Speculation: Roster Speculation: Part XVI (Off-Season Madness)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
You can also look at the statements Panarin made regarding how the salary cap will affect his next contract possibly having an affect on Kempny. There's no idea what will happen with Chicago in the future as they're nut to butt against the cap and will have penalties next season due to Panarin's scheduled bonuses.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
What the Sabres can put to him is that since he has to sign a 1 year ELC if he signs with Chicago and has a good year they are in no position cap wise to offer him as much as other teams like us could on his 2nd contract.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I know with Panarin everyone wants to find that KHL gem. But, for the most part, overage KHL imports into any more than a depth role has been for the most part a misfire for NHL teams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know with Panarin everyone wants to find that KHL gem. But, for the most part, overage KHL imports into any more than a depth role has been for the most part a misfire for NHL teams.

It's like UDFA collegians -- it's an asset further down the development path who costs nothing but a contract and cash. If they work out, fine. If not, hey, they were "free".

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Poking fun at how conversation shifts based on perceived availability.

That's the thing... The opinion on him as a player obviously hasn't (shouldn't) change. I just had no idea we were even in the mix, let alone an undeclared "finalist"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's the thing... The opinion on him as a player obviously hasn't (shouldn't) change. I just had no idea we were even in the mix, let alone an undeclared "finalist"

The hope was there that Murray would be willing to kick those tires. Turning up someone like Bengtsson, Zaitsev, or Kempny would be a nice find.

The only downside right now is that they have no one on the team who speaks Czech and Kempny doesn't speak English.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The hope was there that Murray would be willing to kick those tires. Turning up someone like Bengtsson, Zaitsev, or Kempny would be a nice find.

The only downside right now is that they have no one on the team who speaks Czech and Kempny doesn't speak English.

"Hey, Uh Dan, meet your new assistant coach, Jaro"

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Ok, who's sitting on the Rosetta Stone collection ?

:D

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011

Supposedly multiple teams interested in French defenseman Yohann Auvitu.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Friedman just said on NHL Live that we are in the mix with CHI to sign Michal Kempny, the Czech dman who plays for Avangard in the K.

Lefty. I like his game. He's 25. It appeared he was close to joining the Blackhawks, per Dreger, but now it doesn't seem like that's a done deal.

Thoughts?

Did Friedman mention anyone else in the mix?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Hudler and Vrbata are both UFA this summer and play something of a "need" position (RW). I'd much rather sign one of them to be a bridge to Fasching and Bailey, and be Kempny's advisor, than give Okposo six years or expect one of the young guys to take that other top-6 RW spot - and don't even get me started about McGinn.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Jiri Novotny's still playing in the KHL. Sign him as 4C / 13th forward. (I assume Novotny speaks some English.)

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Chicago doesn't have any Czechs under contract for next year, either. Fleischmann and Rozsival are both UFAs. They have a few Slovaks, but that ain't the same.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Easiest would be pry out Sobotka from the Blues to give them a bottom 6 rotation at center of Larsson and Sobotka, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad