Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Stauffer "thinks" the 8 year gets done. Massive misinformation is spreading rapidly. 👇

Bob is being pretty specific if he THINKS. That tells us it will happen. He was THINKING we'd add more forward depth right before the Skinner signing and Henrique signed.

He THOUGHT that Bowman would be a good target right before we signed him

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Bob is being pretty specific if he THINKS. That tells us it will happen. He was THINKING we'd add more forward depth right before the Skinner signing and Henrique signed.

He THOUGHT that Bowman would be a good target right before we signed him

I'm just stating it didn't happen like lots of people are stating that it did.

I also "think" it gets done as well but until it's properly announced, the details are based on everyone's assumptions on what Bob "thinks". Every now and again Bob is wrong. I'll celebrate once it's official.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yup, I honestly have no worry about either of these two extensions. Both love it here, they are best friends and want to keep playing together, it's about the only competitive place they can both play together, Katz and the entire organization treats them beyond first class, they will both be back, at worst at fair market deals, possibly with small home town discounts.
It's a matter of when not if. Like you, I was never worried about McDavid or Draisaitl leaving other than when they started 5-13 or whatever it was and it appeared that the sky was indeed really falling.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I hope it's under 13.5, he has to realize that in order to get him any decent wingers to play with the 3 of them (connor, himself and bouch) need to be taking team-friendly deals.
Everyone on the team does. I think it's heading that way. They know what they have there and if winning is top priority, I would expect everyone on the team will take a discount.

Reactions: Inf123

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pronger. Also Heatley and Nylander.

Edmonton isn't exactly a choice city as compared to California, Texas, or Florida. McD or Drai may want to stay, but it also depends on what the other half wants as well.

When was the last time a non-choice City won the cup or came close, other than us last month? Maybe St. Louis?
It's not nearly the same landscape it was back then. Edmonton is owned by a owner who is willing to do what it takes to win, they have a world class arena and hockey district, they're one of the thriving NHL franchises now because of that (and McDavid of course) and they're a Cup contender. There's absolutely no worry that McDavid or Draisaitl are leaving unless Lauren or Celeste want their family to hightail it out of town which doesn't appear to be the case.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'm just stating it didn't happen like lots of people are stating that it did.

I also "think" it gets done as well but until it's properly announced, the details are based on everyone's assumptions on what Bob "thinks". Every now and again Bob is wrong. I'll celebrate once it's official.
Yeah true. I agree with you

Reactions: Vagabond

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Maybe the guy on Twitter should have listened to the entire show?

It wasn't really taken out of context. Bobs not going to come out and say it's a done deal. He spoke more about in his opening segment.

Even the poster deleted his X Post after realizing it was misleading. I listened to the entirety of Bob's show and he was careful how he said things.

Most of us know Drai will likely re-sign a new 8yr deal but ppl need to quit playing on everything Bob says.

Screenshot_20240730_121049_Chrome.jpg

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
It's a matter of when not if. Like you, I was never worried about McDavid or Draisaitl leaving other than when they started 5-13 or whatever it was and it appeared that the sky was indeed really falling.
Agree. If Drai is still here after all that’s happened to get this far, he’s committed to the long haul. This man is not a fair-weather player.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Even the poster deleted his X Post after realizing it was misleading. I listened to the entirety of Bob's show and he was careful how he said things.

Most of us know Drai will likely re-sign a new 8yr deal but ppl need to quit playing on everything Bob says.

View attachment 898067

I agree it was probably misleading as Stauffer didn't say anything was imminent. The tweet didn't say anything was imminent either. He just said that he talked to the agent and expects a 7 or 8 year deal.

To me it sounded more like, if they make a deal it won't be a 4-5 year deal. Rather it would be a long term 7-8 year deal if/when it eventually happens. Having said that, Bob has also been saying that he expects a deal to happen soon.

Reactions: Vagabond

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

View attachment 898067
True. But bob is very connected he spends every day during the season with the team and management.if bob says something you know it’s based on a kernel of truth

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I agree it was probably misleading as Stauffer didn't say anything was imminent. The tweet didn't say anything was imminent either. He just said that he talked to the agent and expects a 7 or 8 year deal.

To me it sounded more like, if they make a deal it won't be a 4-5 year deal. Rather it would be a long term 7-8 year deal if/when it eventually happens. Having said that, Bob has also been saying that he expects a deal to happen soon.
That was actually a response to this tweet, which is extremely misleading and not at all what Stauffer said

IMG_6257.jpeg

I assume the one you’re talking about is the quote from Bob at the beginning of his segment

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
That was actually a response to this tweet, which is extremely misleading and not at all what Stauffer said

View attachment 898088

I assume the one you’re talking about is the quote from Bob at the beginning of his segment

Exactly. Thank you. That's extremely misleading as mentioned earlier. I just blocked that poster because he does shit like that all the time. Then he deletes his posts after he gets blowback.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That's too high, IMO. He should probably land somewhere between MacKinnon's 12.6 million and Pastrnak's 11.5 at around 12.
He said Draisaitl not Mathews. Draisaitl had great point totals and was playing with a broken rib in the playoffs.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Draisaitl can ask for whatever he wants, Oilers have 0 leverage and everyone knows it. Draisaitl could demand 15 and Mcdavid will force them to do it.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Kane and Toews deals were up at the same time. That makes their situation completely different. For Draisaitl to wait and see what McDavid will do he would have to wait until at the very earliest July 1 of next year which would push him to free agency.

I also find it extremely unlikely that both don’t know the exact contract each other are planning to sign. And if Leon asked Connor, I can’t see Connor spending a year lying to the guy he just had be his best man at his wedding, and destroying that relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad