Euro: Round of 16 - Germany v. Denmark - June 29

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Unnecessary tinkering by Nagelsmann, problem with club coaches who think they're too smart. He's killed the chemistry with the switch-ups which Wirtz/Musiala had or Mittelstadt making runs down the left.

And Havertz looking like Havertz like usual, a midfielder looking lost leading the front line.

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
2nd quarter Danes got into the game and were maybe a bit better. Gundogan has been out of sync with teamsmates, his passes and forward runs haven't been successful.

Sane has been ineffective too.

Now it's raining and loud thunder. Match to be abandoned?

Reactions: cgf

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The way things are going in the future matches are going to be suspended for rain, we don't want the players catching a cold now, do we?

• Haha
Reactions: King 88

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I was just wondering..it's kinda funny because in the U.S. I recall them breaking off games because of lightning in the area all the time, sometimes when the storm is even 4-5 miles away and never actually gets to the stadium..meanwhile in Europe at football games it seems like they basically only do it if the lightning is right on top of the stadium.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I’m sure a footballer was killed by it on the pitch in Indonesia not too long ago.

Also a kid in England.

I’ve seen it postponed before and it’s sensible enough.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
First time I've ever seen it in pro football. It's stupid. What about the paying fans?
Well, these big thunderstorms in places like Germany, England, France, Netherlands etc. usually happen in summer, so they're a non-issue for most of the season.

I think in general Europe has a lot less sensitivity to thunderstorms/lightning as a hazard because it's not that common. In the U.S. where many areas get major thunderstorms a lot there's a lot more awareness about the risks.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad