Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn't swap defense but I would move some overpaid players on the Oilers to make it work
I’m not saying I would swap defense I’m saying if you played skinner behind the Bruins D and Swayman behind ours is the gap really that big?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Minnesota looking to compete anytime soon? Doesn't seem like they have any direction. Even if Spurgeon, he would be a piece for a trade.
25-26, once the 15M yearly cap penalty is gone. They have a very nice young group of players in Faber, Boldy, and Rossi (to a lesser extent), and Yurov, Buium should be in the line up joining Ohgren, Wallstedt, and one or two others. Add those players to Kaprizov, JEE, Brodin, Spurgeon + a FA or two and you have the makings of an above average team. If just one or two of Heidt, Ritchie, Bankier, Kumpulainen, Spacek, Peart then better than that.

Guerin would never admit it because he has to fill the seats now, but the plan was always to wait out the Cap penalties and prepare for afterwards.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The Feds make the rules the provinces have to live by which do a pretty good job handicapping the provinces, but let’s not get into a political discussion here.
Healthcare falls under provincial jurisdiction per the constitution. Provinces make the rules. Nothing political about that; it's just the way it is.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Healthcare falls under provincial jurisdiction per the constitution. Provinces make the rules. Nothing political about that; it's just the way it is.

How to deliver the federally mandated service is up to provinces. No province can actually afford to deliver the federally mandated fully publicly available system themselves anymore though. It's all a nice little game that helps ottawa try to claim our federal debt to GDP is not that bad vs other countries, when the provinces have to keep racking up debts to deliver various federally mandated services.

Back to hockey though :)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 11.44.12 AM.png

Kane's contract would expire before he got publicly funded surgery in any province within Canada's medical system was the point I was making. But Lets not get into a political discussion here.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
They can still accrue cap space if they don't have to put Kane on LTIR. Kane goes on the IR, Lavoie makes the team and they sign Dermott for $800K and waive Brown. In that scenario they start the year with about $350K in cap space.
If Kane is gone for say 41 games, does that mean we'd accrue apprroximately:

350K * 3 = 1.05M from that cap space

+

5.25M / 2 = 2.625M?

Or maybe i'm misreading it

Reactions: oobga

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
How to deliver the federally mandated service is up to provinces. No province can actually afford to deliver the federally mandated fully publicly available system themselves anymore though. It's all a nice little game that helps ottawa try to claim our federal debt to GDP is not that bad vs other countries, when the provinces have to keep racking up debts to deliver various federally mandated services.

Back to hockey though :)

The federal government sets a standard for healthcare insurance in order for provinces to receive federal cash contributions. If it really wanted to, a province could go it alone or privatize healthcare services and there's not much the federal government can do. Privatizing services is not politically popular though. There would also be some new charter challenges, but Quebec has already shown that such challenges might be an uphill battle.

Anyways, how bout them Oilers!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The federal government sets a standard for healthcare insurance in order for provinces to receive federal cash contributions. If it really wanted to, a province could go it alone or privatize healthcare services and there's not much the federal government can do. Privatizing services is not politically popular though. There would also be some new charter challenges, but Quebec has already shown that such challenges might be an uphill battle.

Anyways, how bout them Oilers!

The Fed's taking the vast majority of taxes, and having access to borrow from the infinite money printer, and then setting the rules of how provinces get some of it back certainly makes breaking free difficult. But that is supposed to be the case.

But for sure , go Oilers indeed :).

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Kane is gone for say 41 games, does that mean we'd accrue apprroximately:

350K * 3 = 1.05M from that cap space

+

5.25M / 2 = 2.625M?

Or maybe i'm misreading it
No. Kane still counts against the cap. You can exceed the cap by Kanes cap hit while he is on LTIR but you have to be cap compliant the day he returns.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We are using Wikipedia Here now? For something that isn't even hockey?

Let's get these pre-season games rolling.

Not Wikipedia. It’s a summary from the Federal Govt.

Anyway I never intended my comment about Kanes contract expiring before he’d get surgery publicly to take on a life of its own. But it is true however much people don’t like hearing about it.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

The problem is, unless you think he’s taken a massive jump this summer and can be a top 4 dman, he doesn’t help us. If he was a lefty you could give him a shot maybe, but we’ve already got multiple RD on the team who were his teammates last season, and played above him.

So what if you accure capspace up until the deadline and then you LTIR someone?

That would be ideal. If Kane were to play up to the deadline, and then get shut down until playoffs, you’d have like 9 million in cap to play with

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I just bought a wia
The Fed's taking the vast majority of taxes, and having access to borrow from the infinite money printer, and then setting the rules of how provinces get some of it back certainly makes breaking free difficult. But that is supposed to be the case.

But for sure , go Oilers indeed :).
I just bought a williamite 1/2 crown from 1689 made out of gun metal so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad