Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Oilers waive Lavoie again

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I love how Nurse gets blamed for everything but no one is saying anything negative about Emberson. What a joke.
Emberson is a bottom pairing D playing top4. He's making league minimum so it easy to be okay with it. Nurse is on his way to becoming unserviceable. The guy is lucky he is McDavid's buddy otherwise he would have been shipped out long ago

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The problem is this dumbass management thought a dude with 30 games under his belt could compliment Nurse's erratic game for some reason
I'll cut Nurse some slack since he missed most of training camp...but Emberson ain't the answer
never has, never will be

they needed a vet like Ceci, but better

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Lots of have said negative things about Emberson but the 900k guy with 30 gp should get some more rope than the 9.25 defenseman with the same consistent issues for years.

There are some very staunch defenders of Nurse here, mostly clinging to "but he was good in the bubble season!"

The truth is, the guy is massively overpaid and requires a very specific partner to look decent.

Even Ekholm bumping him down a pairing hasn't helped much.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
gordon-ramsay-what-are-you.gif

• Haha
Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There are some very staunch defenders of Nurse here, mostly clinging to "but he was good in the bubble season!"

The truth is, the guy is massively overpaid and requires a very specific partner to look decent.

Even Ekholm bumping him down a pairing hasn't helped much.

That's what annoys me the most about Nurse. Yes, he's very overpaid, but at this point in his career, how the f*** can he still need sheltering or a partner to babysit him? It's just inexcusable for a guy who also has a 'A' on his jersey.
f*** Matheson. Just retire, dude.
Hehe, right? Traded away Ceci for reasons = but the Oilers maybe should get him back at the trade deadline. Yet here's Matheson who once had the audacity to call Leon 'pissy' saying another dumb ass shit. f*** off, Matheson.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I love how Nurse gets blamed for everything but no one is saying anything negative about Emberson. What a joke.
One has a 9.25M contract, the other has 30 NHL games played.

Poor Raph…

I’m thinking an Av. Apparently they have a shit ton of injuries up front.
Can't Vegas just claim him and send him down now? I'd rather give him a few games on the big club than give him away to Vegas.

Reactions: North

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Poor Raph…

I’m thinking an Av. Apparently they have a shit ton of injuries up front.
Maybe, but I still doubt it, because they know the Oilers are going to claim their player back, I feel it has to be a team that just tried to f*** with the Oilers.

I agree, but not over Ceci. It's quite possible that Cody Ceci is the best RD we can get if we end up getting a rental.
:facepalm: No, just no.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Everyone here talking about Defense like Goaltending wasn't an issue last night... Skinner goes through bouts of being bad and showed that again last night. I hope he figures that out but I think Goaltending will be talked about more and more as the season wears on. I believe we should have picked up Chris Driedger for free yesterday.

Yes defense is an issue, but I'd like to give the new guys a little more time to put it all together. It has always appeared like they are going to use the cap space from Kane for a RD at the deadline but prices will be higher if we're more desperate... Gustav Lindstrom is a player I have time to claim but we should have offered a PTO to get a better view.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
What the hell are they doing with poor Lavoie? If they really don't see him on the roster or won't give him a shot, why even bother going through the motions of reclaiming him, only to once again put him on waivers to send him down (and have him subsequently claimed by another team)?

Front office clown show continues with this bush league nonsense.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What the hell are they doing with poor Lavoie? If they really don't see him on the roster or won't give him a shot, why even bother going through the motions of reclaiming him, only to once again put him on waivers to send him down (and have him subsequently claimed by another team)?

Front office clown show continues with this bush league nonsense.
I think the front office is very concern about the cap space and accruing for the deadline, they also might be hoping that the Knights might not claim Lavoie because they were just randomly grabbing at guys the other day.

But yeah, it's not a great look. It's too bad about the Nucks f***ing around yesterday.

Reactions: Shizuka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad