Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Fabbro+Askarov for picks/prospects received from Broberg, Holloway compensation would get the management an A+ from me

Askarov+Fabbro for
Stecher+Rodrigue+ 2nd+3rd+3rd
I can see Nashville moving Fabbro as he will be an UFA. I'd hate to move Rodrigue before seeing what he can do in the big league.

Reactions: aspin3

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Would be a good for for a player like him too here I think. We have definite space on our RD for him to have a good shot at playing and if it works out, I mean look at Desharnais and Broberg getting sizable contracts by being here.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I'm not saying that's the case but if Askarov wants guaranteed NHL games and a path to starting goalie, I can't see anyone rushing to scoop him up.

Even if we could obtain him for free, the message should be "We can get you in games, but you have to out perform everyone else ahead of you". If he doesn't want to do that then no thank you

Maybe once training camps start up, and prospects/backups struggle, someone will come calling.

Reactions: ujju2

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not saying that's the case but if Askarov wants guaranteed NHL games and a path to starting goalie, I can't see anyone rushing to scoop him up.

Even if we could obtain him for free, the message should be "We can get you in games, but you have to out perform everyone else ahead of you". If he doesn't want to do that then no thank you

Maybe once training camps start up, and prospects/backups struggle, someone will come calling.
I hope the Oilers trade for him tho. Skinner's deal is up in 2 years. Do you see him being worth 4M+?
Askarov could become a starter for us in 2 years at at low cost.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com

He is fine with being a back up, but as a Russian it usually goes NHL or KHL when they get to this point. Askarov can make similar money to an NHL back up in the K.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
This is the remaining UFA defencemen:

1. Justin Schultz
2. Kevin Shattenkirk
3. Calen Addison
4. Tyson Barrie
5. Tony DeAngelo
6. Jarred Tinordi
7. Gustav Lindström
8. Alex Goligoski
9. Mark Giordano
10. Marco Scandella
11. Nikita Zaitsev
12. Travis Dermott
13. John Klingberg
14. Marc Staal
15. Robert Bortuzzo

This is the RFA's:
1. Moritz Seider
2. Thomas Harley
3. Nikita Okhotyuk
4. Ilya Solovyov

Do we see any intresting?

I could have time for Lindström, Scandella, Dermott, Klingberg or Bortuzzo for a top for role. Or why not offersheet Seider or Harley?

Thoughts?
Addison and Schultz stick out.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why on earth would Nashville do this?
Askarov wants out and they don't want Fabbro who will also be out after this season.

Rodrigue was just as good in AHL and unlike Askarov wouldn't mind playing there again next season. Fabbro is worth Stecher/Emberson+2nd
Askarov For Rodrigue +3rd +3rd

We will likely need to add but it certainly wouldn't be another 1st of Savoie

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Askarov wants out and they don't want Fabbro who will also be out after this season.

Rodrigue was just as good in AHL and unlike Askarov wouldn't mind playing there again next season. Fabbro is worth Stecher/Emberson+2nd

I rather just pay the 2nd for Askarov if that's all it takes. Fabbro probably doesn't move the needle for a team like the Oilers. We need a babysitter for Nurse.

Askarov and Rodrigue tandem if Stuart becomes too expensive

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

I don't think you even sniff Askarov without a 1st or top prospect going the other way.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If I were Bowman, I would be looking at targeting younger dmen who could eventually step into the shoes of Ekholm in a couple of years. Once Ekholm drops off in his play, we are screwed. I have a gut feeling that we trade Savoie down the line in a 1 for 1 deal involving an up and coming dman such as Drysdale. JJ has shown that older talented forwards can sign here at a discount. It will be infinitely more difficult to bring in good dmen at a discount (the good ones rarely even make it to free agency)

Reactions: ujju2

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024

Might be worth a flyer.

Totally. +12 on an Anaheim team?

And it seems like this player has always played on a crappy team. Appears to be a defensively responsible 20 point NHL dman.

Would be a good for for a player like him too here I think. We have definite space on our RD for him to have a good shot at playing and if it works out, I mean look at Desharnais and Broberg getting sizable contracts by being here.

I am quoting myself here but Lindstrom has outstanding fancies:

The more I look at a guy like Gustav Lindstrom, the more I like him. Turns out Ducks didn't qualify him so he is now a UFA, but-

-39% OZ starts, so no push offensively, but he still put up 10 points in 46 games (17 point pace)
-xGA of 28.8, was only on the ice for 17 though
-0.947 on ice save percentage to lead the Ducks D, which is just goofy

6'2, 194, only 25 years old but a good skater who knows how to play in his end. We should be offering him a one-year deal easy, maybe even two years now that our D depth is depleted with Vinny and now likely Broberg moving on. If he shows out, there's your cheap partner for Nurse to make the combined cap hit of that pairing easier to swallow. If he doesn't, no problem, you just bury him in Bakersfield where we need RD too. I don't really see a downside here.

Those are Forsling levels of results (in a very small sample size). Zero risk for what he will realistically sign for at this point in the summer.

Reactions: TheNumber4

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wouldn’t touch Askarov. If things don’t go just right for him here he’ll whine and pout. If things go well for him here he’ll demand Bobrovsky/Sheshterkin numbers. Cause Russian Goalie gonna Russian Goalie.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I'm excited to see how our new young acquired prospects do. Along with the few we've had in the system.

Especially these Youngs guys

Vasily Podkolzin
Ty Emberson
Paul Fischer
Raphael Lavoie
Roby Jarventie
Matthew Savoie
Sam O’Reilly
Beau Akey

Edit:

**During preseason I should add.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wouldn’t touch Askarov. If things don’t go just right for him here he’ll whine and pout. If things go well for him here he’ll demand Bobrovsky/Sheshterkin numbers. Cause Russian Goalie gonna Russian Goalie.
If things goes right for Askarov, the Oilers get like 3 years of excellent goaltending from him before we ship out when he starts demanding big $$ and gain Markstrom type assets back

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If things goes right for Askarov, the Oilers get like 3 years of excellent goaltending from him before we ship out when he starts demanding big $$ and gain Markstrom type assets back
So the upside is we get 3 years IF this goalie that Nashville who knows him best decided wouldn’t be in their future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad