Cleveland Browns Unveil Renderings of Potential New Indoor Suburban Stadium

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

If they build this they'll get a Super Bowl in return like Indy, Detroit and Minnesota did but that's likely going to be a one time thing. Aside from other events such as Wrestlemania and the Final Four.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If they build this they'll get a Super Bowl in return like Indy, Detroit and Minnesota did but that's likely going to be a one time thing. Aside from other events such as Wrestlemania and the Final Four.
Would have to see how many more events those 3 domed stadiums in the Great Lakes area get that an open air stadium doesn’t from Oct to March. Indy for this year I saw that they had 12 entertainment events (but 3 of those events were multiple performances) so really like 5/6 unique events. And like 4 sporting events.

Seems like the translucent domes are the trend moving forward. Washington would be up soon to replace their stadium. Tenn is doing a translucent dome for theirs.

Going to lose outdoor football in the North.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This needs to be delayed until their current stadium hosts a Browns playoff game. As it is, the Browns have not had a home playoff game since 1994 at the old stadium.

I'm not familiar with the construction industry in the Cleveland area, but I dont see this being open until the start of the next decade by the time they sort out financing and begin construction. Since I'm an ass, I'm gonna remind everyone that we're 5 months from the midpoint of this decade already.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Would have to see how many more events those 3 domed stadiums in the Great Lakes area get that an open air stadium doesn’t from Oct to March. Indy for this year I saw that they had 12 entertainment events (but 3 of those events were multiple performances) so really like 5/6 unique events. And like 4 sporting events.

Seems like the translucent domes are the trend moving forward. Washington would be up soon to replace their stadium. Tenn is doing a translucent dome for theirs.

Going to lose outdoor football in the North.
Outdoor football is going to be extinct period in some of our lifetimes.

I won't be shocked if we've seen the last new outdoor stadium get built.

Goodell seems actively hostile to the idea and the trend is heavily favoring indoor stadiums, which blows.

Reactions: Reaser

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Outdoor football is going to be extinct period in some of our lifetimes.

I won't be shocked if we've seen the last new outdoor stadium get built.

Goodell seems actively hostile to the idea and the trend is heavily favoring indoor stadiums, which blows.
The packers might be the only one that will retain their outdoor stadium.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The packers might be the only one that will retain their outdoor stadium.
Bills new one has not roof and is under construction. But, you have to wonder when the stadiums in NE, NY, Phi, Bal, KC, etc. reach the point where they think about replacing it with a new stadium, will they go with the translucent roof or some type of retractable one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad