Roster Building XIX - Did we blow the deadline? Need to ask the magic 8-ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Funny, because Mrazek just recently gave an interview about Necas as they’re both over playing Worlds for the Czech National Team.

What's your impression of Martin Nečas flying in from Carolina?

"I've played with Neči (in Carolina) for three years, we're good friends, so I knew that he would come. ... He's got a lot of qualities that I think he has shown in Carolina, but I don't think they want to see them. However, we'll see them in Prague."

So you don't think the Hurricanes are giving him the right role?

"Absolutely. They run things a little differently on that team... He'll get space here and every fan will see what kind of player he is."

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Funny, because Mrazek just recently gave an interview about Necas as they’re both over playing Worlds for the Czech National Team.

What's your impression of Martin Nečas flying in from Carolina?

"I've played with Neči (in Carolina) for three years, we're good friends, so I knew that he would come. ... He's got a lot of qualities that I think he has shown in Carolina, but I don't think they want to see them. However, we'll see them in Prague."

So you don't think the Hurricanes are giving him the right role?

"Absolutely. They run things a little differently on that team... He'll get space here and every fan will see what kind of player he is."

I mean he gets like 50% of our ice time in 3v3 OT because how good he is in open ice but when defenses tighten up, he captains the struggle bus.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him play well in the Worlds, given the lower quality defenses he will face, plus the larger IIHF rinks. Doesn't mean it will work in the NHL without some fundamental adjustments on his end.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Let it up his trade value.

I'm actually kind of sick of his one man show bullshit. No media availability, constant dingle dangle look at me bullshit, immediately changing is social media image to CZ national and away from canes and so on. It all reads like he dgaf if he's here or not or doesn't want to be. I'm actually fine with getting something good for him in return. Like to see us win that deal to someone who needs whatever it is he brings. He's basically skinner with less defensive issues and less scoring. Skinner could score 50 and still be a -25.

But as far as I care he can go.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
We watch him swoop and attack with the puck with speed constantly. The coach clearly doesn’t neuter him because of the ugly turnovers that occur when handling the puck as much he does. The chart shows that he’s not dumping and chasing.

He plays like MacKinnon, but doesn’t score like him because he’s not as skilled. His numbers are hurt by PP usage and linemates (although, he did play with Svech for a chunk of last season). 100 points away from Carolina is over the top.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Let it up his trade value.

I'm actually kind of sick of his one man show bullshit. No media availability, constant dingle dangle look at me bullshit, immediately changing is social media image to CZ national and away from canes and so on. It all reads like he dgaf if he's here or not or doesn't want to be. I'm actually fine with getting something good for him in return. Like to see us win that deal to someone who needs whatever it is he brings. He's basically skinner with less defensive issues and less scoring. Skinner could score 50 and still be a -25.

But as far as I care he can go.
Czech Republic seems to be all-in for their home tourney, David Pastrnak is joining the team too. The insurance fees for the Czech association may go up to $100k for Pasta. They got 12 NHL guys altogether.

So there's an odd chance that Necas is not meaning ill here.

Canes got eliminated early hours of Friday European time, Necas had a game against UK on Saturday night. I think he can forgo the media availability.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Fantasy world trade -

Nachos + KK to DAL for Stankoven lol. Or just Nachos. No WAY dallas lets Stank go though. No old dudes. We need ELC NHL ready talent for Nachos.

Reactions: Daeavorn

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I harbor no ill will towards Necas and if he is indeed moved this summer I hope it’s a win for all parties involved. If the return we get for him helps us build a better balanced and more actualized version of what we want our roster to be, whether directly or indirectly, that’s all you can ask for.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Fantasy world trade -

Nachos + KK to DAL for Stankoven lol. Or just Nachos. No WAY dallas lets Stank go though. No old dudes. We need ELC NHL ready talent for Nachos.
Only one I've seen on the main board thread that intrigues me at all is Rossi from Minnesota. Small, but he plays larger like Jarvis does and he showed a game that would fit well here as a 2C.

That said, I'd be very surprised if Minnesota moved Rossi.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
👀

That would be huge

1716215824548.png

• Haha
Reactions: geehaad

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Only one I've seen on the main board thread that intrigues me at all is Rossi from Minnesota. Small, but he plays larger like Jarvis does and he showed a game that would fit well here as a 2C.

That said, I'd be very surprised if Minnesota moved Rossi.
They'd pretty much have to be set on Necas being their 2C. Not sure if they'd take that risk or not.

What are everyone's initial thoughts on the Hronek offers in that same thread? About the only youngish RHD I've seen offered.

The more I think about it the more I think Pesce returns.

Might be looking to trade Nachos for a RH center. Stank is a righty :sarcasm:
Definitely wouldn't hate it but I see no reason for Dallas to move Stank.

Reactions: DaveG and Daeavorn

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Might be looking to trade Nachos for a RH center. Stank is a righty :sarcasm:
Well there’s really nothing in terms of right handed centres on the free agent market so it’ll have to come via trade likely necas

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
its easier to imagine we move Drury and get a 4C that is righty than anything else. Like Stenlund or Blackwell.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Drury is arbitration eligible. Kurashev got $2.25 mil from an arbitrator last offseason with a similar statline. Does something like that fit within their structure?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I don't see the need. Drury has been good for us. Why trade an apple for an apple?

And no. No way Dallas moves Stank. Dude has got lots of promise. He's a playmaker.
We will get a decent asset from trading Drury who is only okay and rode necas’ hot streak for multiple more points than he really deserved.

Stenlund or Blackwell will be 1 mil or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad