Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The forward prospect that's most expendable to Buffalo is Rosen. He's likely the add-on in the Necas package.
Yea I don’t see Savoie or Kulich. Quinn maybe tho? Buffalo has a lot of prospects but not all can play top 6 in Buffalo so some of them are gonna be expendable. They add Necas they’ve got him Thompson cozens Peterka tuch Benson

Reactions: Tryamw

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Just to clarify, I read the LeBrun thing as a 1st round pick only being part of the deal. We almost have to get back an NHL player or NHL ready player. If it's Buffalo, then I'd think it's Peterka as our 1st choice as he replaces most of Marty's scoring. However, I can't imagine them offering that much for Necas.

If we did end up with pick #11, I think my choices would be:

1. Michael Hage
2. Konsta Helenius
3. Carter Yakemchuk
4. Cole Eiserman
5. Beckett Sennecke

Anyway, it does sound like if we don't get exactly what we want, we're more than willing to wait Necas out.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Want no part of Krebs, guy is straight trash at this point. He hasn't hit the point total from Nachos 22-23 season in 3 full NHL seasons between Vegas and a desperate Buffalo team. Buffalo needs to come hard with an offer or not even bother.

And I still wouldn't make the move if we don't have Guentzel extended.
I still feel a late offer of 8x8.5ish happens and Guentzel decides knowing he will be playing with Aho for the next years does it, if we add in a NMC/NTCs with it. and healthy bonus pay

What do you see as morrows upside and also what he is likely to become?
#4 RHD / 1st PP QB

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I still feel a late offer of 8x8.5ish happens and Guentzel decides knowing he will be playing with Aho for the next years does it, if we add in a NMC/NTCs with it. and healthy bonus pay

#4 RHD / 1st PP QB
Wouldn't you expect nikishin to play ahead on pp?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
What do you see as morrows upside and also what he is likely to become?
Two-way RHD. I think he's Burns replacement long-term next to Slavin as the more-offensive half of that pair.

Without anyone ever saying it, I get the sense the Canes consider their pairs situationally (two-way pair, defensive shutdown pair, ??) rather than ordinally (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Nikishin is probably the anchor long-term of the shutdown pair, though I could see Morrow there paired with him.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well that doesn’t align with what they’ve said they wanted is a star package back in return. I doubt they are trading Necas for the 11th pick and just some b level prospect.
That’s a pretty good deal though. I think you’re taking the star package thing too far. When they said it on 32 thoughts the emphasis was more on that a mid round pick and a b prospect wasn’t going to get it done. I believe it was Marek who was trying to suggest something bigger slipped the word star in there. He may not have meant that like you’re taking it, or to him a top prospect would apply to that. 11th pick is potentially a star prospect. Necas and Jarvis were taken slightly later.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Sabres fan coming in peace.

I don't think Peterka or Quinn are realistic targets in a Necas trade because the GM sees them as sure things and part of the plan. Who knows, but it would be very surprising. Quinn is probably harder to get than Peterka, btw.

Thoughts on Necas as a center?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He is just not one, really. Never played as one for the Canes and was moved from center early during his AHL career. Last time he played center was juniors I think. I don’t think he was a center during the IIHF championships either, but not certain.

Maybe he will be great and we have idiots on our coaching staff, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sabres fan coming in peace.

I don't think Peterka or Quinn are realistic targets in a Necas trade because the GM sees them as sure things and part of the plan. Who knows, but it would be very surprising. Quinn is probably harder to get than Peterka, btw.

We don’t know, it never happened. Offensively it would likely be great for him. He’s a creative player who thrives driving to space so wing obviously limits him and forces him to go to the middle to get that space. If he was already there he could drive wherever he wanted.

Defensively? I’d worry about how he doesn’t protect the puck very well, and about his positioning in the defensive zone. You never know though, it may be a more natural position for him in all zones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad