Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Who do we lose to offer sheet next year? Jarventie? Rodrigue? We have shown we have no spine at all and let other teams come and steal from our cupboard as they wish.

If anything this proves to guys like Holloway that if you want to f around and sign an offer sheet just go get more money out of the team, be prepared to play somewhere else.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I remember seeing something about Libor Hajek wanting to try the NHL again. 26 year old LHD. He played a few years in Hartford for Knob.

He ended up signing a contract in Czechia, but the team could use a bit of LHD depth now.
Interesting. Another possible candidate. I remember the name a bit but don’t know the player.

So possible guys:

Dermott
Hajek
JVR

Reactions: ujju2

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I remember seeing something about Libor Hajek wanting to try the NHL again. 26 year old LHD. He played a few years in Hartford for Knob.

He ended up signing a contract in Czechia, but the team could use a bit of LHD depth now.
If that's who Stauffer was talking about and not Dermott, I'm interested. Hajek has size, too and is known for his ability to defend.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Flyers attempting to terminate RyJo's contract based on "material breach" is quite the story. Chicago did the same with Perry. The Sharks with Kane.

Then of course there's all the LTIR f***ery done by Chicago, Tampa, and Vegas. Oh and the Leafs.

Everywhere around the League you are seeing cutthroat moves made for the betterment of the team. And we can't even Mark Stone an actually injured Kane to help ourselves out.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Wow...thats about as obscure as it gets.
Where did you hear about this player?

Edit: Just looked him up and he has bounced around between the AHL and the NHL for a few years before going to Czechia. I cant imagine he would be much better than Josh Brown.
Brown is a RHD though.

Last edited:

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Flyers attempting to terminate RyJo's contract based on "material breach" is quite the story. Chicago did the same with Perry. The Sharks with Kane.

Then of course there's all the LTIR f***ery done by Chicago, Tampa, and Vegas. Oh and the Leafs.

Everywhere around the League you are seeing cutthroat moves made for the betterment of the team. And we can't even Mark Stone an actually injured Kane to help ourselves out.
Not the same at all. Johansen couldn't play a game after the trade, apparently due to injury.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
9M costs 1st, 2nd, 3rd
10M costs two 1sts, 2nd, 3rd
Yes, thanks.. I'm mistaken.. here's the compensation for siging an RFA

AAVCompensation
$1 - $1,511,701None
$1,5111,701 - $2,290,4571 3rd-round pick
$2,290,457 - $4,580,9171 2nd-round pick
$4,580,917 - $6,871,3741 1st-round pick, 1 3rd-round pick
$6,871,374 - $9,161,8341 1st-round pick, 1 2nd-round pick, 1 3rd-round pick
$9,161,834 - $11,452,2942 1st-round picks, 1 2nd-round pick, 1 3rd-round pick
$11,452,294 or more4 1st-round picks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not the same at all. Johansen couldn't play a game after the trade, apparently due to injury.
Which isn’t even a breach of contract. And yet they are trying to void the contract. Now tell me of the 6 or 7 other situations where Cap was freed up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jarred Tinordi was the name that came to my mind after the Stauffer description. Knoblauch was his HC in the AHL a few seasons back
Seems like he'd be a tough and cheap 3rd pairing guy if we decided to trade Kulak to open some cap.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The chose Skinner and Arvidsson to be his wingers instead of Holloway and, what Perry? But don't let me get in the way of a good theory though
I did not mention Arvidsson in my post. I said Skinner.

They need someone big, strong and fast to insert on that line, IMO. Someone who can crunch a Slashov. The option to do that against the heavier teams is now limited. I may be wrong here as well, but I don't think people are going to like Skinner much against big fast teams unless he outscores his issues or changes his game from what fans of his previous teams observed.

Right now, as the lineup stands, big, fast teams are going to push them around. More than a few 6'2"+ left the Oilers roster. They were replaced with older. mostly slower 6'0 minus guys.

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
This is the remaining UFA defencemen:

1. Justin Schultz
2. Kevin Shattenkirk
3. Calen Addison
4. Tyson Barrie
5. Tony DeAngelo
6. Jarred Tinordi
7. Gustav Lindström
8. Alex Goligoski
9. Mark Giordano
10. Marco Scandella
11. Nikita Zaitsev
12. Travis Dermott
13. John Klingberg
14. Marc Staal
15. Robert Bortuzzo

This is the RFA's:
1. Moritz Seider
2. Thomas Harley
3. Nikita Okhotyuk
4. Ilya Solovyov

Do we see any intresting?

I could have time for Lindström, Scandella, Dermott, Klingberg or Bortuzzo for a top for role. Or why not offersheet Seider or Harley?

Thoughts?

Reactions: TheNumber4

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
For better or worse Nurse mimics the partner he is deployed with. With Larrson and VD he played a shutdown game which as you said does not suit his skill set . With Barrie and Schultz it was a puck moving or at least puck skating game. I think the reason for this is to try and compliment his partner more so than anything else. Nurse saw very little PP time once Barrie arrived though so I don’t get that statement at all.

The first year Barrie was here, Nurse had his second highest PP time per game of his career. I'm not sure how that statement can be misconstrued. The second year he was roughly tied for his third most PP time (by 2 minutes). The year before Barrie was his highest PP time. And a decently high OZ start % than with Ceci.

If you go thru the years, the ones people complain on the most are ones of lower PP time and lower OZ starts. Not really a surprise, every D man in the NHL will look worse as their minutes get harder. And not suprisingly, if he is playing more offensively minded minutes, he will play with a better offensive, i.e. puck mover, as his partner.

Evidence points to his issues being a deployment issue, not a puck moving partner issue.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This is the remaining UFA defencemen:

1. Justin Schultz
2. Kevin Shattenkirk
3. Calen Addison
4. Tyson Barrie
5. Tony DeAngelo
6. Jarred Tinordi
7. Gustav Lindström
8. Alex Goligoski
9. Mark Giordano
10. Marco Scandella
11. Nikita Zaitsev
12. Travis Dermott
13. John Klingberg
14. Marc Staal
15. Robert Bortuzzo

This is the RFA's:
1. Moritz Seider
2. Thomas Harley
3. Nikita Okhotyuk
4. Ilya Solovyov

Do we see any intresting?

I could have time for Lindström, Scandella, Dermott, Klingberg or Bortuzzo for a top for role. Or why not offersheet Seider or Harley?

Thoughts?
Not sure we have all the draft picks required to be tossing out an offer sheet lol ;)

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
What would it take to get Alex Vlasic out of Chicago? A shutdown defenseman if I’ve ever seen one and is an analytics darling.

The Athletic said:
Speaking of impressive defensive results on a bad team, Alex Vlasic has overtaken Seth Jones as the Blackhawks’ best blueliner. Vlasic’s combo of a 6-foot-6 frame and excellent skating is a nightmare for attackers to navigate around. He covers so much space and closes gaps exceptionally quickly with his reach and feet. The 22-year-old left-shot has logged the most minutes against “elite” competition of all Chicago defenders. Despite difficult top pair usage, Vlasic is driving the best expected goal share on the entire team (forwards included). Chicago has a near break-even goal differential during Vlasic’s minutes but has a whopping minus-73 goal differential when he’s on the bench at five-on-five.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Reactions: capazzo and nabob

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Well Holloways interview he says Broberg approached him about it and doing it.

So I mean Broberg clearly wanted out.

I am surprised so many media are mad. Broberg asked for a trade already. He signed an offer sheet 3 times his worth. He conspired with a teammate to put the Oilers is an even worse spot with a second sheet so it would be even harder to match him.

And people are mad because Holland/Jackson/Bowman didn’t get this guy locked up?

The only way this might have been prevented was if Kulak was moved the previous season. But honestly who knows if it was ever preventable.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Fabbro+Askarov for picks/prospects received from Broberg, Holloway compensation would get the management an A+ from me

Askarov+Fabbro for
Stecher+Rodrigue+ 2nd+3rd+3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad