ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
He is better than Holt, really, imo. Bruce had to suffer with guys like Chris Miller and Tony Banks.
Yeah, when I traded up to take my coach. I was REALLY considering Bruce at that pick. Would've made my WR core, Owens, Bruce, Johnson, Irvin. Would've been fun

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
He is better than Holt, really, imo. Bruce had to suffer with guys like Chris Miller and Tony Banks.
At the very least, I'd put them on the same level. It's surprising that Holt went 7 rounds earlier even though he was a good pick, just surprised Bruce slide so far.

Yeah, when I traded up to take my coach. I was REALLY considering Bruce at that pick. Would've made my WR core, Owens, Bruce, Johnson, Irvin. Would've been fun
That WR corps would've been a wet dream for guys like Don Coryell and Mike Leach.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Other than Zack Martin, Isaac Bruce was the best pick in the draft. With no bias in this take at all.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If anyone hasn’t, I highly recommend watching Derrick Henry’s high school highlights

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
offence is officially done:

Offence:
QB: Brett Favre
RB: Tony Dorsett
RB: Edgerrin James
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Michael Irvin
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Charlie Joiner
TE: Jimmy Graham
TE: George Kittle
LT: Willie Roaf
LG: Marshall Yanda
C: Bruce Matthews
RG: Zack Martin
RT: Jackie Slater

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The first 14-man 11-member team.

James, Joiner, Kittle... assumably BENCH... unless you go two TE, three WR, one RB.

I appreciate the depth.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Why?

Miss your clock, just make the pick when you can.

Being skipped after 25 rounds is no big deal.
Let's not DRAG THIS OUT too much.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I was wondering when Trent Williams would get taken. But I had a take, that I didn't know if others would agree but Trent Williams/Tyron Smith should be VERY highly rated all time for LTs. There's maybe a handful if that, I'd take over them.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I was wondering when Trent Williams would get taken. But I had a take, that I didn't know if others would agree but Trent Williams/Tyron Smith should be VERY highly rated all time for LTs. There's maybe a handful if that, I'd take over them.
Both are great but they're not top 5 LT"s of all time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely considered Rod Smith and Mike Alstott when I took Shofner...
I had a bunch of fullbacks pegged, kept waiting for them to get picked but hadn’t happened yet. There’s like 6 I was willing to take.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
There's one RB who I'm pretty shocked is still available especially considering how much of a dual threat he was.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Reminder. after the draft is done, you will have 2 days to write a blurb on your team, as in strategy, scheme etc.

After that. I will need everyone to send me their rankings of the team excluding their own.

So you should be ranking 12 teams.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hey how strict are we with the utility spots? Like I just took him as a KR primarily, but he can serve as depth at RB, WR, CB, PR, and S for me. Can I list him in a defensive utility spot and it still count for my offense? We'd have multiple position players before but they were starters that I saw.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Hey how strict are we with the utility spots? Like I just took him as a KR primarily, but he can serve as depth at RB, WR, CB, PR, and S for me. Can I list him in a defensive utility spot and it still count for my offense? We'd have multiple position players before but they were starters that I saw.
The utility spots are mainly for players you want to be strategic with. like a 3rd down pass rusher, a NT if you want to go really large on the line etc. So it's a way to add a bit of your owns strategy/views in it.

Reactions: LT and VanIslander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad