Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Jake ain't gonna like Tocchet
I never thought Debrusk was coming here and I was fine with that. Him going to Vancouver though is worst case scenario if his old man is going to continue to be forced on Oiler fans. I’m already bummed out about next season and it has nothing to do with the team.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Nuge Mcd Hym
Holloway Drai Arvi
Kane ?? Brown
McLeod Hammy ??
Ryan

Bouch Ekholm
Nurse Broberg
Kulak Ceci

Skins
Picks

What 6 players are you talking about?

Henrique 4.5m possibly
Janmark 1.5m or less

That still leaves 1.9m.

Would rather see them go after a D upgrade compared to spending 4.5 on Henrique

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kane will be over his hernia and possibly healthy. Wouldn't get rid of him. I'd give him a chance this upcoming season.
This has been a back and forth for some time now. This isn't the first time he's had to 'bounce back' from injury. His last two playoff runs, he's been held back by injury.

His game didn't fit the Knoblauch system and his game is built on high risk volume shooting. He's a good player, but he's an expensive luxury wise production we can replace for a fraction of the cost.

Does Draisaitl need $9m of wing support? No. And neither of those guys are playing 3C.

Reactions: foshizzle

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Seam Walker was brutal in playoffs for the AVS why do you think they never tried to re-sign him

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nuge Mcd Hym
Holloway Drai Arvi
Kane ?? Brown
McLeod Hammy ??
Ryan

Bouch Ekholm
Nurse Broberg
Kulak Ceci

Skins
Picks

What 6 players are you talking about?

Henrique 4.5m possibly
Janmark 1.5m or less

That still leaves 1.9m.
We have 7.9 of space with the following players on the roster

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Hyman, Kane, Arvidsson, Brown, Ryan. 9 forwards need 3 more to play a game

Nurse, Ceci, Ekholm, Bouchard, Kulak (5, need one more minimum)

Skinner, Pickard

So we need to sign call up 4 players to even ice a roster and arguably 6 to run efficiently. Spend 6/7.9 on Henrique and Janmark that leaves 1.9 mill to sign Holloway, Broberg, a 12. Which is enough but we cannot afford to have an extra D or forward all year.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
he played with a sport hernia for most of the year

let's see what he's like fully healthy before jumping to conclusions
Sure. I can guarantee you he declines further next year. I hope to be wrong- but 33 year old power forwards don’t resurrect after 2 injury plagued seasons.

Reactions: Yeah15

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Good for Foegele. Never got much PP time but was an effective ES scorer at a sub-3 pricepoint. Never was physical enough for me and I always kinda saw his offense as fortunate instead of talented.

Reactions: belair and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad