Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Evander Kane, Come on Down?

Would You Take a Chance on Signing Evander Kane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Please don’t say you’re one of the Bear carried Nurse people. Barrie is the exception to Norris voting because he is so bad at defending, he’s more of a 4th forward then anything else. Since 1985 the Norris trophy winners list is full of players that were bad or average at defending but always finished with good point totals. Nurse could legitimately win a Norris trophy in the future if he was the main Dman for our PP.

Dude, now you’re just pulling shot out of your ass. Most Norris winners since 1985 were poor or average defenders? Got some stats to back that up?

The Bear and Nurse thing- you said Nurse carried Bear- that is false. Nurse played better when he played with Bear is statistically and demonstratively true. No matter what you believe. Does that mean Bear carried Nurse? No. It means Beae covered a lot of Nurse’s mistakes allowing Nurse to play his game.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Dude, now you’re just pulling shot out of your ass. Most Norris winners since 1985 were poor or average defenders? Got some stats to back that up?

The Bear and Nurse thing- you said Nurse carried Bear- that is false. Nurse played better when he played with Bear is statistically and demonstratively true. No matter what you believe. Does that mean Bear carried Nurse? No. It means Beae covered a lot of Nurse’s mistakes allowing Nurse to play his game.
Or maybe they were a good complement

Or maybe the coaches deployed them differently when together.

Theres no shortage of conclusions to draw

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I mean the best Nurse has ever played was with ... Barrie as his partner ironically I guess. Don't know what that means if anything at all.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Kane will be suspended for his second covid offense and will get 20-40 games.

He will not help the Oilers.

Let's move on from this dumpster fire of a player. We don't need him. This is so desperate.

How about we try and fix the actual problems then bring on more problems.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Koskinen gets burned out easily and it takes him months to fully recover. I think if he had fifteen to 20 well spaced out starts during an NHL season, never playing consecutive games, he would be an above average back-up. I've been saying that for a long time. What do I know, Tippett knows best.

You are giving too much credit to Tippett .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Bear covered Nurse's mistake by making his 10 a game ?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Something needs to happen today. A response from management of any sort. Firing of an assistant, Tippet, a trade, hell even someone on waivers. A message needs to be sent to the room that jobs aren’t safe right now.

*yes I know that won’t happen

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Realisticly I think we need a better goalie, an established NHL starter. Arizona could be a target. It shouldn't be too hard to get a goalie and they don't usually cost too much.
Then we need 1-2 stay at home Dmen who actually help the goalie.
Bottom six is pure shit in my opinion and it could also be fixed without paying too much.
We also need a new coach. Seriously.
Good teams usually have 1-2 2-way centers in top 6 and I think Drai could fetch one + much more and it would make the team better.

I wouldn't be surprised if a coach change would fix everything though so I really hope they start with that.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Realisticly I think we need a better goalie, an established NHL starter. Arizona could be a target. It shouldn't be too hard to get a goalie and they don't usually cost too much.
Ummm, getting an actual NHL starter isn’t easily done in season and it certainly won’t be cheap. That boat anchor Koskinen contract doesn’t help (along with others). There’s been multiple debates in this thread regarding goaltenders but how many are A. Playing, B. Available or C. Without a NMC/NTC and would waive for this gong show.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They could at least start waiving the junk and put guys like Niemo and Marody into the lineup. Seasons done.
That would of course require the GM (and by extension the organization) to admit this season is a failure and basically everything they did in the offseason was also a failure.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Excuse mongering that other players do not get.

Very much like Neal, got off to a huge start every one loved him and then he went totally into the tank, just like hyman has.

As a fan base we berate tippet constantly, drai, mcdavid, the goalies and some guys who are providing nothing and do not even get a bad word.

10 games, no goals -9, horrible. Oh...but he has an owwie.
Every player has hot and cold streaks.

No wonder most players dont want to play in edmonton.

Fans like you saying shit like "oh but he has an owwie"

Grow up and be a better fan ffs.

We have the worst fans in the league.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad