Rumor Mill

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
WE should not RUSH this rebuild, Guentzel makes sense, to help Bedard's development, but why would we sign someone like Chandler Stephenson for example to a 5-6 year deal? Just cop some cheap 1-2 year stop gap like we did with Max Domi. We aren't trying to make the playoffs yet, we need to accumulate young talent and let them develop.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I would prefer a 2 or 3 year C signing too, but I could live with Stephenson for 5 or 6 years at the right rate (which with free agency signings is rarely the case). 6 @ 6 for Stephenson to be the #2C for 2-3 years and then slide to #3C (or W) if and when a prospect earns the #2C slot would not be the end of the world in an enviornment where the cap is rising and the player pushing Stephenson down the lineup is on an ELC.

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
I would prefer a 2 or 3 year C signing too, but I could live with Stephenson for 5 or 6 years at the right rate (which with free agency signings is rarely the case). 6 @ 6 for Stephenson to be the #2C for 2-3 years and then slide to #3C (or W) if and when a prospect earns the #2C slot would not be the end of the world in an enviornment where the cap is rising and the player pushing Stephenson down the lineup is on an ELC.

Helo no to getting Stephenson he is overrated!

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I would rather have Necas playing 2C for the next 7 years than signing Stephenson. Necas is probably going to cost too much to get though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone subscribe to a pay walk for Ejlund's Runour Chart?

When gave a freebie to us on Hawks being interested into (with him having Hawksxhighestviddsxatc30%of getting him vs.other interested teams...

From other sources we have heard Hawks interested in Patrick Laine if Columbus let's him go UFA.

He also let out that Hawk of of the teams interested inChandker Stephenson ifvhe makes it to UFA..

There was speculation from some sources Patrick Kane re-union..but I think KD not interested.

For Hawks interest in d-men...they along
with lots of teams may target Mihhail Sergachev if TB let's him go ..But given taxes and the fact his expiring contract was $4.4, possibly an overpay to $6million for not the production value for a 2nd pairing dman..Also he is a LD ...Hawks probably not wantto make that investment...even though he is just25 years old.. Hawks already strong in pipeline for LD candidates after Vlasic ...I think Hawks get a vet stop-gap for a short-term and hope either one of the pipeline LD takes over 2nd pairing role after that by experiencing LD as 3rd pairing $4.5 m guy over the stop-gap (2-3 year period).. Sergachev would want longer term Deal at too high a cost.

Hawks could at #18, draft Stian Solberg as the long term 2nd pairing LD in tge core fututure.
If they did that ,I think he is just1 season away from the NHL ...so advanced is his defensive capability already ..Just needs to work on his offense improving (the tools are there...good shot and skating andagikity ...but he needs to work on being bolder on attack and more inclined to attack rather than just transport puck in then hang back cautiously at blue line)..Ifchevadds to his offebsive threat thisxseadon a lot of teams willbecsoryy they did not take him..because already he looks like a top defender pro stynying opposition attacks and physical play is off the charts great without being undisciplined..So if he is there at #18 ..I want this young LD as a long term solution.

Vlasic. 1LD
Solberg 2LD
EdM 3LD

=Hawks left side D would be solidified and great for a very bright future..

The RD side thevpkan is to dump Murphy ASAP but if cannot then by TDL next spring retainingv50% for Remington 20% of next season pluscforc25/26...

Sign free agent this summer as either startibgv3RD till Murphy gone or demote Murohy to 3RDcand putvthis UFA as 2RD in intermediate term contract =4 seasons?
Gives tine for Rinzel to start as 3RDin 25/26: with chance to move up to 2RD after 1st or2nd season in the NHL.
We will need to drafta RDvin 2nd roubd thus draft but maybe draft first round RD in 2025 /'26 or "27 drafts to prepare for $9.5 's depature 28/29 season (1 season before his contract ends) or after '29-30 season if he finishes his contract with the Hawks...

So we will need a stop-gap 2RD vet capable of a 3-4 year run in the Murphy spot and then drop down 3RD if Rinzel can take the Murphy spot by his 2nd year in the NHL ('26-27 season?).

Last edited:

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Does anyone subscribe to a pay walk for Ejlund's Runour Chart?

When gave a freebie to us on Hawks being interested into (with him having Hawksxhighestviddsxatc30%of getting him vs.other interested teams...

From other sources we have heard Hawks interested in Patrick Laine if Columbus let's him go UFA.

He also let out that Hawk of of the teams interested inChandker Stephenson ifvhe makes it to UFA..

There was speculation from some sources Patrick Kane re-union..but I think KD not interested.

For Hawks interest in d-men...they along
with lots of teams may target Mihhail Sergachev if TB let's him go ..But given taxes and the fact his expiring contract was $4.4, possibly an overpay to $6million for not the production value for a 2nd pairing dman..Also he is a LD ...Hawks probably not wantto make that investment...even though he is just25 years old.. Hawks already strong in pipeline for LD candidates after Vlasic ...I think Hawks get a vet stop-gap for a short-term and hope either one of the pipeline LD takes over 2nd pairing role after that by experiencing LD as 3rd pairing $4.5 m guy over the stop-gap (2-3 year period).. Sergachev would want longer term Deal at too high a cost.

Hawks could at #18, draft Stian Solberg as the long term 2nd pairing LD in tge core fututure.
If they did that ,I think he is just1 season away from the NHL ...so advanced is his defensive capability already ..Just needs to work on his offense improving (the tools are there...good shot and skating andagikity ...but he needs to work on being bolder on attack and more inclined to attack rather than just transport puck in then hang back cautiously at blue line)..Ifchevadds to his offebsive threat thisxseadon a lot of teams willbecsoryy they did not take him..because already he looks like a top defender pro stynying opposition attacks and physical play is off the charts great without being undisciplined..So if he is there at #18 ..I want this young LD as a long term solution.

Vlasic. 1LD
Solberg 2LD
EdM 3LD

=Hawks left side D would be solidified and great for a very bright future..

The RD side thevpkan is to dump Murphy ASAP but if cannot then by TDL next spring retainingv50% for Remington 20% of next season pluscforc25/26...

Sign free agent this summer as either startibgv3RD till Murphy gone or demote Murohy to 3RDcand putvthis UFA as 2RD in intermediate term contract =4 seasons?
Gives tine for Rinzel to start as 3RDin 25/26: with chance to move up to 2RD after 1st or2nd season in the NHL.
We will need to drafta RDvin 2nd roubd thus draft but maybe draft first round RD in 2025 /'26 or "27 drafts to prepare for $9.5 's depature 28/29 season (1 season before his contract ends) or after '29-30 season if he finishes his contract with the Hawks...

So we will need a stop-gap 2RD vet capable of a 3-4 year run in the Murphy spot and then drop down 3RD if Rinzel can take the Murphy spot by his 2nd year in the NHL ('26-27 season?).
kevin korchinski is in the the mix as well. look who he got paired with. he palyed the whole season as 19 year old and had to deal with his dad passing away mid season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00