Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If Martin was 12 games away from 1K fine, but this better not be the reason as to why he was signed to a PTO.

That's Wilpon-level Mets shit. Signing aged players for gimmicky shit.

Now on the other hand, maybe he shows he's in better shape. I don't completely hate him as the 14th forward as the muscle and familiarity with the room. But no chance he should dress in front of a youngin' who is playing well, I'll be extremely upset.

15 Years Ago: NY Islanders legendary coach Al Arbour coaches 1,500th game

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Reactions: Arsenalogist24

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If he and Duclair combine for 45 goals, this is a MAJOR upgrade.
And, if he and Duclair can effectively fill the top 2 LW slots, leaving Lee with JGP and Engvall (pretty good line late last year) and MacLean-Cizikas-Holmstrom as the 4th line most nights, they'd actually be rolling 4 lines that can maybe keep the puck in the offensive zone. One can dream, anyway.

Reactions: Potvottier

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Apparently that rookie camp mystery man Kudashov is here on a PTO:

I saw a bit of video of him and read a description of his game. He's 6.0', 175lbs with great mobility and an all-around defensive game. If he somehow makes the team (or more likely ends up in BPT), I will be calling him "Andy Greenekov".
Never a bad thing to get a “free” young player. Honestly don’t know much about him but would be nice to add a young player to the fold with NHL potential

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I have been much happier person since I unfollowed Stefen Rosner on 'Xitter'...

The amount of hype he's giving to Tsyplakov, who's the oldest skater in a Rookie Camp with 7 years of KHL experience to boot is downright fraudulent.

And to those asking, it's the algorithm putting him in my feed.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Just published: Get to know Islanders' latest PTO Artyom Kudashov

Have a good read!

Thank you for sharing your write up.

Those numbers don't seem too impressive for a 6'0" 175 lbs. left shot D (for context Romanov had 14 points in the MHL in his draft year).

Unless this kid's positioning and stickwork are ultra high end, I don't really see the upside. But hey, I don't mind the Islanders trying!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

The amount of hype he's giving to Tsyplakov, who's the oldest skater in a Rookie Camp with 7 years of KHL experience to boot is downright fraudulent.

He's just as bad as Luke Fox Jukebox

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

If you let anything on Twitter influence your happiness, maybe it’s time to really think about your account access, and social media in general.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I'm pretty sure he has certain "requirements" to fulfill as part of his gig with THN.

It's kind of a team coverage job where those covering the various teams online need to generate content, even when it's perhaps not really there.

Last edited:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Thank you for sharing your write up.

Those numbers don't seem too impressive for a 6'0" 175 lbs. left shot D (for context Romanov had 14 points in the MHL in his draft year).

Unless this kid's positioning and stickwork are ultra high end, I don't really see the upside. But hey, I don't mind the Islanders trying!

I agree with you; at his age, Romanov showed much more potential and upside. However, the kid has a chance and everything is up to him. Maybe he'll find his place.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad