Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Watched the Oilers come back and win their first game last night. You can see the potential in Tyslpakov and the fact he is still learning the NA game. Would love to see him turn into a poor man's Zach Hyman possibly on the Isles top line. That's all I got. Keep it rolling against the Blues tomorrow night.
I am way too ambitious. I hope he turns into a poor man Malkin . Yes that Malkin . Love this kid he knows how to slow the game down right from day one . Great future ahead hope it’s with us .Why can’t the NYI hit a homerun ? This kid is no Mark Lawrence 😆

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I am way too ambitious. I hope he turns into a poor man Malkin . Yes that Malkin . Love this kid he knows how to slow the game down right from day one . Great future ahead hope it’s with us .Why can’t the NYI hit a homerun ? This kid is no Mark Lawrence 😆
:huh:

Lot’s of people are poorer than Scott Malkin. Seems a low bar to clear. No?

• Haha
Reactions: Big L

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Wahlstrom is essentially a showcase at this point. I will not be surprised when he traded for a similar 'sunk cost' asset.

If they waive him, he will be claimed and then re-waived after a short stint, in which I would be surprised if NYI re-claimed him. I can't help but he see him be him being Bellows 2.0 and Dal Colle 3.0.
Technically wouldn't it be Dal Colle 2.0, Ho Sang 3.0 and Bellows XP?? Does Griffin Reinhart get a version or is he exempt because he was a defenseman and traded, not waived?

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Was a dumb move to waive Engvall anyways. Gauthier and Whalstrom are not NHL players no matter how badly we want them to be.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Read that we don’t have the money to call up Engvall
It's probably going to be Fasching. This organization is a country club and Fasching is one of "the boys".

I really hope they move Barzal to 2C and move Nelson to top line LW.

Nelson-Horvat-Palmieri
Tsyplakov-Barzal-Fasching
Lee-Pageau-Holmstrom
MacLean-Cizikas-Wahlstrom

Time for Barzal to earn his paycheck....

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Read that we don’t have the money to call up Engvall
Yes. Only way is if we take $3M off the roster. Like Duclair going on IR

It's probably going to be Fasching. This organization is a country club and Fasching is one of "the boys".

Nelson-Horvat-Palmieri
Lee-Pageau-Holmstrom

Fasching sucks

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

Nelson-Horvat-Palmieri
Lee-Pageau-Holmstrom

there's no chance lol

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Just moving garbage around the bins on this, that’s all bc that’s all there is. There’s no kid(s) simmering in the A that could get promoted.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Wahlstrom/Gauthier is really just picking between which guy can fill the spot better, and Gauthier was worse. Its kinda shitty trying to say that the isles remedy is Hudson Fasching...yet again

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Wahlstrom/Gauthier is really just picking between which guy can fill the spot better, and Gauthier was worse. Its kinda shitty trying to say that the isles remedy is Hudson Fasching...yet again
Fasching isn’t a remedy. He’s a contract that fits.

Reactions: FoxYou727

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad