Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hope we look at a couple of the high pedigree buyout guys on one year trials and sign Janmark. But I hope we sit back and let things settle.

There will be teams who miss out on guys who might be a market for guys like Kane and Ceci. Lots left out there on the UFA market to fill out depth roles.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Without moving cap we don’t have room for either Henrique or Walker. 7.9 mill, 6 players needed for a roster.
Can always move out money later if need be or even now. Teams have gone over the cap before during free agency then became cap compliant for the season.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
We can run a player short as usual, or 2 short if we’re feeling wild and crazy. Might get us in The conversation. I’d give Henrique 6 years like Tanev, because who GAF? Why let the leafs have all the fun

Without moving cap we don’t have room for either Henrique or Walker. 7.9 mill, 6 players needed for a roster.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Hope we look at a couple of the high pedigree buyout guys on one year trials and sign Janmark. But I hope we sit back and let things settle.

There will be teams who miss out on guys who might be a market for guys like Kane and Ceci. Lots left out there on the UFA market to fill out depth roles.

Could you imagine Vancouver coming to us because they missed out on everyone, only to get Kane and Ceci for some picks and prospects, just so they can save face? LOL. I'd love to see it.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I never thought Debrusk was coming here and I was fine with that. Him going to Vancouver though is worst case scenario if his old man is going to continue to be forced on Oiler fans. I’m already bummed out about next season and it has nothing to do with the team.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’d be fine keeping Kane on a line with Draisaitl and Arvidsson. Good combination of size, speed and grit on that line. We’ll see though, the bridge might already be burned if we have shopped him and asked him to waive his NMC

Reactions: Macheteops

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Kane will be over his hernia and possibly healthy. Wouldn't get rid of him. I'd give him a chance this upcoming season.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton

Nuge Mcd Hym
Holloway Drai Arvi
Kane ?? Brown
McLeod Hammy ??
Ryan

Bouch Ekholm
Nurse Broberg
Kulak Ceci

Skins
Picks

What 6 players are you talking about?

Henrique 4.5m possibly
Janmark 1.5m or less

That still leaves 1.9m.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Let’s get things straight, I don’t hate Kane the person. Kane at 5M is too expensive and is rapidly declining as a player (as many do who play his style). This past year, a majority of his goals came early in the year against non playoff teams. When competition got tougher, he couldn’t score. He isn’t that player that was here in year 1. That was outlier Kane. I’m not going to get into it here again, but money is better spent elsewhere.
he played with a sport hernia for most of the year

let's see what he's like fully healthy before jumping to conclusions

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The cap goes up by a decent amount for the first time in years and GMs lose their damn minds!

That Tanev contract for the Leafs is hilarious.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Just get Janmark done now and Holloway re-signed and fill the rest of the forward roster with 800 k fodder, get Broberg re-signed add a 800k 7th man

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I
I never thought Debrusk was coming here and I was fine with that. Him going to Vancouver though is worst case scenario if his old man is going to continue to be forced on Oiler fans. I’m already bummed out about next season and it has nothing to do with the team.

I know it’s not for everyone but I greatly suggest finding away streams (at least when Jack isn’t on). Sportsnet has terrible coverage for the Oilers. Only decent was after games in the Finals.

If enough people stop watching, they might make changes

Louie is trash and will be unbearable now. It’s just not worth watching through that

Reactions: rboomercat90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad