Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
Fasching was terrible in his 4 games with Bridgeport and doesn't deserve to be called up!! Foudy would be a better option if the Islanders don't want to recall Jeffries or Maggio because they want them to continue to play big minutes in the AHL.

Reactions: FoxYou727 and MJF

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Fasching was terrible in his 4 games with Bridgeport and doesn't deserve to be called up!! Foudy would be a better option if the Islanders don't want to recall Jeffries or Maggio because they want them to continue to play big minutes in the AHL.
My read on the Gauthier waivers situation is actually that they don’t want either of them playing on the top line. I think they slot Wahlstrom back in on the fourth and possibly call up one of Maggio/Foudy/Jeffries to play on the top line… although it is worth mentioning that Roy did play Fasching with them a bit last season.

Last edited:

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Gauthier thing is prob a paperwork thing to help accrue cap space. I think one is the isles writers on X mentioned that there will be a bunch of paper transactions to help cap issues, or I could be making that up. I’m not sure.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If Fasching gets called up I'm assuming Tsyplakov goes to line one and Fasching goes to line 2 with Nelson. Only way that guy is useful.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
what time are they signing martin at

Dec 31st, 2029

Legends deal.

He's DONE. Unless you want to replicate Craig Coxe coming out of retirement . . .

In all likelihood, Wally is back in the lineup and Foudy gets the call up, with Gauthier going down if he isn't claimed.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
So is this the cue to start the re-build? Is Lou going to announce everyone on the roster is for sale and he wants everyone gone except for maybe Dobson by the deadline?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
What’s the difference? Even with the additions this team has played the exact same way as the last two seasons :help:

5 games in and you're ready to throw in the towel? Geezus.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to say. The pace of play is up, we are more aggressive on the PK and the style is more fun to watch. We need a new approach on the PP. Duclair's injury hurts, but maybe we see a few new opportunities, such as Holmstrom getting an extended look on the top line, and either Foudy or a Jeffries getting a look.

Wally also gets a reprieve, and if you actually listen to Roy, he's been saying good things about him.

If you honestly think you are watching Lambert's team a year later, it isn't the same style of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad