Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I’m not trading necas to New Jersey unless they get exactly what they want. Would really prefer to trade him outta the division
I personally don't care in most cases. The prospect of a guy doing well against you doesn't matter to me as little as you play teams. A guy helping the other team doesn't bother me because we'll be fine if we handle our business aside from such a trade. Get the best return.

Hopefully with either of those scenarios we can get something in addition to the pick.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I personally don't care in most cases. The prospect of a guy doing well against you doesn't matter to me as little as you play teams. A guy helping the other team doesn't bother me because we'll be fine if we handle our business aside from such a trade. Get the best return.

Hopefully with either of those scenarios we can get something in addition to the pick.
Marino makes too much sense. Could see Holtz though too.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
We don’t know, it never happened. Offensively it would likely be great for him. He’s a creative player who thrives driving to space so wing obviously limits him and forces him to go to the middle to get that space. If he was already there he could drive wherever he wanted.

Defensively? I’d worry about how he doesn’t protect the puck very well, and about his positioning in the defensive zone. You never know though, it may be a more natural position for him in all zones.
Yea I think it's boom or bust, he might benefit from basically being halfway up ice for a breakout pass...or his o-zone turnovers will lead to breaks the other way. He's also not great in the dot or particularly strong on the puck. We didn't have the luxury of really risking the trial much this year, but we also know how stubborn RBA can be

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
That’s a pretty good deal though. I think you’re taking the star package thing too far. When they said it on 32 thoughts the emphasis was more on that a mid round pick and a b prospect wasn’t going to get it done. I believe it was Marek who was trying to suggest something bigger slipped the word star in there. He may not have meant that like you’re taking it, or to him a top prospect would apply to that. 11th pick is potentially a star prospect. Necas and Jarvis were taken slightly later.
I'd expect more in return than Philly got for Gauthier. That's not #11 plus a B prospect, that's Peterka+ or #11 + Quinn type value.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I honestly don't care if either NJ or Buffalo acquires Necas. A lot of times, being willing to trade inside-the-division ups the return. Necas was drafted 12th overall by the Canes. Getting pick 10 or 11 would represent a positive RoI relative to the spot that Francis selected him back in 2017. That's honestly quite rare in the NHL.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I honestly don't care if either NJ or Buffalo acquires Necas. A lot of times, being willing to trade inside-the-division ups the return. Necas was drafted 12th overall by the Canes. Getting pick 10 or 11 would represent a positive RoI relative to the spot that Francis selected him back in 2017. That's honestly quite rare in the NHL.
Is it?!?! Both points are pretty off. I mean current players have more values than picks especially in a meh draft with a pretty mushy middle

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Is it?!?! Both points are pretty off. I mean current players have more values than picks especially in a meh draft with a pretty mushy middle

Current players can have more value than picks if there's enough team control attached to them. Necas definitely does. I would expect at least a small add to the 10th or 11th pick; I'm simply saying that the draft choices being offered for Necas are much higher than I expected and actually represent excellent value for the Canes if they can get Guentzel extended.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad