Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Hockey News ranked Nurse’s contract as one of the top 5 worst contracts in the league. Huberdeau was 1st. Nurse was the 3rd listed.
You shouldn't have pushed for that contract so hard. You were the number 1 Nurse cheerleader during the 2020-21 season. In fact Darnell makes less AAV than you suggested he'd get.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
quick as I thought you'd be

hf gang gang
giphy.gif

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Ya that’s not happeneg considering He signed with the Leafs
Did he though? Toronto still hasn't officially announced the signing, he was never added on capfriendly, still isn't on PuckPedia, and he was at an event last week in Finland wearing a Dallas Stars jersey.

Last edited:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ya that’s not happeneg considering He signed with the Leafs
Even more amusing, hours after he was supposedly signed, leaf fans/media noticed that Hakanpaa's knees were trashed and his ability to play in the NHL going forward is in question.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Even more amusing, hours after he was supposedly signed, leaf fans/media noticed that Hakanpaa's knees were trashed and his ability to play in the NHL going forward is in question.

He just appeared at a function a few days ago and was still wearing his Stars jersey, so who knows what’s going on. I had heard the contract hadn’t been signed yet as he hadn’t passed his medical, but that was weeks ago, so maybe that’s changed.

Reactions: Tarus

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He just appeared at a function a few days ago and was still wearing his Stars jersey, so who knows what’s going on. I had heard the contract hadn’t been signed yet as he hadn’t passed his medical, but that was weeks ago, so maybe that’s changed.
Reading the leaf's board, sounds like some of their media guys already reported that the contract is contingent on Hakanpaa passing a physical at training camp, which makes sense. Gets a summer to rehab and see if he can still play.

Murky situation all around, we'll have to wait for everyone to start coming back from their summer vacations to get more clarity about what's going on.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
What's funny is how flames fans thought that Kylington owed them for allowing him to miss time for mental health reasons.

It's crazy to think of the razzing that will occur if stuff goes south for the Oil. I thought we'd learned a thing or two from the decade of darkness.

hf gang gang

Reactions: Oilslick941611

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What's funny is how flames fans thought that Kylington owed them for allowing him to miss time for mental health reasons.

I think that Jake Bean was the better gamble for them. Hometown kid with a good AHL resume. If they give him the same opportunity, I think he could turn into a decent defenseman.

Sucks that Kylington didn't stick around for them, but the guy's 27, just coming off a year and a half off. You're not gonna see much upside on a team that's likely rebuilding for the next six seasons.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think that Jake Bean was the better gamble for them. Hometown kid with a good AHL resume. If they give him the same opportunity, I think he could turn into a decent defenseman.

Sucks that Kylington didn't stick around for them, but the guy's 27, just coming off a year and a half off. You're not gonna see much upside on a team that's likely rebuilding for the next six seasons.

It's going to be a lot easier for him to look good in Colorado to draw a bigger extension that it would have been in Calgary. Something Flame fans don't grasp.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy