Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Assuming the Rangers grab a goalie they can expose in the Seattle draft, my roster below is for the '21-'22 season.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
'20 1st RD pick-Chytil-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Barron-Gauthier

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Thoughts??

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Assuming the Rangers grab a goalie they can expose in the Seattle draft, my roster below is for the '21-'22 season.

Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux-Barron-Gauthier

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Thoughts??
We can expose Georgiev and then just get another backup.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For F x 7 expansion draft, if we sign Strome and no major moves we’re protecting or exempt: Panarin, Ziba, Chytil, Krieder, Buch, Strome, Kakko, Kravtsov.

This leaves 1 protection slot for Gauthier, Lemmy, Howton, and Lias (is he exposed if he stays in SEL?). Who do we protect? Lemmy? love Lemmy but I’d hate to lose Gauthier.

Responses must be double spaced, under 500 words, and cited appropriately

If we're deciding now Lemieux gets protected. Probably after the next season as well. As of now Seattle also takes Howden IMO. Gauthier could turn into a really good player but it's still kind of iffy. The Rangers need Lemieux's physical game and edge.

Reactions: leetch99

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux-Barron-Gauthier

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Thoughts??
I like! hopefully its not too much to ask for the Rangers scouts to pick at least one competent forward in the first round who can be a 2nd/3rd line winger. Jury is still out on VK. Other than that the lineup looks really good. Never hurts to maybe hit on a bottom 6 veteran kinda guy if we are not cap strapped (Maroon/Acciari type). Not a long term deal.

Obviously the big x factor is Strome and how much he is willing to take/sign for. If not I still think Chytil can fill in with a guy like Panarin on his wing.

Reactions: Anthony5967

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I thought that is why we traded for Berube in February to expose him just in case we don't want to expose AG.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There are at least several teams around the league who are interested in Georgiev. It would be better to trade him than expose him.
I was hoping for Detroit's second rounder but I think at this point that is becoming a bit too optimistic at this point it seems

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux-Barron-Gauthier

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Thoughts??

It’s not bad but the idea that every hole in the lineup gets filled internally is probably naive. I don’t know that whoever we draft this year will be NHL ready within two years; recent history says otherwise - none of Andersson, Chytil or Kravstov was ready to step in during their D+1/2 season. I don’t think we’ll go with a defense that green either, but if they’re both as talented as they may be it’s possible they force our hand. I think we’ll see a veteran stop gap brought in, like an Ian Cole at minimum.

Also don’t know if everyone whose here now is here for the long term. Buch might not be. We may decide to package him, perhaps with someone like Lundkvist where we have so much strength at RD to bring in a solid LD. Who knows?

I’d be surprised if the only changes to the roster were internal going into 21-22.

Deleted member 23124

True, but I assumed Seattle snagged Howden because the Rangers had exposed a Berube or someone similar.
Didn't they sign a veteran goalie that was sent to Hartford? I assumed that was for expansion exposure.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
We can expose Georgiev and then just get another backup.
If Lemieux, Howden, Gauthier, Hajek and Georgiev were all on the market, I think Georgiev gets the highest return. I don’t see them exposing Georgiev. We will probably lose an F, which we are already thin on.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If Lemieux, Howden, Gauthier, Hajek and Georgiev were all on the market, I think Georgiev gets the highest return. I don’t see them exposing Georgiev. We will probably lose an F, which we are already thin on.

I actually think that goalies are over abundant around the league which is why their trade value is typically very poor relative to performance but that Lemieux would pique almost every team’s interest depending on the price. I imagine we’d actually lose him over Georgiev.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Goaltenders don't get much.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I actually think that goalies are over abundant around the league which is why their trade value is typically very poor relative to performance but that Lemieux would pique almost every team’s interest depending on the price. I imagine we’d actually lose him over Georgiev.
Lemieux is 1 or 2 for sure.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Did we?

Raanta was a throw-in and Talbot got pocket change.

And Georgiev is not better than Raanta, not even close.
I dont know that Howden, Hajek or Gauthier would get us a 2020 2nd and 3rd. I dont think that we can say for sure that Raanta was a throw-in. I disagree that Raanta is better than Georgiev.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I dont know that Howden, Hajek or Gauthier would get us a 2020 2nd and 3rd. I dont think that we can say for sure that Raanta was a throw-in. I disagree that Raanta is better than Georgiev.
Raanta is significantly better than Georgiev. Like, this shouldn't even need to be said.

He has a .921 career sv% and it's more like .924 since he left Chicago. He has health issues but if he's on the ice, he might be a top 10 goalie right now.

Georgiev is extremely overrated on here. He's completely run of the mill.

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Potentially exposing Georgiev is an interesting idea

It would only make sense if there was a situation in which the team acquired another defenseman/forward but didn’t have a spot to protect them

Basically telling Seattle “hey we’ll give you a young goalie who has starter upside in exchange for not taking player X”

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Raanta is significantly better than Georgiev. Like, this shouldn't even need to be said.

He has a .921 career sv% and it's more like .924 since he left Chicago. He has health issues but if he's on the ice, he might be a top 10 goalie right now.

Georgiev is extremely overrated on here. He's completely run of the mill.
He’s overrated especially when you consider the team consistently finds backup/1B quality goalies in the trash heap

I’m not Benoit Allaire but I’d have sold high by now

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad