Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Around an 1hr and 8mins in - Seravalli speculates the Canes’ offer to Guentzel is just under $8M x 8

Also, he doesn’t name the Canucks as favorites, but sure does mention a lot of things that Guentzel may “like” about Vancouver. Says they’ll need to offer around $9.5M x 7 to match Canes offer. Mentions that he doesn’t think the Canucks need to worry about giving up a pick to negotiate early.

I dunno, personally, were I the Canes mgmt team if all it took was a couple hundred more thousand to re-up Guentzel with that 8th year, I just do it.

Sure sounds like he’s Vancouver-bound regardless
What is the tax equivalent amount from Vancouver that Guentzel needs to match carokmna’s reported $64m offer?

I don’t know enough about their tax rules re: short year residency either.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
What is the tax equivalent amount from Vancouver that Guentzel needs to match carokmna’s reported $64m offer?

I don’t know enough about their tax rules re: short year residency either.
I read that per Capfriendly’s tool the tax benefit was approximately $400k for Carolina. If that’s true it would take 7x9.5 to match an 8x8 offer.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Got a feeling we are going to end up signing something like Marchessault and Monahan.

Then hopefully not, but think Guentzel walks and we trade Necas for a young D man like Guhle or something.

• Wow
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Got a feeling we are going to end up signing something like Marchessault and Monahan.

Then hopefully not, but think Guentzel walks and we trade Necas for a young D man like Guhle or something.
Whatever you do, do NOT propose that on the trade board. Guhle is apparently more valuable than f***ing McDavid if you even ask Habs fans about him.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
To my understanding, Seattle decided to do what a lot of teams are afraid to do: Allow their high draft pick to develop a bit instead of guaranteeing him a spot

Draft + 1
WHL post draft - 20 games | 37 points
AHL - 8 games | 6 points
NHL - 8 games | 2 points

Draft + 2
AHL - 59 games | 47 points
AHL Playoffs - 10 games | 10 points
NHL - 8 games | 5 points

Looks like good development growth each year.

Reactions: cptjeff

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Still am lost as to why RBA broke them up for zero reason.

wait until you hear about the goalies
1719107435788.gif

I was just having a good day, too

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
My assumption is that the injury Jarvis sustained in the Islanders series + Svech playing like an absolute beast made it an easy decision to switch.
RBA's stated reason (after the playoffs ended) was that a few shifts in it was clear to him that they were being pushed around too much and he needed a stronger winger to play with Aho and Guentzel.

Still, I'd question why he was so damn sure after a few shifts against one team. Like, can't throw them together for a game against a completely different team we're having trouble getting offense against? Really?

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Just posted this in the McG thread and wonder what ya’ll think

Carolina receives: McGroarty, WIN ‘24 1st
Winnipeg receives: Mailloux
Montreal receives: Necas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad