Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 13: Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL) - 7/6 Upd: Signed 3yr ELC

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
His last name is probably originated from Ukrainian Lutchenko. And Lutchenko played vs Philadelphia in that 1976 game vs CSKA. So Luchanko was destined to play for the Flyers...

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I definitely trust the main boards over HF Flyers. It’s been proven true time and time again. Did anyone here, uncertain about Luchanko’s upside, rank Robert Thomas top 10 in his draft? No.

Looked back at that draft:

- If you had told me we ended up having 4 1st round picks from that draft but still sucked I wouldn’t believe you.

- The Rangers are the worst drafting team of all time. That draft and almost any other draft.

- Dallas is like Carolina, but better. Draft well but draft high end more often.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

The most important thing is that they want to be here.

That is pretty cute tho.

I have some pictures of my infant daughter wearing some Flyers merch I got for her. Then when she went to daycare and school, she became a "fan" of anyone not the Flyers - she got infected by the Canadian rubes cheering for the Leafs and Habs.

After passively seeing the Flyers for years on in the background at home, she just naturally became more curious and started asking questions and actively watching.

Now she's 16 and a huge Flyers fan, follows them on IG, watches all the games with me, loves Bobby Brink, and can't wait to go see a game when Michkov arrives.

She's never seen a live game and we're thinking the January games against Dallas and Anaheim.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That is pretty cute tho.

I have some pictures of my infant daughter wearing some Flyers merch I got for her. Then when she went to daycare and school, she became a "fan" of anyone not the Flyers - she got infected by the Canadian rubes cheering for the Leafs and Habs.

After passively seeing the Flyers for years on in the background at home, she just naturally became more curious and started asking questions and actively watching.

Now she's 16 and a huge Flyers fan, follows them on IG, watches all the games with me, loves Bobby Brink, and can't wait to go see a game when Michkov arrives.

She's never seen a live game and we're thinking the January games against Dallas and Anaheim.

You've doomed her to a lifetime of dissappointment.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
It’s not BPA or even biggest need by position, this New Era is all about who was born to be a Flyer. Bonus points if you have childhood photos of you in Flyers pjs. Kinda cute to think of them taking salary cuts because of it, too.
Oh they wont be taking any salary cuts, that much is for sure.

Reactions: BernieParent

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
You've doomed her to a lifetime of dissappointment.
I had a Flyers jacket for my son when he was 3, but once he got a bit older and playing, I told him he had to pick another team, not the Flyers, and not the Leafs, his mom's team. Being blond and shooting right, he picked Steven Stamkos out of a Hockey News and decided the Lightning were his team. Good timing, as was my becoming a Flyers fan in 1972 after seeing Clarkie on Team Canada. I would not sentence him to such a fate.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
I had a Flyers jacket for my son when he was 3, but once he got a bit older and playing, I told him he had to pick another team, not the Flyers, and not the Leafs, his mom's team. Being blond and shooting right, he picked Steven Stamkos out of a Hockey News and decided the Lightning were his team. Good timing, as was my becoming a Flyers fan in 1972 after seeing Clarkie on Team Canada. I would not sentence him to such a fate.
you are a good man.

Feb 5, 2016
If Jett doesn’t work out we always have his call from Michael Buffer for the memories.

Did not see this posted in this thread.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I definitely trust the main boards over HF Flyers. It’s been proven true time and time again. Did anyone here, uncertain about Luchanko’s upside, rank Robert Thomas top 10 in his draft? No.

Ehh, everything is just for fun, right?

It's great that well have opinions, but if you don't have a firsthand account or an actual background in statistical analysis, then it's all just sort of moot.

It's difficult to comment on main board analysis though since the biases are very unclear.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's great that well have opinions, but if you don't have a firsthand account or an actual background in statistical analysis, then it's all just sort of moot.

Is it? Statistical analysis of what, written opinion from 2000 different individuals? I don’t understand your point. My point is the small collection of prospect watchers we have here is one of the best resources on the internet, and I trust what they say more than the shit show of the main boards.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Is it? Statistical analysis of what, written opinion from 2000 different individuals? I don’t understand your point. My point is the small collection of prospect watchers we have here is one of the best resources on the internet, and I trust what they say more than the shit show of the main boards.

These are people who analyze the players to show us what they are now, what they can become and keep us up to date on how they do throughout the seasons. I know I hated this pick when it happened, but we also passed up on Buium and Helenius, etc. But if people that watch the kid and know something, it's better to listen, but as always, don't take it as the unshakable gospel. Take on a collection of info from people that watch, how they feel and draw your conclusion from there.

Reactions: Magua

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Idk I kinda bumped @BigToe down my trust tree since he quit scouting a week before the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad