Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Now that announcement wasn’t so hard, was it Lou?

Enough with the secrecy regarding injuries. If for no reason other than the infiltration of gambling into professional sports, there needs to be far more transparency in this regard. I’m not asking for specifics on his mental health or personal relationships.

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
We have to hope it was a minor back procedure.....Sorokin is a reflex type of goalie that relies heavily on his athetiscism and flexibility.
He seems to struggle at times with positioning and angles.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Now that announcement wasn’t so hard, was it Lou?

Enough with the secrecy regarding injuries. If for no reason other than the infiltration of gambling into professional sports, there needs to be far more transparency in this regard. I’m not asking for specifics on his mental health or personal relationships.
Wanna bet Sorokin was playing hurt last season? The next question should be did management know Sorokin playing hurt and if so why didn’t they shut him down?

You can't make this shit up
I guess Sorokin’s back was weaker than his mind.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Explains why he looked like he did last year, I don't see how you can have f***ing BACK SURGERY and be ok day 1 of the season but have to trust that the team wouldn't be stupid enough to jeopardize his career.
They just committed to paying him a lot of money for a long time, I doubt they’d do anything to jeopardize their investment.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
And while we're at it, I've just published a translated interview with Romanov, where he talks Lamoriello, Roy, Montreal...and much more.

Have a good read!

"But sometimes, there’s a moment where you don’t want to give in to someone: ‘Why is he skating into the middle to try and get around me? Has he lost his mind? This is my zone – my house, damn it. He’s come in with dirty feet, leaving a mess. What does he think he’s doing? If he tries to cut through the center – that’s it, goodbye.’ Well, relatively speaking. If you think about it this way, why should any player – whether it’s [Connor] McDavid or not – be skating freely around my zone? If I have a chance, I’ll hit him. End of story.”

I'm ready for the season now

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You can't make this shit up

See...No one is making anything up. Lou just refuses to share, and it's so f***ing dumb. You think anyone in NHL circles, where agents/players/execs talk on a daily basis, didn't know that Sorokin was injured and that he had a procedure of some sort???

And what Lou...You really think that opposing teams are going to aim their shots at Sorokin's back now??? I can hear the opposing coaches now, "OK You guys...We're playing the Islanders tonight. No shots from in front of the net or you're doing a bag skate tomorrow. Now let's go..."

Reactions: The Real JT

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Do we know for a fact Sorokin was playing hurt last year? Isn’t it possible he hurt his back training in the offseason? I come to this board to get away from the conspiracy theories and not read more. 🫨
Yeah I don’t know why people are talking about the impact on last season. Pretty sure LL mentioned that he suffered an injury during offseason training when he was talking in regards to Sorokin’s situation.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Do we know for a fact Sorokin was playing hurt last year? Isn’t it possible he hurt his back training in the offseason? I come to this board to get away from the conspiracy theories and not read more. 🫨
Nope. And no one last year mentioned his mediocre play was due to an injury or overcompensating for one.

It was all the defense, shots against, Lambert, etc. Except, he’s been mediocre since the first Carolina series.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat season is over. Just a blip on the radar. Roy will get them playing pissed off to start and will have them in tip-top playing shape to boot.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Yeah I don’t know why people are talking about the impact on last season. Pretty sure LL mentioned that he suffered an injury during offseason training when he was talking in regards to Sorokin’s situation.
Yeah but don’t let facts get in the way of your personal narrative.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
"But sometimes, there’s a moment where you don’t want to give in to someone: ‘Why is he skating into the middle to try and get around me? Has he lost his mind? This is my zone – my house, damn it. He’s come in with dirty feet, leaving a mess. What does he think he’s doing? If he tries to cut through the center – that’s it, goodbye.’ Well, relatively speaking. If you think about it this way, why should any player – whether it’s [Connor] McDavid or not – be skating freely around my zone? If I have a chance, I’ll hit him. End of story.”

I'm ready for the season now
That interview was funny. First Romanov talks about how he doesn't need to go for hits, and then he's like, "but if you cut to the middle I'll kill you".

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
From what they were saying about Tsyplakov, he’s apparently the real deal. Going to be fun to see him in preseason vs some NHLers for sure.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
From what they were saying about Tsyplakov, he’s apparently the real deal. Going to be fun to see him in preseason vs some NHLers for sure.
I'm trying to stay cautious, but I have sneaky cautious optimism that they can surprise even me this season. They proved they could score a little more last season. If they can get a healthy Sorokin post-back surgery locked in and get contributions from Tsyp and Duke, along with literally any improvement to a monumentally bad PK, they could surprise.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I'm trying to stay cautious, but I have sneaky cautious optimism that they can surprise even me this season. They proved they could score a little more last season. If they can get a healthy Sorokin post-back surgery locked in and get contributions from Tsyp and Duke, along with literally any improvement to a monumentally bad PK, they could surprise.
With last years team and a capable team defense/PK, they’re atleast 10 wins higher (conservatively) then they were. That right there would put them at 104 points vs the 94 they finished with. Easily a playoff team this year. Duclair fills a top 6 wing spot they’ve been lacking while trying to bandaid it with bottom 6/AHL forwards the past couple seasons.

Reactions: NYI365

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So his smile is infectious to Barzal.

He was roommates at the WJC with Horvat
He was on a PK unit with Pageau in Ottawa

And he was recruited by Patrick Roy from their junior days

So my question is...why the f*** was he not brought in last deadline to a.) help the team in the playoffs and b.) gauge the fit before making a significant commitment to him?

It's not like he went for a haul He went for a 3rd...this is what pisses me off. Lou's weakness coming off of the shortened COVID seasons have been that he's been "too little, too late".

Reactions: Lame Lambert

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
So his smile is infectious to Barzal.

He was roommates at the WJC with Horvat
He was on a PK unit with Pageau in Ottawa

And he was recruited by Patrick Roy from their junior days

So my question is...why the f*** was he not brought in last deadline to a.) help the team in the playoffs and b.) gauge the fit before making a significant commitment to him?

It's not like he went for a haul He went for a 3rd...this is what pisses me off. Lou's weakness coming off of the shortened COVID seasons have been that he's been "too little, too late".
Well, if the Islanders still lost to Carolina after a Duclair trade, the rhetoric would have been, why the f*** did we give up a third for this guy when we could have had him for a free in a few weeks. You really can't win.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Well, if the Islanders still lost to Carolina after a Duclair trade, the rhetoric would have been, why the f*** did we give up a third for this guy when we could have had him for a free in a few weeks. You really can't win.
I don't agree with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad