Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Oilers waive Lavoie again

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The only problem I see with this is - who do you scratch? Although not perfect, I thought the bottom 6 as a whole wasn't much of a problem last night, and more or less did what they needed to. Both bottom 6 lines even produced a few solid chances.

The guys truly deserving a seat all occupy the Top 6, and they aren't going to give a rip if Lavoie comes in for Podkolzin, for example.
They play back to back Sat/Sun, so ideally Ryan and Perry shouldn't both be playing in both games, so you sit one of them in each game and play Lavoie. But I agree with your point that the issue last night wasn't our foot soldiers, it was with our best players.

Reactions: K1984

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
"Adding Kesselring is so dumb. That's what it cost for 450K retention? Sheesh, just dumb for an inconsequential rental. I hate it tbh but I'm a Kesselring guy."

Hated it then and even moreso now. Never understood why Kesselring was a throw in for a bottom 6 center rental. Holland just loved throwing away picks and prospects.

Unfortunately, NHL GMs seem to care very little about prospects drafted under previous regimes (unless they are established NHL players...and even then, you never know). We're seeing this again with Lavoie (IMO)

North

Jun 25, 2009
All they need to do to prove Nurse is cooked is play him with Bouchard or Ekholm. He would still look bad with either of them, and we all know that they are legitimate top 4 / top pairing D
Nurse playing with Bouchard would absolutely crater Bouchard.

Ekholm playing with Emberson would probably help Emberson.

Unfortunately for Nurse’s partner they have to somehow anticipate his mind boggling decision making and try to cover.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad