Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Ethan keeps saying it's going to be a complicated deal, this is likely why
  • If the deal is Pinto and Joseph for 2025 1st (top 3 protected), Pageau, Wahlstrom, & Bolduc
  • Pinto with no arbitration rights may need to sign a bridge deal with Isles - maybe 2 years @ 3.25 AAV
  • Isles 23 man roster with Pinto (3.25) and Joseph (2.95) their total cap would be 89.15 (minus Fasching .775) - 88.4 almost under the cap hit
    Senators 20 man roster with Pageau (5m), Wahlstrom (.917), Bolduc (.8) their total cap hit would be 87.4 not enough to add two more F's to round out their team.
    • Isles & Sens need to incentivize someone to take on some of JGP and Joseph's cap hit.

Last edited:

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I love the cone of silence.

A good extended weekend for our club. The draft pick trade, on the surface, worked out. Moving on from Houda a big win. Keeping Reilly on short money and adding a little speed and scoring not so bad. Tsyplakov may pay dividends.

Optimism: A healthy Mayfield is a solid 4/5. A better defensive coach and system will help Dobson and Sorokin. I like McLean.

Wish I knew if JGP was going to be better next year.

There is one transaction that would make my day - Rangers sign Swedish Aho.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Jeff Skinner
Vlad Tarasenko
Adam Henrique
Ryan Suter
JVR
Daniel Sprong
Cam Atkinson
Jack Roslovic
Kyle Okposo
Tyler Johnson
Tomas Tatar
Mattias Janmark
Justin Schultz
TJ Brodie
Kevin Shattenkirk
Nate Schmidt
Tyson Barrie

Last edited:

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I love the cone of silence.

A good extended weekend for our club. The draft pick trade, on the surface, worked out. Moving on from Houda a big win. Keeping Reilly on short money and adding a little speed and scoring not so bad. Tsyplakov may pay dividends.

Optimism: A healthy Mayfield is a solid 4/5. A better defensive coach and system will help Dobson and Sorokin. I like McLean.

Wish I knew if JGP was going to be better next year.

There is one transaction that would make my day - Rangers sign Swedish Aho.
Mayfield is not a 4
He’s an ice the puck machine
Roy wants to play a puck possession game? He does not possess that skill. That contract? Already sucks

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Jeff Skinner
Vlad Tarasenko
Adam Henrique
Ryan Suter
JVR
Daniel Sprong
Cam Atkinson
Jack Roslovic
Kyle Okposo
Tyler Johnson
Tomas Tatar
Mattias Janmark
Justin Schultz
TJ Brodie
Kevin Shattenkirk
Nate Schmidt
Tyson Barrie
Roslovic is the only name I’d be interested in but I don’t think it’s happening.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Trade with Anaheim, they need a veteran like JGP, can take on the salary, they can get a former first rounder back.

Anaheim needs to grow up its kiddie corps. They can give Wally a shot and see where it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad