Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Just looked at 2025 free agency for 4C and RD. There ain't much out there. Would Dvorak from habs be a good 4 c? And Savard is probably the best RD as well which is scary! Habs fans would want so much for those two players lol.
Ceci back at 50 percent to be bottom pair may be 2nd best option.. gross.
I don’t think we can acquire ceci back with retention.

Reactions: Faelko

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Just looked at 2025 free agency for 4C and RD. There ain't much out there. Would Dvorak from habs be a good 4 c? And Savard is probably the best RD as well which is scary! Habs fans would want so much for those two players lol.
We don’t know who’s going to be available and there’s a good chance the Oilers could deal for someone with term like they did with Ekholm, who wasn’t available earlier in the year when Nashville was trying to make the playoffs.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
We don’t know who’s going to be available and there’s a good chance the Oilers could deal for someone with term like they did with Ekholm, who wasn’t available earlier in the year when Nashville was trying to make the playoffs.
Hope so after looking haha

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

It’s debatable if Savard is even better than Ceci. If you could snag him for a 3rd maybe, but I feel like the return might be ridiculous because of the lack of options, kind of like when they robbed Florida of a 1st for freaking Chiarot. I’d rather target a guy like Connor Murphy who has 2 years left, and Chicago already retained 2 million on McCabe for multiple years, so it’s not a crazy ask of them to retain on Murphy.

I don’t think we can acquire ceci back with retention.

The rule is you can’t trade for a player you’ve retained on for a year. We didn’t retain, and it’s not like we’re making a deadline move to trade him out and immediately back, which is clearly circumvention. You see it with buyouts too. If you buy a player out and things change, and you end up signing them down the line, it’s fine (Calgary did this with Michael Stone).

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If there really is nothing remotely interesting on the market, I'd prefer we spend that capital on a longer term younger player that replaces the upside lost in Broberg. Keep an eye on what happens with Jiricek this year.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If there really is nothing remotely interesting on the market, I'd prefer we spend that capital on a longer term younger player that replaces the upside lost in Broberg. Keep an eye on what happens with Jiricek this year.
Jiricek would be awesome but with Columbus likely to be near the bottom of the standings and with clearing up the logjam at RD a bit, I think they’ll have a full time spot for Jiricek, likely in their top 4. But maybe he’s one of these young guys who would force his way out still either by trade demand or offer sheet.

Nemec is another guy I wonder about, but he’d be expensive and wishful thinking on Jersey moving him but they do have Hamilton and recently signed Pesce in the top 4 RD for foreseeable future so not sure what their plan is with the kid. He could possibly be another young player asking for a trade.

Reactions: belair

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Jiricek would sure be interesting. Especially with him having another year on his ELC. He’s also in the same boat as Broberg with publicly being displeased with the situation, and we know first hand that even a spot in the top 4 of the Cup favourites didn’t change that for Broberg. I wonder if you throw out an offer of the 2nd and 3rd we got from St Louis if they might be tempted to move on

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Jiricek would sure be interesting. Especially with him having another year on his ELC. He’s also in the same boat as Broberg with publicly being displeased with the situation, and we know first hand that even a spot in the top 4 of the Cup favourites didn’t change that for Broberg. I wonder if you throw out an offer of the 2nd and 3rd we got from St Louis if they might be tempted to move on
Jiricek would be a dream addition. Google him and find just about every fanbase scheming a buy-low or stalled prospect deal for him. Columbus was a chaos franchise last year and have blown out its GM and rookie coach.

Waddell knows the value of building a strong defense corp within a template to create a winning organization. There is a fresh start here on a team with a ton of great young players. Fully expect there will be a smarter usage and commitment shown in a big, high pedigree skilled and young, young, young right shot d-man. C-Bus at rebuild stage of its organization can afford a longer leash to play through the development ebs and flow of green defensemen.

Reactions: joestevens29

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why does a guy signing a PTO bother you this much?

You expecting us to go sign a top 4 D to a PTO?

Good thing one of them has a contract, the other has a PTO.

Do you know what a PTO is?
No shit I know what a PTO is but, even for a PTO, we could've given it to an actual right handed Dman. Schultz and Shattenkirk aren't even close top 4 but they can provide puck movement to the bottom pair.

Our bottom pair has no puck movement other than Emberson to a certain degree. Dermott won't help much if, for some reason, we give him a contract.

Tobias please don't act like I'm an idiot. I have no idea what your problem is. Just ignore me if you have a problem.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No shit I know what a PTO is but, even for a PTO, we could've given it to an actual right handed Dman. Schultz and Shattenkirk aren't even close top 4 but they can provide puck movement to the bottom pair.

Our bottom pair has no puck movement other than Emberson to a certain degree. Dermott won't help much if, for some reason, we give him a contract.

Tobias please don't act like I'm an idiot. I have no idea what your problem is. Just ignore me if you have a problem.
It's not a shock that better players are still holding out for contracts rather than sign a PTO.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Those RD are still available

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Your hatred of a vanilla player makes me want to cheer for him.

Nothing wrong with bringing him in and if he does well put him in the AHL as your #8 or #9.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I would like to see a PTO extended to either Schultz or Shattenkirk, and also Yamamoto.

Also hope we sign Dermott after his PTO so watch the outrage.

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad