Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Let's assume we're able to trade O'Reilly for, let's say, McCabe, Baptiste and STL/NY 1st round pick (perhaps a second rounder as well, if needed).

Moulson - O'Reilly - Gionta

Hodgson - Girgensons - "McEichel"

Foligno - Grigorenko - Ennis

Deslauriers - McCormick - Mitchell/Kaleta

Larsson, Flynn

Sekera/Methot (5-6 y) - Myers

Zadorov - Risto

Gorges - Pysyk

Weber

Neuvirth/Enroth
Jones

Trade one of the second rounder + something small if needed to LA.

First line is a vet-line, which does the heavy lifting.

Hodgson needs a clean slate to bump up his trade value. With Girgensons and "McEichel" (two dynamic and puck possessing players) while having easier match ups, that should be doable. Armia should be ready to take his spot if he bumps his trade value enough. Futures would be the most welcomed return (Not that we exactly need them, but they are the most liquid asset).

Reinhart plays the majority of his year in Roch, but plays about half of his season in Sabres, if and when injuries do happen. Ideally he would get less games than to get an accrued season under his belt - saving one RFA-season and making his long-term extension cheaper.

I think that line-up would be a potential surpriser next season. Grigo is getting his offense on track in AHL, so with easy match-ups and with a winger like Ennis he could do real damage, if he continues to develop at the pace he has done.

KennyFnPowers*

Ugh... I don't want Hodger anywhere near McDavid. Methot? Really? yillg... ROR has been a pain in the butt for COL. I think people are just desperate for any trade/move at this point because of how bad we are right now.

rule #1 - never make a move just to make a move.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm pretty sure we can merge this with the other 'roster speculation' thread, I don't think there's a need for next season and this season's versions.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Even with two years, who knows how he (Gionta) is going to assess the shape of his body??

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/chicago-blackhawks/ - Sharp has two years left on his deal. Although youre probably right (and the thought had crossed my mind) that he or Oshie would be costly. I wasnt sure who or where to speculate that piece may be (Grigorenko maybe?) so I didnt.

Also, I'd only prefer McEichel w/ those two big bodies in the early going and then gradually have him progress up the lineup.

Hey man I'm all for Gio retiring lol, I just don't think he would have signed a 3 year deal if that was his intention. Probably would have went 1 or 2 years with higher $$. :dunno:

You're right about Sharp thats my bad. I could have sworn a discussion on here about him in free agency, but it was a trade. I think he's be much cheaper than Oshie tho due to age.

As for McEichel, I see your line of thinking but rather than playing a 4th line defensive end role at 10 minutes a night, I would see him a top 6 role on the wing. Grigs and Reinhart both started out as 4th line center on this team and struggles mightily. I think McEichel can contribute in a big way offensively immediately, similar to McKinnon. But I guess time will tell

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Ok, so we keep talking about a solid center fir next year to shield the kids, preferably bringing in one to be apart of the core going forward (ROR).

We sold all of our assets to rebuild, and our model, although only partially complete, looks like a blue print for other teams. Say other teams that now have our former leader inthe FO. AZ.

So AZ is going to tear down and rebuild, trading off key vets.

Does not Hanzal fit every bit of criteria we are looking for? And does not have the impending UFA contrac coming up????

What would it take for us to trade for Hanzal at the draft. Of course I'm assuming we get McEichel.

Would a STL or NYI first plus a mid prospect do it? Would he not solve the center question for a few years?

Mix up Girgs, Reinhart, McEichel, Hanzal, Grigs, Armia, Ennis and Moulson into the top 9?

wheelklown

Dec 19, 2014
Batavia, NY
My projections:
Stewart & Enroth traded at deadline
Draft McEichel
Larsson traded with one of our late 1sts to move up at the draft
Resign Stafford(3yr), Neuvirth(2yr), Mitchell(2yr), Rochester guys (Varone, Schaller, Benoit, Strachan)
Sign Vermette(4yr), Niemi(2yr) & Oduya(2yr)
Meszaros, Kaleta not resigned, awwww
Reinhart & Armia start in AHL, called up as needed or as play warrants

Leaves us with..

Ennis - Girgensons - Stafford
Moulson - Vermette - McEichel
Hodgson - Grigorenko - Gionta
Foligno - Mitchell - Deslauriers
McCormick, Flynn

Oduya - Myers
Gorges - Risto
Zads - Pysyk
Weber

Niemi/Neuvirth

With that roster, we finish the season missing the playoffs, in the 18-22 range but obviously a much better brand of hockey and on the upswing with prospects making further strides in Rochester.. Fasching, Bailey, etc.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I think that Murray is going to make a blockbuster trade, or maybe even two, whether it's before the deadline or during the summer, to bring in a top line forward. Whether it's Hall or ROR or someone else, the roster is going to look very different next year.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I think that Murray is going to make a blockbuster trade, or maybe even two, whether it's before the deadline or during the summer, to bring in a top line forward. Whether it's Hall or ROR or someone else, the roster is going to look very different next year.

I agree that Murray is definitely going to acquire some pieces (whether it's blockbuster or not).

Murray simply has a huge cache of assets that he did not acquire... he's definitely going to wheel and deal over the next few years

wheelklown

Dec 19, 2014
Batavia, NY
I think he waits another year, waits to see how the guys coming up to Rochester handle playing at the pro level and to see how this year's crop of picks play. At that point he'll have a better assessment of what he does and doesnt have and what he needs to go get with those assets.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I literally feel like any and every off-season decision is going to depend on whether or not we get McEichel. One of those two spots, and I think TM gets considerably more aggressive and tries to compete as early as next year.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I literally feel like any and every off-season decision is going to depend on whether or not we get McEichel. One of those two spots, and I think TM gets considerably more aggressive and tries to compete as early as next year.

If we get one of those two, Murray sounds like and should be aggressive. I can't but hope for at least one big trade and at least one big fa signing. One top six center and one top 4 dman would make a world of difference for this team.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I wonder if we'll be able to scoop a talented cap casualty from a team this summer if the cap doesn't increase much. Oil prices and the very weak Canadian dollar have projections on the very low side.

Names like Malkin, Ovechkin and Kane are fun to imagine. Maybe pull Voracek out of Philly in a blockbuster? Any other names come to mind on $$$ teams?

Bps21*

It very much bares watching. The lower the cap comes in the better off we are. It will force better players to be made available. What a cherry on the top of a rebuilding strategy.

Acquire as many first and second round picks as you can.

Draft high for a couple years (Reinhart...dare we dream McEichel)

No need to rush anyone who isn't ready to play the NHL

AND the cap is going to screw some teams while we are sitting at the bottom of it right on schedule.

Next step: Packaging assets for roster players specifically the types of linemates you see helping with those young C's

That's a plan I am fully behind.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If Edmonton did finish 2nd and we finished 1st I would offer this to get both McDavid and Eichel....

Girgensons+Myers+Grigorenko+STL 1st+NYI 1st+#31

Edmonton probably still says no. Don't know a deal that could be made for the Eichel pick without moving Reinhart,Risto or Zads.

Yeah, I think you'd have to throw in ristolainen to get that deal done. As crazy as that would be.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If we got the first pick and Edmonton got #2 what would you guys want to swap with them and what do you think they'd be willing to give up?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If we got the first pick and Edmonton got #2 what would you guys want to swap with them and what do you think they'd be willing to give up?

Nothing... because...

2vtrsx4.jpg

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Nothing. The business aspect and prestige of having McDavid alone makes a trade impossible. I would only accept an obvious Lindros type deal for McDavid... This is what I would accept and only this (yes I know it's not close and McDavid isn't worth THAT much but hey if we are the one in control then we can ask whatever we want)

Eichel
Hall
Draisaitl
Nurse

Yes I know McDavid isn't a franchise ppg winger, a future franchise center and a future top pairing dman better then Eichel but that's what it would take. We haven't picked 1st in 28 years, I'm not passing up the chance to do so for anything except a ridiculous overpayment.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ennis - McEichel - Glencross

Hodgson - Reinhart - Girgensons

Foligno - Grigorenko - Armia

Deslauriers - Larsson - Flynn

Oduya - Myers

Zadorov - Risto

Gorges - Pysyk

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Kessel for a package that doesn't include Myers/Girgs/Reinhart/Risto y/n?

No. I like to imagine that you're implying a package would involve around Grigorenko and Zadorov? Or what else?

I especially don't want to see Zadorov tormenting us in blue and white. And Kessel is just...not for us I don't think.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
No. I like to imagine that you're implying a package would involve around Grigorenko and Zadorov? Or what else?

I especially don't want to see Zadorov tormenting us in blue and white. And Kessel is just...not for us I don't think.

One or the other, Pysyk/Armia, lower two firsts

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I would trade many things for Kessel.
The guy is a ****ing loser who would rather play pool and video games than actually work on being a professional athlete. How anyone could want him on their team after watching 24/7 is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad