Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
4852-271Fr.jpg

cut.jpeg

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Damn straight. I loved Hemmer in his prime here.

I got one from my cousin for Christmas one year. Still have never put it on. Never been a jersey wearing guy but have always loved Hemsky. He is a poor mans Taylor Hall. He needs to drive a line to succeed but the problem is he's just not good enough.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Lucic isn't signing nothing for 5.5 or less

This is his life.

Edit: I actually want to say 6 or less

6 or more guaranteed.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
As per Incarcerated Bob, Nielsen signing with Detroit. If we shipped out RNH he would have been a good fit for us.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Lucic and Demers are Oilers by 2 PM tomorrow.

Then, it's anybody's guess what happens next.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Chiarell is honestly not any better than Mac T. Mac T could've made these same moves.

Nonsense.

MacT's first year:

(i) he hired Eakins as coach on a whim, and sewered the franchise for two years,
(ii) started with Hunt, Ference, and Nikitin on D. All were garbage. In fact, he gave up a pick to sign Nikitin early, although Nikitin had zero value around the league. He gave him an absurd $4.5 million contract, which was an overpay of about $4.5 million,
(iii) we started the year with a first line of Smyth - Hall - Hemsky. Smyth was terrible by this stage, and Hall got completely exposed at center.

MacT was a complete disaster, and demonstrated incompetence on a daily basis, and in every interview given. This was a low point for the franchise, to the point where fans were basically failing to show up at all, and were throwing jerseys on the ice in response to a putrid product.

The revisionist history needs to end.

Larsson and Sekera are both much better additions to our blueline than anything MacT added. In fact, the stink of MacT is still on this team, and Chiarelli is still dealing with the massive holes he left on the roster, and on our depth chart.

If it were easy to add good D, why didn't MacT add a single one in 2 years?

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Why would we sign Demers? We still need a PPQB and he is not that

To expose to the expansion draft and allow us to not have to field a Davidson-Nurse pairing or play Fayne in hard minutes which he hasn't been solid playing in the west.

We would have a very respectable D core and could give Nurse more AHL time to develop.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We're going to be in cap hell pretty soon aren't we. Better make the playoffs next year and we better enjoy it even if it's a first round exit because we'll have paid out the ass for it.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
McKenzie says he is looking for years not dollars, and he knows to sign where he wants there are either cap issues now or cap issues coming up.

He said it didn't work out in LA because they weren't willing to do more than 5 years.

I do hope that is how it turns out.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see $6M per... it's free agency after all

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Chiarell is honestly not any better than Mac T. Mac T could've made these same moves.

Lowe, as sad as it sounds, is our last competent GM, Chia rode the coat tails of a good situation in Boston that was largely laid out for him and gutted it entirely by gifting away Seguin, Bruins would still be Cup contenders with Seguin.

I'm as upset as anyone with these last couple of days but he's not as bad as MacT. MacT did more harm to this team in two years than I thought was possible. Notice how Chia has literally shipped out every player MacT traded for/signed in just over a year? The only exceptions have been Pouliot (who many of us want gone), and Fayne (who Chia put on waivers but nobody took). And MacT brought in a lot of players too.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To expose to the expansion draft and allow us to not have to field a Davidson-Nurse pairing or play Fayne in hard minutes which he hasn't been solid playing in the west.

We would have a very respectable D core and could give Nurse more AHL time to develop.

Good bet most UFAs this year are going to insist on a NMC clause so they can't just be dumped onto Vegas after 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad