GDT: Round 1 - Game 1 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Sunday, April 21st, 2024 - 6:00pm CDT - Sportsnet/CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Rums and fancy scotches are all very well, but what I'm looking forward to is handmade pizza. Thick, saucy meat-laden, mushroom-coated pizza. It's the playoffs, to hell with calories! I'm going to celebrate every goal with more pizza!
Homemade pizzas here as well today. My far better half has already banished me from the kitchen as she gets things organized. She always has a surprise pizza for us to try when she does this.

Going to take the dogs out and let them run amuck for awhile while I coat my stomach lining with barley so they'll be too pooped later on to mooch.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Really hoping for something extra special this year! For me, not getting past the first round would be a real dissappointment. I pretty much need some second round action at the least. But like I said, really hoping for something extra special this year.

Reactions: PaulPooley

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Series could go either way but leaning more towards the Jets based on who they can be when they play correctly with limiting easily avoidable mistakes. If they play to their abilities, they'll win.

The issue I am having is people making out Mackinnon to be this unstoppable force no matter what. He got a lot of points this year because Colorado plays an offensive game. He's on their top line so he'll get lots of points over an 82 game season. He will score some goals and get assists this series because you're not going to shut out a team four games in a row. Problem is people talk like he is McDavid or prime Crosby/Ovechkin which he is not. He doesn't concern me as long as the Jets play how their team and systems are built for.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Series could go either way but leaning more towards the Jets based on who they can be when they play correctly with limiting easily avoidable mistakes. If they play to their abilities, they'll win.

The issue I am having is people making out Mackinnon to be this unstoppable force no matter what. He got a lot of points this year because Colorado plays an offensive game. He's on their top line so he'll get lots of points over an 82 game season. He will score some goals and get assists this series because you're not going to shut out a team four games in a row. Problem is people talk like he is McDavid or prime Crosby/Ovechkin which he is not. He doesn't concern me as long as the Jets play how their team and systems are built for.
I feel the same way about Mac. Don’t get me wrong he had an incredible regular season, but to put all the offense on the first lines shoulders is gonna be too much. Top heavy teams have trouble in the playoffs.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Rums and fancy scotches are all very well, but what I'm looking forward to is handmade pizza. Thick, saucy meat-laden, mushroom-coated pizza. It's the playoffs, to hell with calories! I'm going to celebrate every goal with more pizza!
Homemade pizzas here as well today. My far better half has already banished me from the kitchen as she gets things organized. She always has a surprise pizza for us to try when she does this.

Going to take the dogs out and let them run amuck for awhile while I coat my stomach lining with barley so they'll be too pooped later on to mooch.
Here's a good picture showing how much I love homemade pizza -

1713730536563.jpeg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Am I allowed to listen on the radio though?

As far as I know. :laugh:

You've jinx talked yourself into a corner. If you watch and they lose, you will be confirming the superstition. Sooner or later you need to watch a win. Maybe go to a game live. The white-out party might even be OK. :laugh:

You should have watched the last game. Nice as the win was, we could have absorbed the loss. It might have been your best shot at breaking the string. Unless we had lost of course.

• Haha
Reactions: King Woodballs

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Jets must still be getting action with the bookies. They're down to paying +112 from the +115 I got when I bet on them earlier in the week.

Odds for todays game:

1713732097254.png

Jets are teeny tiny favourites. Think I'll take the Jets -1.5 and hope for a repeat of the last game we played against Colorado. Jets -2.5 pays 4.85:1.

m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad