Roster Building XIX - Did we blow the deadline? Need to ask the magic 8-ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 5.14.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 5.14.29 PM.png

Did I get the GM job over Tulsky? I imagine TT would come back on a discount. Thought Tarasenko or Toffoli could be free agent targets for us again too over TT.

FYI Lindholm took that 1 year deal to rebound after a very mid season. Cause he loves Carolina too.

• Wow
Reactions: poobags

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If Hronek was willing to take 6x6, the Canucks would've signed him a year ago.

That is true, though Hronek's camp might've over-played his hand some after his numbers went back down to Earth later in the season and after some post-season struggles. I don't think that a contract in the 6-7M range is unrealistic for Hronek considering how his season ended.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
View attachment 875366
View attachment 875367

Did I get the GM job over Tulsky? I imagine TT would come back on a discount. Thought Tarasenko or Toffoli could be free agent targets for us again too over TT.

FYI Lindholm took that 1 year deal to rebound after a very mid season. Cause he loves Carolina too.
My first thought is the top line is too small. Let Turbo walk, put Jarvis on the 2 line and sign a bigger right hand forward for the top line with Turbo's salary.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
My first thought is the top line is too small. Let Turbo walk, put Jarvis on the 2 line and sign a bigger right hand forward for the top line with Turbo's salary.
I mean we saw these 3 in the regular season and they were spectacular. But longevity I agree the size could be an issue

Reactions: ElmCityGuy

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Cory L brought up the PLD trade (Canes Corner pod) as a comparable for what the Canes should be looking for in return for Necas.

I don’t think the Canes will get that sort of return but the basis works, getting a 1st plus getting young roster player(s) seems to be best case scenario.

Suppose the thought I’m getting at is I hope they’re looking for a return somewhere on the middle of the Fiala and PLD returns. All the Hronek/Ullmark noise hopefully is just noise.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Cory L brought up the PLD trade (Canes Corner pod) as a comparable for what the Canes should be looking for in return for Necas.

I don’t think the Canes will get that sort of return but the basis works, getting a 1st plus getting young roster player(s) seems to be best case scenario.

Suppose the thought I’m getting at is I hope they’re looking for a return somewhere on the middle of the Fiala and PLD returns. All the Hronek/Ullmark noise hopefully is just noise.
If a team believed he is a 2c, maybe

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Short of a surprise Burns trade, Hronek is a tough fit this season. He's a very good long-term fit, however. It's up to the FO about how willing they are to have a somewhat uneven defense for one season.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
If they end up keeping Skjei and picking up a depth guy who can play either side in free agency, that’s not a horrible idea.

They got by with a right side of TDA-Pesce-Bear for a season. The weakness on the right side (Burns-TDA-Morrow) be mitigated with a very strong left side of Slavin-Skjei-Orlov. Only issue would be where to slot Nikishin the following year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If they end up keeping Skjei and picking up a depth guy who can play either side in free agency, that’s not a horrible idea.

They got by with a right side of TDA-Pesce-Bear for a season. The weakness on the right side (Burns-TDA-Morrow) be mitigated with a very strong left side of Slavin-Skjei-Orlov. Only issue would be where to slot Nikishin the following year.
We didn’t get by with that set in the playoffs. Tda, as expected, got dominated in the playoffs. Great value pickup not great to count on for the playoffs

Reactions: AD Skinner

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Short of a surprise Burns trade, Hronek is a tough fit this season. He's a very good long-term fit, however. It's up to the FO about how willing they are to have a somewhat uneven defense for one season.
I think next season will be a transition season regardless. They won’t be as good, but likely still good enough to make the playoffs as a wild card team or 2nd/3rd in the Metro.

I think they may get back to where they’ve been the past few seasons if they additions of Morrow/Nikishin pan out as expected and with the growth of Jarvis and hopefully emergence of Nadeau/Blake as 2nd line scoring threats.

Reactions: WreckingCrew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad