Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Oilers waive Lavoie again

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

That’s actually really annoying. They’d probably do it too because it’s just a one day paper transaction to put him back on waivers if someone else put in a claim. Considering we weren’t the only claim though, you pretty much have to leave him up and see

It's better than running with 6D.

Going with an 11-7 in a pinch is a lot easier with this roster.

Depends who gets hurt. If it’s someone from our bottom 4 other than Nurse, it’s really not a big deal for a game. Nurse is capable of playing half the game, so you’d just need the other 2 in the bottom 4 to log like 16-18 minutes each. Even if it was Ekholm it’s not the end of the world. It basically just can’t been Nurse/Bouch. Then we’d be in trouble

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Or its similar to Jones/Nurse extensions.

Sometimes you need to wait it out a bit. Meanwhile Francis gave Daccord for $5m. Guess we don’t have to really worry about Seattle for the next 5+ years

I won't worry about Seattle until they get a star player. They can have a top 5-10 goalie in the league, but they're not going anywhere with Beniers as their top scorer.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
At this point I think a Samorukov/Kostin type of trade makes sense. Lavoie isn't a great fit with the way they've constructed the roster, but I doubt the want to lose him for nothing.
Maybe Lavoie for Ty Smith if the Canes put in a claim for him. Or for Ian Mitchell if the Bruins put a claim in.

I was looking at the Avs and only Calvin DeHaan really makes sense, but doesn't

Reactions: McTonyBrar

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If they're worried about losing Lavoie again(probably should be) they can just waive one of Stetcher or Dermott instead.

Nobody is claiming either of those guys.
Dermott has a 2 way contract and is playing his wrong side. He doesn't need to be waived- he can just be sent down

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Accuring cap is already dead before it started lool
It's not. Accruing cap daily means 2-3 weeks of this has minor impact at the trade deadline. Hell if you can manage an average of 500k cap space per day leading up to the deadline, and use a 3rd party for 75% retention, you can add an 8mil+ cap hit at the deadline.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
At this point I think a Samorukov/Kostin type of trade makes sense. Lavoie isn't a great fit with the way they've constructed the roster, but I doubt the want to lose him for nothing.

are they allowed to trade him after claiming him off waivers? I know the rules kept being changed. I thought they had to hold onto him for 32 days then trade him--again the rules keep changing

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
are they allowed to trade him after claiming him off waivers? I know the rules kept being changed. I thought they had to hold onto him for 32 days then trade him--again the rules keep changing

According to The Hockey Writers:

Players who are claimed off waivers must be offered to the other teams that placed an original claim before that player can be traded. For example, if a player is placed on waivers and three teams place a claim on him. The team lowest in the standings gets first dibs. If they then decide to trade the player, he would first have to be passed on by the other two teams. If a team places a claim, he’d be theirs. If not, he can be traded.

• Haha
Reactions: ConnorNova0929

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
My understanding is they would need to pass through waivers with no other team putting in a claim before you can trade them.

Edit: What Davo posted above seems to support that.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Can u post your comments from the time of the trade?
It was clear as day Kesselring was a player from the rookie camp in Penticton.
here is the original thread were we talked about the trade

Posting the link to the trade is supposed to prove what?
From what I have read- he has been for them exactly what he was for us...a player needing a lot of work
If you keep bringing this up to prove some kind of point maybe you shouldn't flip the f*** out when Broberg plays over 20 minutes and scores a goal.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It was clear as day Kesselring was a player from the rookie camp in Penticton.

Posting the link to the trade is supposed to prove what?

If you keep bringing this up to prove some kind of point maybe you shouldn't flip the f*** out when Broberg plays over 20 minutes and scores a goal.

thread posted for a reminder of what the thoughts were at the time

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Both players were contributors last night in St. Louis but its a long 82 game season and the real results won't be available for awhile.
Broberg got caved and scored a goal that shouldn't have gone in on an NHL goalie.

Needing two captain patches does match their overwhelming fan insecurity.
one for the captain and the other is for Canucks, because that logo sucks ass

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
thread posted for a reminder of what the thoughts were at the time
Do tell what was your reaction to the transaction?
Broberg got caved and scored a goal that shouldn't have gone in on an NHL goalie.

one for the captain and the other is for Canucks, because that logo sucks ass
Let's see what Broberg does next game. Then we can see what he accomplishes over the next decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad