Rumor Mill

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So what is tge proposed to move up from #18 ton11 with Buffalo ?

Reichel+ #18 for #11 ONLY?

Or does KD insist on#43 coning to us as part of the deal?

Therevis no guarantee Yakemchuk is still on the board at #11..so maybe KD dies notcdeal unless he us there?
If he is not I still woukd make the deal provided #43 is thrown in wiyh#11 to us..

Then I package #34 and#43 to move back up to #19 (Vegas ...has no 2nd rounder) .Or a variation on this is we take back a Vegas contract...give them #43 and#50 and keeo#34..

There are deals s to be made with Vegas.

Also L A. Has no 2nd rounder and no 3rd rounder...could deal to move back up to #21 usiing our 2nds and 3rds in a combo .

Last edited:
Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hawks are looking to draft Levshunov. We have an abundance of defensive prospects that are about NHL ready and very few spots for them. I can see Buffalo wanting more NHL ready guys on the back-end. They already have guys like Power/Dahlin/Byram. Maybe they want someone like Nolan Allan +. He'd be a good compliment to that team. I definitely see the Hawks clawing at the thought of getting the 10th/11th pick. This draft is going to be fun.

Hawks could potentially double tap defense and draft Levshunov/Yakemchuk

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks are looking to draft Levshunov. We have an abundance of defensive prospects that are about NHL ready and very few spots for them. I can see Buffalo wanting more NHL ready guys on the back-end. They already have guys like Power/Dahlin/Byram. Maybe they want someone like Nolan Allan +. He'd be a good compliment to that team. I definitely see the Hawks clawing at the thought of getting the 10th/11th pick. This draft is going to be fun.

Hawks could potentially double tap defense and draft Levshunov/Yakemchuk

Sabres don't need any D prospects

Sabres already have 5 defenders 24 or younger on NHL team

Owen Power
Bowen Byram
Mattias Samuelsson
Rasmus Dahlin
Henri Jokiharju

In Rochester they have

Ryan Johnson (2019 1st round)
Nikita Novikov (2021 6th round)

Novikov had a good rookie season in AHL and looks promising

Recent draft picks on blueline further in system/development

Maxim Strbak (2023 2nd round)
Gavin McCarthy (2023 3rd round)
Sean Keohane (2023 6th round)
Norwin Panocha (2023 7th round)
Vsevolod Komarov (2022 5th round)

Infact the Sabres system is so deep at D they opted not to sign

D Mats Lindgren (2022 4th round)

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Sabres don't need any D prospects

Sabres already have 5 defenders 24 or younger on NHL team

Owen Power
Bowen Byram
Mattias Samuelsson
Rasmus Dahlin
Henri Jokiharju

In Rochester they have

Ryan Johnson (2019 1st round)
Nikita Novikov (2021 6th round)

Novikov had a good rookie season in AHL and looks promising

Recent draft picks on blueline further in system/development

Maxim Strbak (2023 2nd round)
Gavin McCarthy (2023 3rd round)
Sean Keohane (2023 6th round)
Norwin Panocha (2023 7th round)
Vsevolod Komarov (2022 5th round)

Infact the Sabres system is so deep at D they opted not to sign

D Mats Lindgren (2022 4th round)
Makes sense. I have a new theory. The Sabres unload the Skinner contract + 11th oa + 2025 1st round pick on the Hawks in exchange for Connor Murphy and 18th oa. Who says no here?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I keep saying it but if there’s a Marner trade I hope it’s a three team deal where we retain on Marner and ship out Jones. Other than that no thank you.

Theres a possibility it’s just the Toronto atmosphere but I’ve watched a lot of his playoff games an he’s not a big game player. Can’t be right out a 8-figure contract to guys like that in a hard capped league.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
i simply cannot believe there is a human being alive dumb enough to trade for the seth jones contract without big futures as a sweetener.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Who would replace Jones if he was traded? Because the Hawks don't have a D-man able to eat 25 mins a night on their roster, maybe Vlasic someday, but not yet.
Sign Christopher Tanev + Kevin Shattenkirk on fat 2 year contracts.

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
I keep saying it but if there’s a Marner trade I hope it’s a three team deal where we retain on Marner and ship out Jones. Other than that no thank you.

Theres a possibility it’s just the Toronto atmosphere but I’ve watched a lot of his playoff games an he’s not a big game player. Can’t be right out a 8-figure contract to guys like that in a hard capped league.
Usually T.O. fans think their players are the best. Not seeing that with MM

Reactions: TheOne

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You give up Seth Jones for free?
I see nothing wrong with that. You probably can't give him away at this point without massive retention.

Hell no. You trade him for a haul at the deadline.
Yeah for sure, I you can't get him signed to a reasonable deal.

Who would replace Jones if he was traded? Because the Hawks don't have a D-man able to eat 25 mins a night on their roster, maybe Vlasic someday, but not yet.
Figure that out later, it's not like you can't find a similar Dman for 7-9mil to replace him in the future if no one steps up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad