NESN hires Judd Sirott as its new Bruins TV play-by-play voice

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Haven’t heard too much of him, but the little bit I have heard, I liked his call.

A lot of people complaining about his goal call. He seems to have two. There’s one that is a high pitched “they scoooooooooore” and then there’s the louder, more gutteral “THEY SCORE”. I’d prefer the latter.

Yes, this is very serious business.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Haven’t heard too much of him, but the little bit I have heard, I liked his call.

A lot of people complaining about his goal call. He seems to have two. There’s one that is a high pitched “they scoooooooooore” and then there’s the louder, more gutteral “THEY SCORE”. I’d prefer the latter.

Yes, this is very serious business.

I prefer neither. But he's better than the buffoon we had before.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
I'm sure going to miss the performative patriotism after a game against Montreal that Edwards could bring.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm sure going to miss the performative patriotism after a game against Montreal that Edwards could bring.

That's bad enough, but at least the Bruins don't officially liken their team to soldiers in a famous WWI poem, even writing that poem on the locker room wall and reenacting said poem before playoff games.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I feel bad for him in some ways because coming right after Jack will make people always compare him to Jack and that's an unfair comparison. An elephant couldn't fit in the shoes that Jack left and that's okay.

I'm optimistic about him. I like the snippets I've heard from him.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I feel bad for him in some ways because coming right after Jack will make people always compare him to Jack and that's an unfair comparison. An elephant couldn't fit in the shoes that Jack left and that's okay.

He's got the easiest job in broadcasting. Edwards sucks regardless of if you are a Bruins fan. He was bottom of the barrel type garbage at his job

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
When will these announcers start moaning in the mic to add some more sizzle to the sport

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
He's got the easiest job in broadcasting. Edwards sucks regardless of if you are a Bruins fan. He was bottom of the barrel type garbage at his job
1723248859057.png

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Been listening to Sirott for years on 98.5. He has a similar voice to Jack (before he started slurring his words) so the transition shouldn't be too bad. Never been a fan of his "goallll" calls though.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019

Some of Jack’s calls made him sound like a real POS. I’m sure he’ll be easy to replace.

• Love
Reactions: njdevils1982

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
That's bad enough, but at least the Bruins don't officially liken their team to soldiers in a famous WWI poem, even writing that poem on the locker room wall and reenacting said poem before playoff games.

No, Edwards only compared the B's beating the MONTREAL Canadiens, who are from QUEBEC, to the American colonials beating the British and good'ol King George in the American Revolutionary War.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
No, Edwards only compared the B's beating the MONTREAL Canadiens, who are from QUEBEC, to the American colonials beating the British and good'ol King George in the American Revolutionary War.

Both are frigging stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad