Rumor: Rumor Thread IV: RUMORS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
The other two Kings roster players who are theoretically available in a trade are Kyle Clifford and Alec Martinez. As we first reported last month (and thank you to Bob McKenzie for properly crediting MM with having that deal days before the rest of the national media), Clifford was the central figure in a deal the Kings had going with the Oilers for Sam Gagner. From what we’ve learned, the trade essentially fell apart as Edmonton tried to change the deal points at the last minute – looking for a prospect as compensation for retaining part of Gagner’s salary instead of a draft pick.

- Mayors Manor

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
RT Mike Corcoran: Syracuse: MT @H_P_Hockey: Scouts from St. Louis, Montreal, Columbus, Van. and Edm. in the house for tonight's #WBSPens game in Syracuse.

So Oilers scouts are in the house for Penguins AHL team vs Lightning AHL team.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun:

A player keeping a close eye on deadline will be D Chris Phillips. He is set to become a UFA on July 1 and is holding talks on an extension.

Phillips doesn't have an agent and is doing the negotiations himself. "(There is) no update," said Phillips. In the past, he has been able to control his own destiny with a 'no move' clause. That expired July 1.

The Bruins, Blues, Oilers and Sharks are believed to have shown interest.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/28...eel-sorry-for-players-ahead-of-trade-deadline

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Rumors abound of a potential shakeup in the executive suite of Buffalo Sabres. I've asked the principals for comment. No response thus far.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
The BUF rumors I tweeted about earlier focus primarily but not exclusively on Pat LaFontaine. Still no comment from anyone in BUF.

@ChrisBottaNHL
Told the Sabres are "still trying to work out some internal issues." But doesn't sound promising.

Last edited:

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
@TheFourthPeriod
Islanders definitely set on trading MacDonald. Team hasn't reached out about contract for a while now. Asking price still high.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Minnesota Wild kicking tires on a few goalie options.... Halak among them….

Prices will need to drop for Kings to make their move. Plus cap an issue...

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun:

A player keeping a close eye on deadline will be D Chris Phillips. He is set to become a UFA on July 1 and is holding talks on an extension.

Phillips doesn't have an agent and is doing the negotiations himself. "(There is) no update," said Phillips. In the past, he has been able to control his own destiny with a 'no move' clause. That expired July 1.

The Bruins, Blues, Oilers and Sharks are believed to have shown interest.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/28...eel-sorry-for-players-ahead-of-trade-deadline
His NMC expired January 1st 2014. Never trust Garrioch

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
@mayorNHL
Because you you guys love this stuff... 17 scouts expected at #LAKings v #Canes - including Sam McMaster #CBJ and Duane Sutter for #Oilers

@LAKings
Nolan, Greene, and Frattin are scratched. Pearson, Vey, and Martinez are in.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Rumors abound of a potential shakeup in the executive suite of Buffalo Sabres. I've asked the principals for comment. No response thus far.

@ChrisBottaNHL
Told the Sabres are "still trying to work out some internal issues." But doesn't sound promising.
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Something is up with Pat LaFontaine and the Buffalo Sabres.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
The BUF rumors I tweeted about earlier focus primarily but not exclusively on Pat LaFontaine. Still no comment from anyone in BUF.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Something is up with Pat LaFontaine and the Buffalo Sabres.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

@BuffNewsVogl
Woke to early morning text from friend asking if LaFontaine had been fired. Thought he was just drunk, ignored it. Now? Folo @BNHarrington

@TheFourthPeriod
If 1 of the issues revolves around disagreement on Nolan's future, I can tell you Murray is very high on Luke Richardson, Binghamton's coach...

...That said, I was under the impression the goal was to keep Nolan beyond this season... We shall find out soon enough.

Last edited:

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
Paul Stastny, Avs could part ways if new deal not done by Wednesday

"If the Avs can't reach agreement on a new deal by Wednesday — or lack the confidence they can sign him at some point before July 1 — it is possible Stastny could be traded. The worst of all worlds for the Avs would be to lose a top player such as Stastny for nothing on the unrestricted free-agent market this summer."

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_25255599/paul-stastny-avs-could-part-ways-if-new

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Scouts accredited for #Habs vs #Leafs: Blue Jackets, Islanders, Oilers, Wild - Dave Stubbs

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Healy on mini-Hotstove: says that scores on Bolshoy rink = Oilers considering placing scores on roof of rink via Kevin Lowe inspiration. - George Malik

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Scouts in OKC tonight from the Canucks, Isles and Habs. #OKCBarons #Oilers #AHL - Aaron Riley

For those keeping score, Oiler scout watching Habs/Leafs, Hab scout watching OKC

Habs scouts were at the previous game, and have been at OKC games several times in the last two weeks. Chicago scouts were also at last night's game.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
While a trade involving Luongo is not imminent, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, speaking on the basis of anonymity, the Canucks recently started to contact teams about the veteran net minder...

...The Canucks have received serious interest from several teams on Kesler, but if they do not receive a package of a young roster player, a top prospect and a high draft pick for Kesler by the deadline, they'll look to deal him in the off-season.

Edler could also be on the move, though, like Kesler, he has a no-trade clause and will have a say on where he ends up.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/van140301.html

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Another reminder, this is not the place to discuss rumors right now, simply to post them until the deadline. If the same names keep ignoring that they will be thread banned at the very least.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Price to get Kesler is high. 1. Significant/established NHLer, preferably a C, 20 to 25; 2. Top prospect, preferably a F. 3. 1st rd pick.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
PIT, for example, rumored to be interested in Kesler. Would PIT give up Brandon Sutter, Derrick Pouliot and a 1st rder? Would VAN take it?

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Oilers GM Craig MacTavish wants to be active. He has been trying to move forward Ales Hemsky since last summer and might be able to find a taker by Wednesday. Here’s an interesting tidbit: I’m told Edmonton has made a pitch for Montreal defenceman Andrei Markov. The club would like a big veteran to stabilize its defence and Markov hasn’t been able to come to an agreement with the Habs on a new deal. The Oilers might be willing to ante up the three-year contract Markov wants. This may not happen at the deadline but Edmonton could make a pitch on July 1. If Markov is to be moved at this stage the Habs want a prospect and a pick ...-Bruce Garrioch

Remember, the Habs have scouted OKC 4 times in the last two weeks...

Craig MacTavish has been trying to make moves all year and he’s made a couple of deals. He’d like to move forward Ales Hemsky and will retain salary. A lot of teams will try to make a bigger deal for winger Jordan Eberle. - Bruce Garrioch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad