Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I think people are also forgetting that he was injured in the last regular season game he played, before coming back for the playoffs. It’s likely that he was still playing through an injury.

I do agree he has tended to regress towards the spring the last couple of seasons, but hopefully with more strength and experience that gets resolved.

Right now I would take Dobson for 8 years and anything 10 million or under. If he doesn’t accept that wait until next offseason.

I thought it was clear to everyone that the minutes Dobson played right from the get-go were often so off the charts insane, they were unsustainable. Alone from NOV 17 to JAN 7, he didn't play less than 25:09 a night.

I mean, that's.... I am at a loss of words.

No doubt in my mind that his performance understandably paid the price for getting those kinds of minutes right from the get-go.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I thought it was clear to everyone that the minutes Dobson played right from the get-go were often so off the charts insane, they were unsustainable. Alone from NOV 17 to JAN 7, he didn't play less than 25:09 a night.

I mean, that's.... I am at a loss of words.

No doubt in my mind that his performance understandably paid the price for getting those kinds of minutes right from the get-go.
Newly minted gazillionaire Brock Faber averaged 25 minutes per game for the season - his first one!

I actually thought he played better when he was going heavy minutes. Less time listening to Houda on the bench. Actually, I think the fatigue made him move the puck quicker. Defensive miscues aside, he is a bad player below our goal line. Puck retrievals in particular are a problem. I'm not sure the extra minutes drove that.

Reactions: Potvottier

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Right now I would take Dobson for 8 years and anything 10 million or under. If he doesn’t accept that wait until next offseason.
Repeat after me:

Noah Dobson is not getting more than Mat Barzal
Noah Dobson is not getting more than Mat Barzal . . .

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I'd prepare for an 8 figure contract for Dobson. Faber will be able to sign another big contract at age 29... Dobson will be 33 if he takes an 8 year deal. Dobson has outscored Faber's 47 points each of the past three seasons, putting up 70 last year. If he puts up 65-70 again I think we're looking at more like 11.5M
Dobson is not getting 8 figures, And certainly not 11.5. I think he signs for 9-9.5.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Repeat after me:

Maybe, maybe not. If the cap goes up again next offseason I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets more. I hope you are right though.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
PTOs and Depth
Potential PTOs: Adding a PTO could indeed provide the Islanders with a valuable depth option. Players like Cousins, Kubalik, and Clutterbuck could offer varying strengths and compete for a final roster spot. Each has a different skill set that could potentially upgrade the depth ahead of Hudson Fasching. Any contract will have to be between 775k and 825K.

Patrick Roy’s Impact
Training Camp: Under Patrick Roy, the Islanders should benefit from a full training camp. Roy’s approach will be crucial in shaping the team’s systems and culture. If he can replicate the success Tocchet had with Vancouver, it could lead to significant improvements in performance and results in the standings.

Camp Battles
Forward Battles:
  • Wahlstrom vs. Tsyplakov: With only one spot available, this battle will be pivotal. Wahlstrom’s vs. Tsyplakov’s will be closely watched. Tsyplakov could start in the AHL to give Wahlstrom more time to prove himself or Wahlstrom is traded, starts in the AHL, or lost to waivers.
  • Foudy vs. Maclean vs. Fasching vs. Karlstrom: Two of these four players will make the team. Foudy’s speed, Maclean’s versatility, Fasching’s experience, and Karlstrom’s potential make this an interesting competition.
Bolduc’s Role: Bolduc’s situation is crucial given he’s not waiver-exempt. A fresh start after a challenging season could lead to significant development.

Line Combinations
Top 6 Forward:
  • Barzal-Horvat-Duclair: This is likely the top-line configuration. Duclair’s speed and scoring ability fit well with Barzal’s playmaking and Horvat’s two-way game.
Speed and Puck Transport:
  • Nelson and Palmieri Line: Engvall could indeed be a good fit here, providing speed and puck-moving ability. If Duclair is with Barzal and Horvat, Engvall could slot in with Nelson and Palmieri, so could Lee, Tsyplakov, or Holmstrom. Roy did like the Lee- JGP - Engvall line last year. Lee has had strong chemistry with Nelson, so he could be an option.
Possible Lineups:
  • Barzal-Horvat-Duclair
  • Tsyplakov-Nelson-Palmieri
  • Lee-JGP-Engvall
  • Maclean - Cizikas - Holmstrom/Fasching
Power Play
PP1 Spot:
  • Palmieri vs. Duclair: Isles PP is most effective when they have Barzal QBing on the left half-wall, having Palmieri, A RH shot below the goalline helps protect the puck better as they work the overload - options of Dobson at the top, Nelson on the Right, and Horvat in the Bumper. Having Duclair and his LHS in the PP1 will create more movement between the bumper RW Slot, possibly giving opposing PKs other looks to think about. My guess is that Kyle is the first option out of the gate.
Health Concerns
Key Players: The health of Pelech, Pulock, Mayfield, Varlamov, and JGP is critical. Any injuries could significantly impact the team’s performance. Keeping these players healthy will be a major focus.

RFA
Resigning Noah Dobson and Alexander Romanov long-term is crucial. If they can secure both players for a combined $14-14.5 million annually, it would be a significant win. This investment would stabilize the team's defense and ensure they have key young players locked in for the future.

Prospect Watch
Cole Eiserman: As a top prospect, Eiserman’s development is crucial. A strong season and a good performance at the WJC would be encouraging. My Dream scenario is: Eiserman becomes BU's leading scorer and Hobey Baker candidate, a gold medal winner at WJC and one of the tournament's top scorers, which could make him a highly anticipated addition for the playoffs.
Pulkkinen and Bednarik: Both are exciting prospects, and their performances will be important for the future. Hoping they both play big roles for their current clubs as well as their countries in the WJCs. Pulkkinen is a very exciting prospect with his size and skating ability - hope to see him get some meaningful minutes for his club team (top Swedish league) and have a big WJC. It is worth mentioning that Bednarik will be Eiserman’s teammate at BU with Jay Pandolfo.
Goalies Gamzin and Gidlof: The two goalies from this year’s draft could be key future assets. Their progress will be worth monitoring. Gamzin could make the jump as #1 for CSKA and Gidlof could also make the top league and be #1 choice for team Sweden in the WJC.

Bridgeport Watch
Key Players:
  • Odelius and George: Expected to play significant roles in the AHL, which will be important for their development.
  • Jeffries, Maggio, Dufour: Their performance in their respective seasons will be telling for their future NHL potential.
  • Karlstrom: Could be a surprise contributor, similar to how Kyle Maclean emerged.
Trade Deadline Targets
Vatrano and Ehlers: Targeting players like Vatrano and Ehlers could be beneficial, Ehlers being preferable, but with the Jets contending I doubt he is made available. The idea of holding onto the 2025 1st-round pick is sensible, and if it is used, it should be in a deal that includes an extension, akin to the Horvat deal. Vatrano might be a more feasible target given potential cost and retention scenarios. If a trade is made, it will likely include 50% salary retention, making Vatrano a potentially cost-effective option at 1.825. BTW, Anaheim does not have a 2025 2nd rounder.

Potential TDL deal - Isles 2025 2nd and 2026 3rd rounder for Vatrano @ 50% retention... If Isles need more cap space to make this deal, then Isles could always move a late pick to a third team to help park some of the cap hit.

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Repeat after me:

Why not? Dobson just outscored all of Barzy’s seasons leading up to his extension minus the rookie year. Dobson plays a more important position than Barzal. Makar, Hughes, Morrisey, and Fox are the only defensemen to put up 60+ in consecutive seasons. Dobson has a good chance to do that leading into his contract season.

I understand that Lou used Barzal as the benchmark in prior negotiations but I don’t think there’s any reason for Dobson to adhere to that. The cap will also have risen about 10M since Barzy was signed. Dahlin just got 11M… I’d expect something closer to that than Barzal’s salary.

I think a comp Dobson's camp could use would be Adam Fox. Fox scored 47 points in 55 games (70 points over 82) during the bubble year before he signed his extension for 9.5M before his age 24 season. The cap was 81.5M that season, and is expected to be closer to 93M after this season - so that would be equal to about 10.8M if Dobson signs next summer. Maybe 11.5M was a little hot but I think he gets at least 10.

Last edited:

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
PTOs and Depth
Potential PTOs: Adding a PTO could indeed provide the Islanders with a valuable depth option. Players like Cousins, Kubalik, and Clutterbuck could offer varying strengths and compete for a final roster spot. Each has a different skill set that could potentially upgrade the depth ahead of Hudson Fasching. Any contract will have to be between 775k and 825K.

Patrick Roy’s Impact
Training Camp: Under Patrick Roy, the Islanders should benefit from a full training camp. Roy’s approach will be crucial in shaping the team’s systems and culture. If he can replicate the success Tocchet had with Vancouver, it could lead to significant improvements in performance and results in the standings.

Camp Battles
Forward Battles:
  • Wahlstrom vs. Tsyplakov: With only one spot available, this battle will be pivotal. Wahlstrom’s vs. Tsyplakov’s will be closely watched. Tsyplakov could start in the AHL to give Wahlstrom more time to prove himself or Wahlstrom is traded, starts in the AHL, or lost to waivers.
  • Foudy vs. Maclean vs. Fasching vs. Karlstrom: Two of these four players will make the team. Foudy’s speed, Maclean’s versatility, Fasching’s experience, and Karlstrom’s potential make this an interesting competition.
Bolduc’s Role: Bolduc’s situation is crucial given he’s not waiver-exempt. A fresh start after a challenging season could lead to significant development.

Line Combinations
Top 6 Forward:
  • Barzal-Horvat-Duclair: This is likely the top-line configuration. Duclair’s speed and scoring ability fit well with Barzal’s playmaking and Horvat’s two-way game.
  • Nelson and Palmieri Line: Engvall could indeed be a good fit here, providing speed and puck-moving ability. If Duclair is with Barzal and Horvat, Engvall could slot in with Nelson and Palmieri.
Possible Lineups:
  • Barzal-Horvat-Duclair
  • Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
  • Holmstrom-JGP-Tsyplakov
Power Play
PP1 Spot:
  • Palmieri vs. Duclair: Isles PP is most effective when they have Barzal QBing on the left half-wall, having Palmieri, A RH shot below the goalline helps protect the puck better as they work the overload - options of Dobson at the top, Nelson on the Right, and Horvat in the Bumper. Having Duclair and his LHS in the PP1 will create more movement between the bumper RW Slot, possibly giving opposing PKs other looks to think about. My guess is that Kyle is the first option out of the gate.
Health Concerns
Key Players: The health of Pelech, Pulock, Mayfield, Varlamov, and JGP is critical. Any injuries could significantly impact the team’s performance. Keeping these players healthy will be a major focus.

RFA
Resigning Noah Dobson and Alexander Romanov long-term is crucial. If they can secure both players for a combined $14-14.5 million annually, it would be a significant win. This investment would stabilize the team's defense and ensure they have key young players locked in for the future.

Prospect Watch
Cole Eiserman: As a top prospect, Eiserman’s development is crucial. A strong season and a good performance at the WJC would be encouraging. My Dream scenario is: Eiserman becomes BU's leading scorer and Hobey Baker candidate, a gold medal winner at WJC and one of the tournament's top scorers, which could make him a highly anticipated addition for the playoffs.
Pulkkinen and Bednarik: Both are exciting prospects, and their performances will be important for the future. Hoping they both play big roles for their current clubs as well as their countries in the WJCs. Pulkkinen is a very exciting prospect with his size and skating ability - hope to see him get some meaningful minutes for his club team (top Swedish league) and have a big WJC. It is worth mentioning that Bednarik will be Eiserman’s teammate at BU with Jay Pandolfo.
Goalies Gamzin and Gidlof: The two goalies from this year’s draft could be key future assets. Their progress will be worth monitoring. Gamzin could make the jump as #1 for CSKA and Gidlof could also make the top league and be #1 choice for team Sweden in the WJC.

Bridgeport Watch
Key Players:
  • Odelius and George: Expected to play significant roles in the AHL, which will be important for their development.
  • Jeffries, Maggio, Dufour: Their performance in their respective seasons will be telling for their future NHL potential.
  • Karlstrom: Could be a surprise contributor, similar to how Kyle Maclean emerged.
Trade Deadline Targets
Vatrano and Ehlers: Targeting players like Vatrano and Ehlers could be beneficial, Ehlers being preferable, but with the Jets contending I doubt he is made available. The idea of holding onto the 2025 1st-round pick is sensible, and if it is used, it should be in a deal that includes an extension, akin to the Horvat deal. Vatrano might be a more feasible target given potential cost and retention scenarios. If a trade is made, it will likely include 50% salary retention, making Vatrano a potentially cost-effective option at 1.825. BTW, Anaheim does not have a 2025 2nd rounder.

Potential TDL deal - Isles 2025 2nd and 2026 3rd rounder for Vatrano @ 50% retention... If Isles need more cap space to make this deal, then Isles could always move a late pick to a third team to help park some of the cap hit.
What are you doing with Lee? Putting him on the 4th line? My problem is where do you slot in certain players. Guys like engvall and Holmstrom shouldn’t be on 4th line since they’re the softest guys on the team and don’t play an energy style game like Maclean. Especially Holms, he’s a young smart two way player, that if on the 4th line will be wasting away his potential to be a solid player.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
What are you doing with Lee? Putting him on the 4th line? My problem is where do you slot in certain players. Guys like engvall and Holmstrom shouldn’t be on 4th line since they’re the softest guys on the team and don’t play an energy style game like Maclean. Especially Holms, he’s a young smart two way player, that if on the 4th line will be wasting away his potential to be a solid player.
Yeah, I guess I overlooked Lee to put Engvall on the second line - I will edit that.
Thank you for the catch... Holmstrom can play bottom 6.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Line Combinations
Top 6 Forward:
  • Nelson and Palmieri Line: Engvall could indeed be a good fit here, providing speed and puck-moving ability. If Duclair is with Barzal and Horvat, Engvall could slot in with Nelson and Palmieri.
Possible Lineups:
  • Barzal-Horvat-Duclair
  • Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
  • Holmstrom-JGP-Tsyplakov

The top five are set (in stone).

If Pageau and Cizikas are not centers 3 & 4, then it's likely cause Cizikas is on Pageau's wing (for whatever reason). Don't see it happening.

These camps aren't really places of competition anymore. The guys get together for like 14-17 days with 6-8 test games in between. It's all about starting up with the systems and getting guys back into the flow of things. Even if a guy makes an impression, it rarely turns into anything more than a juicier shot in the first 2-5 games of the season. See Soshnikov.

Meaning, the team already knows who it expects to play where and with whom. And that will be the fun of it for us fans because we need Lee, Engvall, Wahlstrom, Holmstrom, and ideally Tsyplakov to not be 4th line players, but prolly 2 of them are gonna have to wind up there.

Strange thinking that Foudy, Fasching, and Gauthier are still in the wings competing for a job. In essence, good bubble depth. But there are legitimate NHLers out there who'd prolly play for the same money right now.

Health Concerns

The good news is that if the whole blueline enters the season healthy, we should be A OK with our top six.

I don't think anyone right now is entering the season on the IR, so to speak.

Nice.

You mean "top Finnish league". He plays in Liiga.

Pulkkinen will be interesting because he has signed his ELC and it's not like Bridgeport's blueline is busting with topflight options. And you really don't want too many 1st-year AHLers there at once.

But bringing him over now would not be untypical of the NYI.

What I would say is that I'd be surprised if each of Odelius, George, and Pulkkinen is playing for BPort or Worcester this season. Odelius missed the majority of last season to injury. His Djurgarden team is a top candidate for promotion. George still hasn't ironed out all the wrinkles in his game in juniors and could still be playing for one of the best developers of talent the CHL has to offer. Likewise, I have no idea what the rush would be to have Pulkkinen over here unless he's a unicorn. I mean, he only played 29 Liiga games last season. And it was his first pro season.

With Cholowski, Hutton, Mitchell, Fulp, Newpower, Warren, and Rajaniemi around in BPort and the team actually being more in need of another righty shot bubble NHLer type, dunno if we'd just be better off with the three prospects playing in their aforementioned leagues again this season.

With the line-up being what it is now, Karlström is looking at a #1 center job down there in the face. The wingers are, of course, the key. Boy would it be a huge boon if each of them puts in a 50-point season. Dufour has the most pressure as he needs to bounce back.

See above with Odelius and George. Even if one or both is around, I dunno about the significant role part.

The three other stories I'm most curious about in BPort:
- Can Eetu Liukas have the kind of season that makes us think he's the heir apparent to Martin's role on the Island?
- Is Justin Gill ready to step into the AHL and produce? Is he that good?
- Who the heck is Cam Thiesing? That was literally the oddest and most under-the-radar signing this team has made in a while. Well, since Mitchell and Fulp.

At the moment, the top 12 forwards look like:
Foudy-Karlström-Dufour
Jefferies-Pinho-Maggio
Liukas-Gill-Gauthier
Asselin-Bardreau-Gatcombe

That leaves Kopperud, Kuefler, Randl, and Thiesing as the unknowns likely to be in Worcester.

Reactions: leeroggy and NYI365

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY

If Pageau and Cizikas are not centers 3 & 4, then it's likely cause Cizikas is on Pageau's wing (for whatever reason). Don't see it happening.

These camps aren't really places of competition anymore. The guys get together for like 14-17 days with 6-8 test games in between. It's all about starting up with the systems and getting guys back into the flow of things. Even if a guy makes an impression, it rarely turns into anything more than a juicier shot in the first 2-5 games of the season. See Soshnikov.

Meaning, the team already knows who it expects to play where and with whom. And that will be the fun of it for us fans because we need Lee, Engvall, Wahlstrom, Holmstrom, and ideally Tsyplakov to not be 4th line players, but prolly 2 of them are gonna have to wind up there.

Strange thinking that Foudy, Fasching, and Gauthier are still in the wings competing for a job. In essence, good bubble depth. But there are legitimate NHLers out there who'd prolly play for the same money right now.

The good news is that if the whole blueline enters the season healthy, we should be A OK with our top six.

I don't think anyone right now is entering the season on the IR, so to speak.

Nice.

Pulkkinen will be interesting because he has signed his ELC and it's not like Bridgeport's blueline is busting with topflight options. And you really don't want too many 1st-year AHLers there at once.

What I would say is that I'd be surprised if each of Odelius, George, and Pulkkinen is playing for BPort or Worcester this season. Odelius missed the majority of last season to injury. His Djurgarden team is a top candidate for promotion. George still hasn't ironed out all the wrinkles in his game in juniors and could still be playing for one of the best developers of talent the CHL has to offer. Likewise, I have no idea what the rush would be to have Pulkkinen over here unless he's a unicorn. I mean, he only played 29 Liiga games last season. And it was his first pro season.

With Cholowski, Hutton, Mitchell, Fulp, Newpower, Warren, and Rajaniemi around in BPort and the team actually being more in need of another righty shot bubble NHLer type, dunno if we'd just be better off with the three prospects playing in their aforementioned leagues again this season.

With the line-up being what it is now, Karlström is looking at a #1 center job down there in the face. The wingers are, of course, the key. Boy would it be a huge boon if each of them puts in a 50-point season. Dufour has the most pressure as he needs to bounce back.

See above with Odelius and George. Even if one or both is around, I dunno about the significant role part.

- Can Eetu Liukas have the kind of season that makes us think he's the heir apparent to Martin's role on the Island?
- Who the heck is Cam Thiesing? That was literally the oddest and most under-the-radar signing this team has made in a while. Well, since Mitchell and Fulp.

Foudy-Karlström-Dufour
Jefferies-Pinho-Maggio
Liukas-Gill-Gauthier

That leaves Kopperud, Kuefler, Randl, and Thiesing as the unknowns likely to be in Worcester.
Team needs a legit C prospect or two in the next couple years

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Foudy-Karlström-Dufour
Jefferies-Pinho-Maggio
Liukas-Gill-Gauthier

I understand that these camps are not as traditional camp competition, but certain roles on this team that need a camp, like, Wahlstrom vs. Tsyplakov - only room for one. Most likely Tsyplakov is the one that wins out, but we don't know how these players arrive - in shape or what they worked on over the summer to elevate their game or improve their health.

The other camp battle is the final 13th spot and I agree that there are better options out there over Fasching. But Lou has not signed any PTOs yet- hopefully, he does.

I assume Pulkkinen will be loaned to his Liiga team (yes thanks for the catch on the Finns) - possibly, even Odelius. I do not believe George playing in the CHL as a 20-21 year old is not a smart move for his development- get him to Bport.

Tyce Thompson is missing in your top 12 and I believe Foudy will be at C.

Not sure what to expect from Gill, I would expect he plays on the W.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Feels like we've been saying this since Lou took over.

Fortunately, Nelson and Bednarik look like they could be Pageau-level NHL centers down the road.

But there's certainly nothing from within that will replace a Barzal, Horvat, or Nelson.

They'd be pushing for a job already if they were that good!

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Feels like we've been saying this since Lou took over.

Fortunately, Nelson and Bednarik look like they could be Pageau-level NHL centers down the road.

But there's certainly nothing from within that will replace a Barzal, Horvat, or Nelson.
The good news is that Horvat and Barzal shouldn’t need replacing for a few years.

Reactions: Potvottier

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Team needs a legit C prospect or two in the next couple years
Personally I think we’re in much more need of wingers. Horvat is here long term and I have to imagine that MacLean at only 25 can take over for Cizikas eventually as the 4C. I also have a feeling that Nelson will re-sign which probably locks down 2C for the next five years. Signing a 3C should not ever be difficult and if worst came to worst, we could always move Barzal back to center. The wings on the other hand are incredibly weak especially in the top six. Only Holmstrom and Engvall are realistic longer term options for us and both are much more suited for bottom six roles. I honestly don’t see any wingers on our roster right now who I think could be safe bets to be on the team in two years besides those two and even then I don’t think it’s overly safe. Maybe Duclair could be in that group because of his contract, but he’s one possible top six winger out of four that we’d need.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I understand that these camps are not as traditional camp competition, but certain roles on this team that need a camp, like, Wahlstrom vs. Tsyplakov - only room for one. Most likely Tsyplakov is the one that wins out, but we don't know how these players arrive - in shape or what they worked on over the summer to elevate their game or improve their health.

The other camp battle is the final 13th spot and I agree that there are better options out there over Fasching. But Lou has not signed any PTOs yet- hopefully, he does.

Yes, certainly.

I assume Pulkkinen will be loaned to his Liiga team (yes thanks for the catch on the Finns) - possibly, even Odelius. I do not believe George playing in the CHL as a 20-21 year old is not a smart move for his development- get him to Bport.

He would appear scheduled to be in Bridgeport judging by everything other than just how much he actually aced the OHL.

But true, he'll be 20/21 this season.

Tyce Thompson is missing in your top 12 and I believe Foudy will be at C.

Damn Eliteprospects. They aren't up to date!

Not sure what to expect from Gill, I would expect he plays on the W.

If Foudy or Gatcombe are used up the middle, Gill will have a hard time getting any ice there.

And are these guys like Thiesing and Kopperud simply more ready than Gill for pro hockey?

One of the things we'll find out.

PS) Asselin just signed with a Swiss club, so he's outta the picture now.

Last edited:

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Dog days of summer regarding hockey news and talk for sure. GM report cards came out for each team's GM on NHL Sirrius Satellite Radio. Not sure if anyone else subjects themselves to that channel in the summer as well. Lou's grade- D

I have to agree with their assessment. Other notables were that Grier and Briere I believe were B's or a B-. Same with Fitzgerald. All teams that didn't make the playoffs. The reasoning is you know what those teams plan is. With Lou, who knows.

Appreciate that Lou has not signed a couple of 4th line vets, has injected a little more youth in the lineup and kept his picks in the last draft. However, he is still boxed in regarding the cap.

Hoping for the best for this team as I am a fan, but so many variables have to break their way to be a team that improves and gets into the second round which it hasn't done in years.

Enjoy the rest of the summer.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Dog days of summer regarding hockey news and talk for sure. GM report cards came out for each team's GM on NHL Sirrius Satellite Radio. Not sure if anyone else subjects themselves to that channel in the summer as well. Lou's grade- D

I have to agree with their assessment. Other notables were that Grier and Briere I believe were B's or a B-. Same with Fitzgerald. All teams that didn't make the playoffs. The reasoning is you know what those teams plan is. With Lou, who knows.

Appreciate that Lou has not signed a couple of 4th line vets, has injected a little more youth in the lineup and kept his picks in the last draft. However, he is still boxed in regarding the cap.

Hoping for the best for this team as I am a fan, but so many variables have to break their way to be a team that improves and gets into the second round which it hasn't done in years.

A for not
1-trading 1st round pick for third/fourth line talent
2-not signing or extending 3-4th line players to 7 year contracts
Lou wins by NOT doing what he’s been doing

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Our draft alone gets him higher than that

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Ad

Ad