Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Brown & Henrique is probably asking 2.5+ million and terms.

EDIT: see that as well on Puckpedia for Brown. Good signing if true.

Janmark is probably exploring the UFA market before he signs.

As much as I love Janmark, I don't mind the idea of plugging Holloway in his spot on that third line.

Gives you the option to chase a legit top 6er and a 4th liner with size for above and below him.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Arvidsson
Holloway-_____-Brown
Comtois/Max Jones-type-McLoed-Lavoie

Getting Henrique back is near a must though, unless they've got the plan to target Wennberg or trade for someone like Laughton.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
All the freaking sunbelt teams.

They get Slavin, around the same age as Nurse a much better player than Nurse in a higher cap world, for $3M/yr less. It just seems really unfair. And yes I'm salty haha
We're just so unused to good GMing around these parts. Here's hoping that Drai comes in under 10M but I wouldn't bet on it.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
As much as I love Janmark, I don't mind the idea of plugging Holloway in his spot on that third line.

Gives you the option to chase a legit top 6er and a 4th liner with size for above and below him.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Arvidsson
Holloway-_____-Brown
Comtois/Max Jones-type-McLoed-Lavoie

Getting Henrique back is near a must though, unless they've got the plan to target Wennberg or trade for someone like Laughton.

Janmark is a near perfect bottom 6 player though. Hopefully we get him at 1-1.25m

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Who would you rather have playing with Draisaitl? Can you imagine Marchessault with McDavid? He would be the perfect complementary component for either.

I think you need to find a way to fit him on the books. Have McDrai reach out to him.

The only way to fit Marchessault in would be to move both Kane and Ceci. He would be a great addition. I just don't see it as a practical option.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The only way to fit Marchessault in would be to move both Kane and Ceci. He would be a great addition. I just don't see it as a practical option.

Hes had a late start to his career. I could see him wanting to be paid. I like the player a lot but I would be scared of the term with him.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You can't GM like that in Edmonton. Only a GM in an attractive destination can be as cutthroat as Vegas is.
I fully agree. Vegas has had as many misses as hits but have been bailed out by the fact that players have really wanted to go there. AP for example took less to go there than he could have gotten on the open market but now it seems he might be the next guy thrown to the wolves so that they can chase the next shinny toy.

As an aside, AP's game has gone downhill substantially. At $8.8M he is a major issue for them going forward. I suspect they will indeed work hard to get him out.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I fully agree. Vegas has had as many misses as hits but have been bailed out by the fact that players have really wanted to go there. AP for example took less to go there than he could have gotten on the open market but now it seems he might be the next guy thrown to the wolves so that they can chase the next shinny toy.

As an aside, AP's game has gone downhill substantially. At $8.8M he is a major issue for them going forward. I suspect they will indeed work hard to get him out.

They will just trade him for Marner and be out of it like they always are lol

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
You can't GM like that in Edmonton. Only a GM in an attractive destination can be as cutthroat as Vegas is.
But you can still be a little firm. I feel like JJ isn't afraid to ruffle some feathers. Kenny was too nice, too player/agent friendly.

We have 2 of the best players in the world, the best fans, the best facilities. There should be enough incentive for people to come here.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
This is not confirmed, but it sounds like Boston and Lindholm are a done deal

It also sounds like Oilers will be adding a top 6 winger for certain. Take guesses people

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad