Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe the Oilers can trade for JP. He shouldnt cost more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

22943A68-B3F5-4A1D-921E-5E68334D75DD.gif

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I hope Stan can Improve our D and bring back Kostin.
Where exactly will Kostin fit though? He's a 4th line left winger. He isn't exactly a lot better than what we have down there, and he's paid too much for the role he's going to be in - that's why Detroit dumped him too.

Faber just signed an $8.5M x 8 year deal. I am sure Bouchard knows about this.
Let's just hope Bouchard likes the number 8.5 coming out of this then, ha ha.

Reactions: nally

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If this is true, that's amazing. I've been prepared to have Leon want Matthews money - I wouldn't blame him after he outperformed his last contract so well. If he takes less on an 8 year deal, and both Connor and Bouchard do the same? We're laughing, and only our new GM can screw up our chances. I really hope they are correct here.
That would be amazing if they did. Bonus would be Toronto and Calgary losing their minds

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
And then Bowman is going to get the credit, right?
I thought Stauff and local media guys said a the big guns are going to be taken care of by Jackson directly. Maybe I misheard

Impossible, mcdavid will sign the most lucrative deal in nhl history next off season.

I hope he isn't more then 500k-1mill more then drai
I remember back when Sid re-signed- the pundits and all said the same thing. He signed for the same amount as his previous contract.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I never paid the 2 Mutts Pod any mind as a source but they were the first to be definitive on the Bowman hiring before any of the insiders and are also followed by Stauffer and Dreger apparently, so Im choosing to believe their very specific tweet which would be amazing news haha.
Stauffer has had them on his show and has quoted them multiple times. Stauff wouldn’t do that is he didn’t think they were legit

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Faber and Durzi would look pretty good on the Kings blue line right about now. Oh well. ;)

It's funny that if they simply did nothing from about 2021 onwards the Kings would be a unit of a team. Instead they're mediocre at best and methodically getting worse.

Reactions: bellagiobob

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Based on the detials in the post I am skeptical. But if it was to be a a 4 year deal it could easily be over $14M maybe closer to $15M.

I posted an article recently where the League is targeting $10B in revenue by the end of the decade which would be two years past the midpoint. It is ambitious but not 100% unrealistic. In any case, $8B at the midpoint would not be unrealistic. At that number by the current formula the cap would be around $125M. This may sound out of whack but with $6.2B in revenue this year the cap right now under the pre-covid formula would be over $100M.

We are on the verge of a potentially massive increase in the cap an players and their agents know this. If that happens we typically see a big reset in salaries. It would not surprise me to see Matthews next deal at something like $16M if the cap returns to anything like its previous rules.

The back half of his deal will be 5 years from now. By that time they are looking at turning over a significant part of the roster. You worry about that when it happens but for right now the best option to keep the window open as long as possible is to have both McDavid and Draisaitl locked up as long as possible. If you want to attract players as UFA knowing that these two are around for the duration is a big plus.

I really don't think that this is an accurate post. The number sounds fine but I'd be shocked if the signing bonus is only for two years. I expect that deal to be structured as a bonus heavy deal.
Yep. Has tax benefits too. McDavid and Matthews deals are both structured the same way

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Faber just signed an $8.5M x 8 year deal. I am sure Bouchard knows about this.
That's the non-contender contract. As long time Oiler fans we know all about those... the eye-popping jaw-dropping mental gymnastics needed to convince oneself that low percentage signings, brutal draft selections and dreadful trades really aren't that bad. When you can convince yourself that the bad moves are really good moves in disguise, you've crossed over to the fanboy dimension.

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Wouldn’t shock me if Stauffer gave them that info himself, seems to be friends with those guys.
So Stauff feeds them info and then says “hey these guys know what they’re talking about!”

Double agent Bob. Who knew.

We haven’t had music for a while, it’s an oldie but goody…

Reactions: Louis Cypher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad