Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
@Chapin Landvogt

Since you saw a bunch of the Swiss, how did Albelin's PK look? Was it a similar approach to ours, or something very different? Play it aggressively with pushing out (Florida would jump anyone who had their back to the play with the puck for example)

I think Switzerland has truly been among the best special teams participants the past few WCs.

I can't say what that means with respect to his duty as an assistant coach, but he has had the Dmen.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Washington gets Raddysh who was someone I thought could play 4th line and help the PK. Washington kinda making moves here, they should be quite a bit better than last season

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think their defense is so much better than the past few years...add Markstrom, I have not doubt they will be in the playoffs. Especially when I consider teams like Florida and Carolina getting worse this offseason.
I’ll disagree at this stage. I agree Carolina is slipping backwards. The Guentzel non-signing seems like a red flag there.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Ottawa only has 4.4 left to sign 3 players - 2 F and 1 D

If JGP trade happens then Ottawa and Isles will need cap relief - a 3rd team would need to get involved or retention would need to happen
Ethan keeps saying it's going to be a complicated deal, this is likely why

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Washington gets Raddysh who was someone I thought could play 4th line and help the PK. Washington kinda making moves here, they should be quite a bit better than last season
Their goaltending is hopes and dreams on Tim Thomas-like pumpkins.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone got mad at me when I said Tsyplakov was going on the top line, but with the Duclair add I think it looks more and more likely as roy will probably want to spread the speed around. Splitting them up and having Engvall on the third will give us one of the fastest players in the league on each line. We could even play Gauthier on the fourth if you really wanna get schwifty with it. Speed kills baby!!!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Everyone got mad at me when I said Tsyplakov was going on the top line, but with the Duclair add I think it looks more and more likely as roy will probably want to spread the speed around. Splitting them up and having Engvall on the third will give us one of the fastest players in the league on each line. We could even play Gauthier on the fourth if you really wanna get schwifty with it. Speed kills baby!!!

It seems a bold move given you never know how these Russian guys translate over here, he could be anything from the next Panarin to a nobody

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

giphy.webp

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
It seems a bold move given you never know how these Russian guys translate over here, he could be anything from the next Panarin to a nobody
I mean he's playing no matter what. I think of most of the lines as built around a 2 player connection. The third player should enhance that 2 player connection.

Barzal - Horvat - x
x - Nelson - Palmieri

Nelson and Palmieri can obviously use some speed. Barzal and Horvat need someone who retrieves pucks for them, someone who likes to shoot, and someone who likes to hit. Tsyplakov allegedly does all three. If he has the hockey sense and skating ability to hang with them (the two things that held Wahlstrom back) then it's his job to lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad