Roster speculation XVIII - We're getting closer to things happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think Vesey is coming to Buffalo.
Vesey - Eichel - Reinhart
Kane - ROR - Fasching
Foligno - Larsson - Gionta
? - ? - ?

That top pair LHD position.......hmmmm.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Is there a specific time frame for offer sheets? Or is it simply an option once free agency starts?

The latter. There are some cases where a player's club can elect salary arbitration such that the player must be offer sheeted by 5 pm on July 5. However, Lindholm is not eligible for arbitration, and no player this offseason will be subject to that limited offer sheeting window (I could go into more detail but I think that should suffice for now).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The 5th anniversary of the 2011 draft, this is how you end up making the decision to tank, when your GM and scouts pitch shutouts like this. Not a ****ing player from this draft.

And look what Tampa found in that fairly weak draft for themselves:

Namestnikov,Kucherov,Nesterov,Palat,Peca

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2091875

Eh, 2010 has one player selected who's made it to the NHL. When you see back-to-back non-contributive draft years, it almost always seems 5-6 years on that there is a dip in performance by the big club.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'm ready for this draft and silly speculation season to be over. I just saw a whole group of people on Twitter and a random message board coming to agreement on the idea of Risto + 8 + Pysyk for Hall alone. Yeah...:help:

Get me a top-six LW (Vesey counts), a top-four D that plays on the left side (for ****s and giggles, I'd prefer Lindholm on a monster offersheet but would't complain with a Fowler type), a bottom-six vet, and a back-up goalie (possibly named Chad), and I'm the happiest camper out there.

I'm ready for a wild and woolly offeason across the league.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm ready for this draft and silly speculation season to be over. I just saw a whole group of people on Twitter and a random message board coming to agreement on the idea of Risto + 8 + Pysyk for Hall alone. Yeah...:help:

Get me a top-six LW (Vesey counts), a top-four D that plays on the left side (for ****s and giggles, I'd prefer Lindholm on a monster offersheet but would't complain with a Fowler), a bottom-six vet, and a back-up goalie (possibly named Chad), and I'm the happiest camper out there.

It really is stupid season.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
If we sign anyou forwards (besides Vesey), can we get Boedker to put on O'Reilly's wing?

I like Boedker at a certain price point. He's not an offensive powerhouse, but he provides some scoring ability with jam in the top-six. He's also young enough (26) to milk out a few more productive years.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Dennis Bernstein of TFP has been floating the idea of Pysyk for Pearson. If we can't move Bogo, I could get into that move. Both players were good in limited roles. It gives me pause that Pysyk would be amazing in LA. But you gotta give to get, and you can't keep everybody.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
What is the max you would offer:

Backes
Brouwer
Upshall
Brodziak

Backes - 3 years/ 5 mil AAV
Brouwer- 4 years/4.5 mil AAV
Upshall - 1 year/2 mil AAV
Brodziak - 3 years/2.5 mil AAV

I agree with all of this, pretty much to the dollar, depending on how old Brouwer is. To what age do we think Brouwer will be useful? I guess at worst he'll be a useful 4th liner until 35 or so.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I agree with all of this, pretty much to the dollar, depending on how old Brouwer is. To what age do we think Brouwer will be useful? I guess at worst he'll be a useful 4th liner until 35 or so.

Serviceable 2nd-3rd line tweener or 1st line fill-in until he's 33 or so. 4th line duty from then on.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dennis Bernstein of TFP has been floating the idea of Pysyk for Pearson. If we can't move Bogo, I could get into that move. Both players were good in limited roles. It gives me pause that Pysyk would be amazing in LA. But you gotta give to get, and you can't keep everybody.

If Regier was still here, I could see that having more legs. Pearson was apparently the guy he wanted form LA in a Vanek deal.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Brouwer appears to be a smasher who bounced up and down STL's forward pairs and brought some physicality and net-front play with him. He's still dumb as a sack of hammers but apparently has gotten a little faster and a little more capable of playing in Hitch's system.

Unfortunately, he doesn't do possession stuff, defend multiple positions or optimize high-skill guys, so I'll pass. "Driving play" is pretty much my one criteria for acquisitions this offseason, and that's definitely not Troy Brouwer. Maybe if we end up trading Foligno.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Backes - 3 years/ 5 mil AAV
Brouwer- 4 years/4.5 mil AAV
Upshall - 1 year/2 mil AAV
Brodziak - 3 years/2.5 mil AAV

4.5 for Brouwer would be a mistake Buffalo would soon regret.
Backes I'd overpay for on a short term deal. He's money in front of the net, which could free up Reinhart to make more plays on the PP. Plus he's physical and solid defensively. Bet he'd look good with O'Reilly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
4.5 for Brouwer would be a mistake Buffalo would soon regret.
Backes I'd overpay for on a short term deal. He's money in front of the net, which could free up Reinhart to make more plays on the PP. Plus he's physical and solid defensively. Bet he'd look good with O'Reilly.

Yup. I like Brouwer, but that's too much to spend on a fourth line player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Risto is a little over-rated here. He did get played too much, but he was invisible on offense once his heart was out of it. He does struggle in his own end when things collapse. He is at the top of a position of strength.

If you can do 8+Risto for 4+Hall, you do it.

I would be more hesitant with whatever it'd take to go from 4->3

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart
Hall-ROR-Girgensons
Kane-Larrson-Gionta
Folingo-UFA-Deslau/Fasching

Yandle-Shattenkirk
Gorges-Bogo
McCabe-Nelson/Franson

Last edited:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Risto is a little over-rated here. He did get played too much, but he was invisible on offense once his heart was out of it. He does struggle in his own end when things collapse. He is at the top of a position of strength.

21 year old franchise D man who just scored 41 pts on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league all the while getting matched up against top D? Trading that guy who is 4-5 years away from his peak will help us how?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
21 year old franchise D man who just scored 41 pts on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league all the while getting matched up against top D? Trading that guy who is 4-5 years away from his peak will help us how?

Laine/Puj

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart
Hall-ROR-Girgensons
Kane-Larrson-Gionta
Folingo-UFA-Deslau/Fasching

Yandle-Shattenkirk
Gorges-Bogo
McCabe-Nelson/Franson

no thanks, nothing about Hall or moving up 4 slots makes me want to see that defense next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad