Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
1726944667026.png

Here's an analytics site that shows offensive and defensive values.

Nothing we couldn't surmise ourselves but shows we need Horvat and Barzal to be better offensively or match where they were at last year. Nelson remains underrated in the league as far as being a second line producer.

One thing I think is slept on is our depth.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He's a 70 point defenseman. He's not lowering shit based on "brain farts."
I wouldn't be surprised to see his point totals decline under Roy with a healthier defense as a whole.

I don't anticipate Reilly usurping him on the first PP unit, but if they can put together a second unit that isn't just running around like chickens with their heads cut off, then that could also play a factor.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Overall observations:
Good:
- Agree with everyone here that Bolduc looked more assertive out there, especially defensively. We're probably sleeping on his upside, because if he ends up 'getting it', he has the athleticism to be a regular.
- Holmstrom also looked assertive + competitive. His play on the ENG, which was anticipation + hustle. Was the goal lucky? Idk, whatever, he earned it. I don't think there's any question that he makes the team.
- Maggio's tenacity & decision to play a simple, hard game bodes well for his future. If he played to impress the coach, it probably worked.
- Pelech looked mobile, and healthy. I don't blame him or Pulock for the Bratt goal.
- Gauthier's legs going at 100% beats guys going 85%. But you can't complain about how he played!
- Mayfield: separated his man from the puck, and didn't turn it over. That's his job.

Bad:
- Palmieri - He'll get more attention for not shooting in the ENG, but the turnover leading to the Bratt goal added to a pattern. He needs to be sheltered at ES in tight games, and especially with leads.
- Jefferies - He was physically overmatched. He's only a few games into his pro career, but it was a rough game for him.
- McLean - Didn't have a good game, had a few turnovers. Not really worried.

Mixed:
- Tsypkalov - looked very dangerous in the offensive zone. His assist wasn't the only time when he looked dangerous as either a passer, a shooter, or in the cycle. Won some battles too. His stint on the PK otoh looked *awful*, and it wasn't just the turnover. It was bad besides that. He also let Dougie Hamilton sneak behind him at ES for a shot that could easily have scored. So, offense good, battles good, defense bad.

Some of the other guys looked decent (JGP, Lee, Pulock, Cholo). Some guys looked meh (Nelson chief among them).

Who made that pass to Thiesing in the slot? He almost buried it.

I don't remember all the details bc was flipping between this & the much more important Mets game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad