Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Yaremchuk thinks Lane friggin Pederson will breakout for Edmonton 🤦

I doubt it with Pederson as well but I do think it kinda sucks that we don’t even know what hes capable of. Is he capable of being a 4C?

On one hand its good that we didn’t have a ton of injuries last year. But it also feels like with this team, that guys continuously don’t heal up when they get injured. They just keep playing through it. I hope we are starting from a hole in October/November/December again.

This team doesn’t use its farm system very well. Hopefully under Jackson it improves.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thomas 'Dunce' Drance thinks that Vinny D will play on the top pairing in Vancouver, and I think he's taken more seriously than Yaremchuk, so there is that

Doesn’t sound too hyped up to be going to Vancouver but gotta love the dunk on both cities that he does haha

“Could have been worse…could have been Calgary” :laugh:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Doesn’t sound too hyped up to be going to Vancouver but gotta love the dunk on both cities that he does haha

Likeable player. Too bad we couldn’t find a way to keep him over Josh Brown. Good for him getting somewhat paid though. Similar to Kostin, I think he had to.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Exactly. He’s a useful player who is already better at the defensive side of the game than 90% of his cohort. Theres a very good chance he becomes a very meaningful player on some future team making a big push, with his combo of skill and experience. Let sleeping dogs lie and just be thankful we didn’t lose him for nothing.
The reason he was drafted where he was and passed by many teams, despite his skating and skill, was his complete reluctance to get his nose dirty and play in the tough areas. That has been the knock on him since juniors and continues today. I don’t see him changing.

On the defensive side- we saw this playoffs that he struggled at centre- especially as the games got more physical. KK saw it too and shifted him to wing to take off some of the defensive pressure. He also doesn’t provide enough offence to be a 3rd line centre and doesn’t provide enough physicality to be a 4th line centre.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Same. TV was off immediately.
Same. As soon as that clock hit zero. Didn't look at anything hockey for at least a week, probably longer. Didn't even know that Connor won the MVP until way down the road. I will never watch rat boy lift the cup.
I still haven’t watched highlights from the 2006 game 7.
Same. I was on my honeymoon in Thailand and had to listen to it on NHL radio. Had my sister record the series. Still have the VHS cassette of that entire final.

I was at a full moon party and there were a few girls with glow in the dark paint 'go Oilers go'. It was great, until game 7.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I can say something I heard. I have 100% faith in what I heard but I don’t want to get people’s hope up in case I’m wrong

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Rumored Holloway at 1.3/ 2 and Broberg at 1.1/ 2. Not bad contracts.

Personally I would have been shocked if Leon left Edmonton and I will be shocked if Connor leaves as well. Leafs and Flames fans can screw off.

I’ve never thought he was leaving. But I always thought he would get paid.

Reactions: JeffSkinner53

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I never fully opened the tweet when I first saw it. Not really surprised by the Kane news. I didn’t think he would go on LTIR. Guess he is just going to play through things. Hopefully I am wrong but I don’t think this is going to go well for Kane and the Oilers.

I’m guessing if he needed surgery he would have already gotten it done. Often don’t need it with his type or injury, time and physio does the trick. Hopefully he’s back to his old self this year and can stay healthy, with a healthy Kane I fully believe we would have won last year.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
You pull this stuff every year and every year youre wrong.
Then no need to believe me lol it’s fine. Why even respond if you don’t believe me?

I’m just posting what is pretty obvious by this point. Leon is already signed. It’s a matter of when to announce it.

Does that sound as wacky as Hall building a house?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

This right here is why people like him. He seems like a real person, and the Canucks fans will like him as well. Wish him all the best, and happy for him earning some life changing money.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Guys in his income bracket and opportunity situation (not far removed from being an AHL guy) need to take the money when they get it. I don't bemoan these players for taking the money, they owe it to themselves and their family.

I would gladly take Klim Kostin back at the trade deadline this year no questions asked. These guys don't want to leave here, but they can't be turning down like double the pay it would just be stupid on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad