Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SI

Feb 16, 2013
A Pinto trade would make this offseason a very successful one!

2025 1st, 2026 2nd, Holmstrom, Pageau for Pinto?

Also, Skinner and Henrique best of the rest still out there.

Reactions: xECK29x

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
A Pinto trade would make this offseason a very successful one!

2025 1st, 2026 2nd, Holmstrom, Pageau for Pinto?

Also, Skinner and Henrique best of the rest still out there.

That seems like a bit much, I'd probably still do it, but...that's like one piece too many.

Reactions: 12Dog

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The one year can make a lot of difference value wise. Didn't Smith always use to score against the Isles?

The one year can make a lot of difference value wise. Didn't Smith always use to score against the Isles?
Also Pens retaining 25% of his contract - JGP not going anywhere unless in a larger deal for Pinto

They did for stretches mid year.
That’s the obvious answer but it’s unlike Lou to run a 22 man roster, has never done that in his Isles tenure.

That’s the obvious answer but it’s unlike Lou to run a 22 man roster, has never done that in his Isles tenure.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Here are things I'd like to see rest -
  1. A top 6 F signed via free agency - i.e., Skinner, Arvidsson Signed Duclair 4/3.5
  2. Wahlstrom traded for a 2025 pick or comparable prospect - i.e., Berggren, Kaliyev, Heinola
  3. A top 9 F signed via free agency on a bargain deal, like < 1m - i.e., Atkinson, Beauvillier
  4. Sign a young PMD on a 1-year deal - i.e., Brannstrom, Bean - Signed REILLY 1/1.25
  5. TWO solid AHL C to help in Bridgeport - Gawdin and Blandisi
2023 - 2024 lineups vs. 2024 - 2025 projected lineups
  • Lee - Horvat - Barzal vs. Barzal - Horvat - Duclair
  • Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri vs. Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
  • Holmstrom - Pageau - Wahlstrom/Gauthier/Fasching vs. Lee - Pageau - Holmstrom
  • Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck vs. Maclean - Cizikas - Tsyplakov/Fasching
  • Romanov - Dobson vs. Romanov - Dobson
  • Pelech - Pulock vs. Pelech - Pulock
  • Aho/Bolduc - Mayfield vs. Reilly/Bolduc - Mayfield
  • Sorokin and Varlamov vs. Sorokin and Varlamov
I don't see Tsyplakov listed on the CapFriendly site. According to CapFriendly the Isles have $1.062,500 in cap space and they still have to sign Holmstrom, Iskhakov and Wahlstrom.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Reactions: beach

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I don't see Tsyplakov listed on the CapFriendly site. According to CapFriendly the Isles have $1.062,500 in cap space and they still have to sign Holmstrom, Iskhakov and Wahlstrom.
Writing is on the wall that JGP is probably on his way out. Just wondering what the deal will be.

Do they bring in an external center like Pinto, or do they run Cizikas/McClean as the bottom-6 centers?

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
This year opening night vs. Last year so far:

Duclair > Fasching
Reilly > Aho
McLean > Martin
Tysplakov ??? Clutterbuck

Roy > Lambert
Anyone > Houda

and hopefully...
2025 Sorokin > 2024 Sorokin

If we end up with Pinto instead of Pageau it should be a healthy upgrade over last season

I think Holmstrom will sign his QO, Iskhakov either in Bridgeport or KHL, and Wahlstrom will get a change of scenery or get buried in Bridgeport at this point.

Reactions: MJF and MarsTBOW

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
Also Pens retaining 25% of his contract - JGP not going anywhere unless in a larger deal for Pinto

They did receive a future 2nd rounder + a 5th rounder. Maybe the retention was the 5th?

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Trying to make sense of everything that's happened but Florida and Carolina are definitely both worse off today than they were yesterday, right? Would say Boston got better, Washington got better but I'm not convinced they've gotten much more competitive. NJ looks better too.
I think the Devils definitely are better. They will make the playoffs this year for sure. Especially if Hamilton is back healthy

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Do the Math - Gauthier and his .787k is listed - take that out and add .Tsyplakov’s 950 k.

Ish is not making the team and Wahlstrom will be traded for a 2025 pick 4th possibly a 3rd

Take out that 1st rounder.
2025 1st will be mandatory in any deal for Pinto - they maybe able to make it top 3 protected

Reactions: JJ18Sniper

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
This year opening night vs. Last year so far:

Duclair > Fasching
Reilly > Aho
McLean > Martin
Tysplakov ??? Clutterbuck

Roy > Lambert
Anyone > Houda

and hopefully...
2025 Sorokin > 2024 Sorokin

If we end up with Pinto instead of Pageau it should be a healthy upgrade over last season
This seems like it. They are all upgrades and unless JGP goes no more room at the Inn. Healthy JGP and healthy Mayfield.

Wonder if Lou is still talking to Winnipeg?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Way, way too much for Pinto. Effectively two first round picks and a second round pick.

Pinto isn't that good.
The deal also has JGP and his 2y 5 aav going the other way - it will cost them to move that contract - I didn’t believe they needed to but as we can see that is the trend

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
It is literally 25K of cap space for a roster of 22 (Gauthier out- Tsyplakov in, Bolduc as your 7th and Fasching as your 13th) with Wahlstrom/Iskhakov not included....

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think the Devils definitely are better. They will make the playoffs this year for sure. Especially if Hamilton is back healthy
Markstrom is meh. The last time the Devils
made the playoffs they gained a ton of points in OT and SHO bc they were just faster than others. That’s changed a bunch since that time.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Markstrom is meh. The last time the Devils
made the playoffs they gained a ton of points in OT and SHO bc they were just faster than others. That’s changed a bunch since that time.
I think their defense is so much better than the past few years...add Markstrom, I have not doubt they will be in the playoffs. Especially when I consider teams like Florida and Carolina getting worse this offseason.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
If you think Pinto is a 2C for the next decade you give up a first for him. Centers are still heavily in demand, I can see several teams being interested. Chicago should be WAY in on him and has extra trade chips.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad