Speculation: Roster Speculation, 2018 Off-Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m confused.

Botterill added a scoring winger with speed and didn’t need to trade ROR to do so.

Is there a glitch in the matrix?

:sarcasm:

Yeah we’re totally done now.

Do you think championship this year or just conference final?

Reactions: CacOBG

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

There could be another experiment coming. The Sabres have Jack Eichel, Casey Mittelstadt and O’Reilly leading the middle, but the latter remains the object of constant trade chatter. The answer to who would replace O’Reilly might be the guy who skated to his right.

Botterill mentioned the idea in response to a question about Sheary, who was acquired from Pittsburgh, becoming Eichel’s left winger.

“Until players get on the ice, you’re never going to know that for sure,” Botterill said in HarborCenter. “We’re always looking to add to our group, especially on the wing to add more skill. Being a part of some talented centermen in Pittsburgh, those guys are always in flux, they’re always in motion.
That’s what gets us excited about our group here right now is we have Sam on the wing and he can play in the middle. We have obviously Jack, Ryan, Casey, so we have talented centermen throughout our group there.”

:scared:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fezzy126

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Reinhart would be an upgrade over ROR by the end of next year with the exception of FO% if he got the the role ROR has.

Part of me thinks the growth in Jack and Sams game will come in the absence of Ryan. They don’t need training wheels anymore.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Reinhart would be an upgrade over ROR by the end of next year with the exception of FO% if he got the the role ROR has.

Part of me thinks the growth in Jack and Sams game will come in the absence of Ryan. They don’t need training wheels anymore.
Curious how so? I dont think in any way he would handle the hardest minutes and be able to get into the 50-60 point area being responsible in both ends.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Wishful thinking. Nothing Reinhart has done suggests he could not only take over but be an upgrade on ROR in his role.

Reactions: Eichel15

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Wishful thinking. Nothing Reinhart has done suggests he could not only take over but be an upgrade on ROR in his role.

It is wishful thinking, I just think if Sam ever got the chance to be a top 6 C here with big minutes he would flourish.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m perfectly fine with three years given what has been said about the quality of teammate he is. If he ends up a highly paid backup so be it. It’s not like the starter will be breaking the bank.

I liked what the guys who’ve been on wgr talking free agents had to say about him a lot.

Honestly money doesn’t worry me for the next three years. After that we may have the highest paid D Player in the league so anything post 3 years is a concern.

Reactions: Sabres

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I’m optimistic Reinhart is going to carry over his play from the second half. Which could be a better player than O’Reilly. But I don’t think O’Reilly needs to be moved for them to take over.

To be honest one of my biggest irritations with this team is the insistence to never play Eichel and O’Reilly together. Let them play together. Perfect, one to cover mistakes, the other to pounce on opportunities. But no, we can’t ever get to see that. God forbid!!

Sheary Eichel RoR
Erod Mitts Reinhart
Olofsson Riley Nash Okposo
Girgs Larson Baptiste

That looks like a good group to me.

Edit: good is probably a strong word.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’m optimistic Reinhart is going to carry over his play from the second half. Which could be a better player than O’Reilly. But I don’t think O’Reilly needs to be moved for them to take over.

To be honest one of my biggest irritations with this team is the insistence to never play Eichel and O’Reilly together. Let them play together. Perfect, one to cover mistakes, the other to pounce on opportunities. But no, we can’t ever get to see that. God forbid!!

Sheary Eichel RoR
Erod Mitts Reinhart
Olofsson Riley Nash Okposo
Girgs Larson Baptiste

That looks like a good group to me.

That’s never going to happen though. I don’t know why Casey needs to play centre over Sam next year either, play him on the wing in the top 6 and give him minimal responsibility.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Apparently this Hutton is an incredible teammate.

I can’t remember which analyst it was who talked about the way he worked with Rinne and then Allen and when he was on a hot run last year he always talked up Allen and how he would be back on top soon but man...it made me think this is the perfect guy.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Because Sam Reinhart has really shown the ability to play C at this level every time given the chance. Can we stop fascinating over this. He's not an NHL caliber C. In junior you can get away with this.

Reactions: stokes84

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Eichel is definitely not comparable to Crosby, but Eichel is and will be a dynamic offensive threat. Sheary could be a quality addition to provide some sort of ES offense combined with speed.
If he is “guy” we get to play with Jack, ur looking at another bottom 5 finish. On the bright side, I hear this Hughes guy is good...:laugh:

Reactions: CacOBG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad