Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't disagree, but the price is the price (for Duchene anyways, I'm sure the Oilers are asking for something similar)

I don't think Nashville is looking at that seriously adding on another top6 C.
Their strenght is their top4, it's the best in the league. But if they trade one of them it drops a lot and what's their strenght then?

They signed Bonino to add some depth to their C, I'm sure once Fabbro/Girard are ready they'll look at this again.

NegativeNelly

Jun 23, 2016
Edmonton
I'm sure Calgary will be trying to sign Jokinen now that EDM is after him. Would be funny if they screwed up and signed Olli by mistake.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I've been thinking about this and I like Jokinen addition even more.

Jagr would be a great mentor for Drai, but Jokinen would be a great mentor for Pulju. Which one could benefit from mentoring more at this point? I'd say Pulju.
If Jokinen helps Pulju to reach his elite/franchise level potential it would be huge for the team.
Jokinen is very versatile and vet your coach will trust, he will throw him to play the final minutes or kill important penalties. He had a down year but he was playing through lower body injury.

Like someone posted Jagr has done nothing but basically hurt the team in the recent playoffs he has played, his minutes need sheltering if you want an effective Jagr.
He takes lots of Pouliot type of penalties that frustrate you, and his hands/shot has been declining.

Now he has his moments where he's great at still protecting the puck and could be a great mentor for Drai, but which one brings more to the table? I'll again say Jokinen and I bet he's cheaper.
But I do understand the name Jagr has, he's Jagr.

Jokinen- RNH- Pulju is not a bad looking 3rd line.

Jagr made 5.5M last year and Tallon said he can't afford him a week ago.
I think bringing in a finnish player is a smart move for Pul. I kinda thought they'd keep Korpikoski for that very reason.

The thing is though I don't usually think you have to have a Countryman be your mentor, but considering Pul's english it probably would be a good idea.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
It's official Jokinen to Oilers 1 year deal

Edmonton Oilers‏Verified account @EdmontonOilers

The #Oilers have signed Jussi Jokinen to a one-year contract.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I just got to this now. Damn, the turtle strikes again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, every post he makes should be made into it's own thread. The dude is money.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd still take a crack at another Vet. I'd almost go for Doan as he and Strudy provide good radio

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I trust him more than any media member. Media guys post speculation/rumours. It's their job.

ST posts only things that are a guarantee.

In all fairness people need to have better comprehension though. It's not the media's fault when they clearly state something like "i think so and so could be convinced to trade so and so".

All of a sudden that turns into a deal is happening within the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad