Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Askarov is trending very well so I don't know what you're getting at. Askarov is asking out cause Saros has been signed to 8 years and Nashville can't give him a spot.

Is Stuart taking 2.5M again if he continues being average?
Is he though? .911 in the last 2 years is lower than Rodrigues performance.

Yes. Askarov wants a spot gifted. The question is, why did Nashville commit to the older downtrending Saros if Askarov is so good.

2.5M isn't actually the price of an average goalie. It's less than. We are getting great deal with Stu. If he gets paid appropriately it becomes just a fair deal. Not the end of the world. Maybe he'll still outplay goalies double his cap hit in the playoffs again.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Is he though? .911 in the last 2 years is lower than Rodrigues performance.

Yes. Askarov wants a spot gifted. The question is, why did Nashville commit to the older downtrending Saros if Askarov is so good.

2.5M isn't actually the price of an average goalie. It's less than. We are getting great deal with Stu. If he gets paid appropriately it becomes just a fair deal. Not the end of the world. Maybe he'll still outplay goalies double his cap hit in the playoffs again.
At the same age. Rodrigue was putting up .894 and .886 playing 11 and 13 games. While Askarov putting 2 seasons of 44 and 48 games at .911

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
At the same age. Rodrigue was putting up .894 and .886 playing 11 and 13 games. While Askarov putting 2 seasons of 44 and 48 games at .911
So currently they are performing the same. Neither being currently good enough for an organization to trust them in a starters role. I don’t think shipping a 2nd or 1st for him makes sense. We have a goalie already and we have far larger holes to prioritize.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
So currently they are performing the same. Neither being currently good enough for an organization to trust them in a starters role. I don’t think shipping a 2nd or 1st for him makes sense. We have a goalie already and we have far larger holes to prioritize.
Goaltending is still a need. The 2RD is bigger priority. If Askarov only costs a 2nd, it's worth the risk. He can be ready as soon as a year. That would help the Oilers immensely.

Reactions: Spawn

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Fabbro+Askarov for picks/prospects received from Broberg, Holloway compensation would get the management an A+ from me

Askarov+Fabbro for
Stecher+Rodrigue+ 2nd+3rd+3rd
No hope. Aside from the fact if I am Nashville I'm not giving either player up for that package, they are in a win now mode. They'de want players to help them win today.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Goaltending is still a need. The 2RD is bigger priority. If Askarov only costs a 2nd, it's worth the risk. He can be ready as soon as a year. That would help the Oilers immensely.
Nah its not. Holland didn't think so. And neither do JJ or Bowman. Goalie depth could use bolstering always though, which is why we drafted Emil, who some goalie experts (actual experts) think was the best goalie in the draft.

I'm not sure what Askarov is worth. But if we got him, he may or may not help immensely. I don't think you can call any goalie prospect as a sure thing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nah its not. Holland didn't think so. And neither do JJ or Bowman. Goalie depth could use bolstering always though, which is why we drafted Emil, who some goalie experts (actual experts) think was the best goalie in the draft.

I'm not sure what Askarov is worth. But if we got him, he may or may not help immensely. I don't think you can call any goalie prospect as a sure thing.

I will say this the "he's young!" excuse isn't going to fly for Skinner if he has rough patches next year. You've been in a Cup final, now the expectation is going to be solid numbers from here on out.

He might want to lose a few pounds and work aggressively on his lateral movement this summer. He needs to take a step forward in his game.

.905 regular season and .901 playoffs ... those numbers need to improve. You would like to see at least .910 in both categories, this team suppresses high danger chances well enough now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Listening to Bob's Post Mortem on these Offer sheets from yesterday. I found this to be an interesting quote.

On the subject of developing Savoie as opposed to how Holland handled Holloway and Broberg. He said the Oilers new regime will look to emulate the Stars system where players like Stankoven are over ripen and brought up ONLY if they are seemingly 100% ready and able to stay up. Not like before where players would go up and down and up and down. He then dropped this quote:

"there needs to be a path [for these prospects], a full sort of total buy in, and not a FIEFDOM mentality of respective different units within the organization, I fully expect that out of the combination of Jeff Jackson and Stan Bowman"

Sounds like Bob is accusing the Holland regime as having a fiefdom mentality and treating prospects differently or apart from the main team.

I would add that personally watching Tyler Wrights treatment of prospects face to face, I was not a fan. He treated them like he was their boss/drill instructor moreso than their friend/mentor/support staff that he should be.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

I like our goalie depth but Vinni is like 5 years away. Ungar is like 3-4 years ago and may never turn out. Rodrigue could be ready as soon as next year. Askarov would be ready next year but he could also be the best of the bunch. For a 2nd it could be worthwhile. That's what we used on Vinni. But I wouldn't send a 1st for Askarov tho.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I like our goalie depth but Vinni is like 5 years away. Ungar is like 3-4 years ago and may never turn out. Rodrigue could be ready as soon as next year. Askarov would be ready next year but he could also be the best of the bunch. For a 2nd it could be worthwhile. But I wouldn't send a 1st for him tho.
Maybe he’s ready, or not. I think we need to keep focused on the short term. It’s still cup or bust with this group, so we will need to prioritize needs. And RD is the priority moreso than goalie depth.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If he's willing to come back, I'd do

EDM 1st 2026 + Evander Kane

for

Adam Larsson + prospect

At the deadline. We had our chances to utilize 1st round picks earlier in the McDavid era, at this point these picks are going to miss the McDavid/Drai prime window entirely so you might as well trade them.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Listening to Bob's Post Mortem on these Offer sheets from yesterday. I found this to be an interesting quote.

On the subject of developing Savoie as opposed to how Holland handled Holloway and Broberg. He said the Oilers new regime will look to emulate the Stars system where players like Stankoven are over ripen and brought up ONLY if they are seemingly 100% ready and able to stay up. Not like before where players would go up and down and up and down. He then dropped this quote:

"there needs to be a path [for these prospects], a full sort of total buy in, and not a FIEFDOM mentality of respective different units within the organization, I fully expect that out of the combination of Jeff Jackson and Stan Bowman"

Sounds like Bob is accusing the Holland regime as having a fiefdom mentality and treating prospects differently or apart from the main team.
Of course old as balls Holland is running a fiefdom haha. Holloway is lucky he wasn't launched off a catapult.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Who the hell is YTT?

Bob completely throwing Holland under the bus after kissing his butt for the last 5 years is something.

Youtube Trev. Hes just a kid that works for Edmonton Sports Talk and has a YouTube channel called above average. He basically just agrees with whatever Dustin Nielson says and even made a video about how the offer sheet was Stan Bowmans fault.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Youtube Trev. Hes just a kid that works for Edmonton Sports Talk and has a YouTube channel called above average. He basically just agrees with whatever Dustin Nielson says and even made a video about how the offer sheet was Stan Bowmans fault.
Thanks. Ok. Another person to avoid.

Jeez, I'm only listening to GYB and Stauffer when he has Friedman, MacT, or Lawton and even then I often turn it off mid interview when it gets to shit like "remember when Dave Brown fought Behn Wilson in October of 1987?"

We gotta be able to do better in this city...

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know him. But how did he reason that this was Bowman’s fault. I’d love to hear his reasoning on that.

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad