at all seeing him return to the Ducks. They don’t really need to do anything and can take the time
Yeh, unless the Jets offer is double the offer from a Cali team he isn't going there..

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I already said it’s not even close to as bad as other deals today. Not even bad contract, just a bad player.

I guess I can’t call a bad player bad without getting piled on. Good grief.
How is he bad?

Which games that you've watched of Arizona when you were watching Brown specifically made you come to that conclusion?

I know, you'll get me some random fancies chart of his on a bad team to prove that but it doesn't mean he'll be bad on a better team. Most players have bad analytics on bad teams because bad teams are.....bad.

I'm not saying he's good by the way because I don't have an informed opinion on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad